The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
MafiaDuck22

Shattenkirk is a Duck

I started the same topic. Didn't see your post.

Ducks wanted him last year, goes to TB and wins the Cup, now comes here. 

3.9 at only 3 years is a decent deal for him. Definitely a solid upgrade over Gudbranson, who was making 4m.

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 2

Dom Luszczyszyn (not a typo!) likes the value in this deal for the Ducks.  From The Athletic ($$):

He wasn’t the problem in New York and he proved it last year in Tampa Bay with a strong bounce-back season. Shattenkirk is still a capable play-driver at 5-on-5 and can help Anaheim’s power play too. At $3.9 million per he’s a steal, especially on a short three-year term.

• Like 1

Welcome to Anaheim Ducks Kevin ShattenKirk...FINALLY our Ducks have made a Splash. 3 year deal worth 3.9mil.Big Boost for the Ducks in Restoring and Strengtheing Defence Corps Depth on Blueline.Right Hand Defence Position needed to be filled and I am Happy Bob Did that....Let me be clear his nickname will be SHATTENQUACK.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

45 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Welcome to Anaheim Ducks Kevin ShattenKirk...FINALLY our Ducks have made a Splash. 3 year deal worth 3.9mil.Big Boost for the Ducks in Restoring and Strengtheing Defence Corps Depth on Blueline.Right Hand Defence Position needed to be filled and I am Happy Bob Did that....Let me be clear his nickname will be SHATTENQUACK.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Now if BM would surprise us and sign Pietrangelo we have triple towers Buckes and ShattenKirk from the Blues (just kidding it will never happen)

17 minutes ago, Joker8 said:

Now if BM would surprise us and sign Pietrangelo we have triple towers Buckes and ShattenKirk from the Blues (just kidding it will never happen)

Ducks are always saving money....and "Developing Within" Strategy in regard to our Prospects.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

3 hours ago, Fisix said:

meh.  until i see him paired with Cam, i prefer Gbud.

Well with long wait hopefully we can see what ShattenQuack and Cam do, In 20-21.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

Shame on me, but to be honest, I never followed this guy, Shattenkirk. Is he really good, or just another overestimated warm body? Why is it so much hype about him?

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

Shame on me, but to be honest, I never followed this guy, Shattenkirk. Is he really good, or just another overestimated warm body? Why is it so much hype about him?

He's a legitimate power play QB and puck mover.  He's not incredibly fast, and he's not going to be the guy you want killing penalties, but he's a smart puck-mover who drives offense.  Pretty much everyone likes this deal for the Ducks.

Is this the highest profile UFA we've landed since Saku Koivu? Obviously Niedermayer and Fedorov came before but I'm seriously drawing a blank on any names that could even be in the same area code as Koivu in the time since.

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

Because he is an RHD, decent defensively and has the ability to be a functional offesnsive driver and PP QB which Murray has been yearning for. I'm not sure that there's too much hype on him and that it is more that he fills a need. So, he should make the Ducks marginally better in that sense. To me, the biggest impact of his signing will be what other roster moves Murray makes as a result and how he handles the expansion draft. 

4 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Is this the highest profile UFA we've landed since Saku Koivu? Obviously Niedermayer and Fedorov came before but I'm seriously drawing a blank on any names that could even be in the same area code as Koivu in the time since.

Sheldon Souray?

4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Sheldon Souray?

Maybe, although he was well past his prime when we signed him.  Although I had flashbacks and got scared for a minute - offensive defenseman, known for power play QBing, not the fastest or best in the D-zone, in his 30's...oh no.  We just signed Sheldon Souray again!

But Shattenkirk is 5 years younger than Souray was.

• Like 1

A Fowler-ShattenKirk Pairing on the Ducks Powerplay could work wonders on our team imho. Signing is big boost for our Ducks and all of us alike.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

12 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Maybe, although he was well past his prime when we signed him.  Although I had flashbacks and got scared for a minute - offensive defenseman, known for power play QBing, not the fastest or best in the D-zone, in his 30's...oh no.  We just signed Sheldon Souray again!

But Shattenkirk is 5 years younger than Souray was.

Remarkably similar contracts though, no?

Also, I was making the reference in relation to Koivu. I believe Koivu and Souray were around the same age when signed. Both guys pretty high profile UFAs. Both pretty far past their prime.

9 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

A Fowler-ShattenKirk Pairing on the Ducks Powerplay could work wonders on our team imho. Signing is big boost for our Ducks and all of us alike.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Agree, I can't wait to see this tendon work the PP on paper it is a match 

2 hours ago, Joker8 said:

Agree, I can't wait to see this tendon work the PP on paper it is a match 

add Drysdale to the mix in Ducks Defencemen Depth and you have Strong Blueline.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck