The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Joker8

Finnish sniper Laine is available.

This seems like a trade opportunity that is tailor made for Carolina to pull off. The Jets need defense very badly and Carolina has more than enough depth to part with. Not to mention Laine would get to play with two other top-tier Finns in Aho and Terovainen.

As for the Ducks, if Laine was criticizing the Jets because he wasn't playing with their best players, imagine what he'll say playing with a considerably worse forward group in Anaheim lol. His biggest asset would be to the PP but if Murray still prides his forwards to play defense, then Laine lacks that. So, I'd be surprised Murray would be targeting him given the cost of acquiring him and that he will need a new contract after next season with a $7.5 mil qualifying offer.

Of course, the fun part of this is what it would cost the Ducks to land him. Lindholm or Manson is going the other way. If they think Heinola can step into their lineup at LHD, then Manson is who'd they likely want. With Bryan Little being injured and declining in production, they might want some center help also. So, I'd go Manson, Steel and the 27th overall, which probably get rejected by the Jets and NHL21 GM Mode.

15 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

This seems like a trade opportunity that is tailor made for Carolina to pull off. The Jets need defense very badly and Carolina has more than enough depth to part with. Not to mention Laine would get to play with two other top-tier Finns in Aho and Terovainen.

As for the Ducks, if Laine was criticizing the Jets because he wasn't playing with their best players, imagine what he'll say playing with a considerably worse forward group in Anaheim lol. His biggest asset would be to the PP but if Murray still prides his forwards to play defense, then Laine lacks that. So, I'd be surprised Murray would be targeting him given the cost of acquiring him and that he will need a new contract after next season with a $7.5 mil qualifying offer.

Of course, the fun part of this is what it would cost the Ducks to land him. Lindholm or Manson is going the other way. If they think Heinola can step into their lineup at LHD, then Manson is who'd they likely want. With Bryan Little being injured and declining in production, they might want some center help also. So, I'd go Manson, Steel and the 27th overall, which probably get rejected by the Jets and NHL21 GM Mode.

I would disagree....imho Ducks need to look landing him and moving out some Big Contracts...ie Kesler. Important our team need to light the spark in our team and in their Soul.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

15 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Exactly. If Laine was upset with how the Jets were doing....well...he aint going to like Anaheim lol unless he likes the beach....which maybe he does. But then go to Tampa lol (don't go to tampa please!!)

But, Carolina would make sense...also sounds like Carolina might be making some deal with the Leafs for Freddie.....that could be a HUGE deal. With so many solid UFAs in goaltending...the Canes could give up some of their D for Freddie. Leafs then sign Lehner or Crawford or Holtby or who knows! That would be a scary Leafs team.

• Like 1

It would not hurt for the Ducks to explore this trade scenario with Laine...nothing wrong with that.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Say IF our Ducks DO decide to pursue Laine....Here is Following Trade Scenario I beleive CAN happen for our Ducks.

To Anaheim:RW Patrik Laine,RHD Neal Poink,Jets 2.0 First Rounder in this years Draft,Prospect Luck Green.

To Winnipeg:Josh Manson,Isac Lundstrom,27th Pick in this years NHL Draft, Adam Henrique.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/5/2020 at 4:28 PM, MooseDuck said:

Say IF our Ducks DO decide to pursue Laine....Here is Following Trade Scenario I beleive CAN happen for our Ducks.

To Anaheim:RW Patrik Laine,RHD Neal Poink,Jets 2.0 First Rounder in this years Draft,Prospect Luck Green.

To Winnipeg:Josh Manson,Isac Lundstrom,27th Pick in this years NHL Draft, Adam Henrique.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

MooseDuck, 

I like the way you think ... 

1 hour ago, JadeDragonEyes said:

Why would anyone ever want to move to California?

Sunny Skies Nice atmosphere...Good People....what more can I Say.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

46 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Sunny Skies Nice atmosphere...Good People....what more can I Say.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

so, none of that applies right now.  🔥🔥🔥

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fisix said:

so, none of that applies right now.  🔥🔥🔥

Oh....Oh yeah yeah....too soon. Yeah I know sorry.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 9/9/2020 at 1:16 PM, GiAnTFAN-ad1 said:

Selanne can show him the ropes in So Cal.

He would be our Ducks Spokesperson to bring Finnish Hockey to OC.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

6 hours ago, Jiggy2win said:

It would never cross murray’s Mind to make a trade like this. 

Who knows.....I mean I might as well use Jedi Powers to convince him to do this trade...lol.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1