The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
gotchabari

Grantzlaf Back

Looks like Grantzlaf is returning, which was predicted by many here. 

Basically loaned him to the Flyers for a few weeks in exchange Criscuolo and a 4th.  That's pretty good on GMBM's part.

• Like 1

The guy we selected with that 4th rounder was ranked #74 by Craig Button and NHL Central Scouting, and has pretty good comps in one statistical model:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Felix_Sicard/status/1313928619970883584

We could look back on that trade and really end up loving it. Not that it’s not already a good one. 3 years for Grant is too long, but he’s always a player you can move at the deadline any given year. 

Edited by Spencer_12

36 minutes ago, ike-1 said:

He has been Nails for us but crap for anyone else. Just like playing here apparently.

Have we explored the possibility that he actually takes his strength from Getzlaf?  We call him Grantzlaf in jest, but maybe he is, literally, the powers of Grant and Getzlaf united.  It would also explain why Getzlaf has lost a step.  He's been lending his power to the Grantzlaf.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, ike-1 said:

He has been Nails for us but crap for anyone else. Just like playing here apparently.

Don't forget how this guy went like 100 games over 5 seasons without a goal in his career before he wound up here. I would have preferred a 1 year deal so we could just keep this scam going whenever the next trade deadline is but it's clear Anaheim is where he's at his best.

2 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

but he’s always a player you can move at the deadline any given year.

Now THAT'S a GM strategy I could get behind....sign the guy to a 1-year deal....then at the trade deadline...move him for a 3rd rounder or something. Re-sign in the off season. Repeat. :P 

• Like 1

Can we call him something other then Grantzlaf. Not sure where that nickname came from but it's terrible. To compare him to Getzlaf is not right. For one Grant actually scores goals. Getzlaf just passes all the time. These two arent even comparable so I think he deserves for us to call him something better.

Edited by saskduckfan

2 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

Can we call him something other then Grantzlaf. Not sure where that nickname came from but it's terrible. To compare him to Getzlaf is not right. For one Grant actually scores goals. Getzlaf just passes all the time. These two arent even comparable so I think he deserves for us to call him something better.

This is quite the take.  Not only are you denigrating a perfectly fine nickname, but are you actually saying you PREFER Grant to Getzlaf?  Like, Grant is too good for us to compare him to Getzlaf?  Self-quarantining takes its toll on everyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

Oh Darn. I thought it was because when Getzlaf was out , Grant took his place on the top line and did just as well or better during that stint . I feel uninformed now.....damn quarantine . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

This is quite the take.  Not only are you denigrating a perfectly fine nickname, but are you actually saying you PREFER Grant to Getzlaf?  Like, Grant is too good for us to compare him to Getzlaf?  Self-quarantining takes its toll on everyone.

Maybe he can start acting like a bigger a-hole towards opposing centers so we can call him Grantsler instead. :ph34r:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Have we explored the possibility that he actually takes his strength from Getzlaf?  We call him Grantzlaf in jest, but maybe he is, literally, the powers of Grant and Getzlaf united.  It would also explain why Getzlaf has lost a step.  He's been lending his power to the Grantzlaf.

yes, and no, you're all kinds of wrong.

10 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Oh Darn. I thought it was because when Getzlaf was out , Grant took his place on the top line and did just as well or better during that stint . I feel uninformed now.....damn quarantine . 

That's where it came from.  Dude when beast mode on the top line.  

I'll keep using it until he does something else cool that supercedes it.

11 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Maybe he can start acting like a bigger a-hole towards opposing centers so we can call him Grantsler instead. :ph34r:

Maybe he become a complete shutdown center and we can call him Grahntsson.

19 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Granty McGronald doesn't roll off the tongue as easily

Granor McGravid?

Granty McGrant-Face?

Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf! Grantzlaf!  Grantzlaf!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2020 at 8:06 PM, saskduckfan said:

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

On 10/9/2020 at 11:06 PM, saskduckfan said:

How EliteG1 a Nickname for Derek Grant.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Not sure where to put this and don't really want to start a new thread lol....but just read this on NHL.com

Quote:

"I think you're going to see improvement with some of our young guys," general manager Bob Murray said. "And if we get improvement with some of the young guys, which it's time for, and you get some more consistency from the middle-aged guys, I think we can be right there fighting for a playoff spot. There's no reason we can't be."

So yeah, he definitely is thinking we are gonna be competing in the playoffs...or has his eyes set on it

On 11/19/2020 at 11:52 PM, Jasoaks said:

Not sure where to put this and don't really want to start a new thread lol....but just read this on NHL.com

Quote:

"I think you're going to see improvement with some of our young guys," general manager Bob Murray said. "And if we get improvement with some of the young guys, which it's time for, and you get some more consistency from the middle-aged guys, I think we can be right there fighting for a playoff spot. There's no reason we can't be."

So yeah, he definitely is thinking we are gonna be competing in the playoffs...or has his eyes set on it

His words imho that he believes some of the Ducks Youth will step up...It should not surprise considering their M.O has always been strategy I called "Developing Within".

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 11/19/2020 at 7:52 PM, Jasoaks said:

Quote:

I don't know, it's hard for me to read that statement and think that Murray truly thinks they will be competing with this roster. There's so much to sort out between now and the trade deadline. The Ducks' biggest issue is still goal scoring which hasn't been addressed yet. It sounds more like he's crossing his fingers and squinting really hard with the hopes of seeing the playoffs. To me, his quote implies that he's going to give the young guys more opportunities and impactful minutes (which I agree with) and see if they can rise to the occasion, but it's going to be harder to do that with Getzlaf, Rakell, Silfverberg, Henrique, Milano and Heinen likely taking up most of the top-6 and Grant, Rowney, Deslauriers, Backes crowding the bottom-6. The Ducks having even a fighting chance for the playoffs relies on the same things as last season: noticeable production from the young guys and Gibson being great. 

Also, there is almost certainly going to be divisional realignment for next season which might see Colorado and Dallas shift to the Ducks' division. If that happens, then I think their path to a playoff spot becomes even more difficult. 

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

Ok Here is the new Nickname...How bout this we drop Elite1C and Grantzlaf.......and call him DG38.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 11/22/2020 at 5:33 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

It sounds more like he's crossing his fingers and squinting really hard with the hopes of seeing the playoffs.

that is EXACTLY what it feels like. It's like his strategy to make the playoffs is "well, lets hope people are better players??" I mean, yeah, same. I hope so, too. But I do think if some young guys don't really step up BM is gonna trade them. And for what it's worth, I think if the season didn't get cancelled, we may have already seen some of those young guys traded (as in we would have already seen that they aren't going to step up).