The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

Reverse Retro Jersey

Sooooooooooooooo......what do you guys think???

It seems every one -- except Duck fans -- really like what the Ducks did....lol

I'm not into it. Would have been more interested in a webbed-D in the old colors or "Ducks" like the year we won the cup in the old colors....but, maybe that would have looked terrible. I mean, we basically already have one in rotation with our old logo with orange which is really cool IMO. So, yeah.

LOVE the Wild's logo despite it honoring a different franchise technically lol but there are some cool ones around the league!

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-reveals-adidas-reverse-retro-jerseys/c-319633384

(oh and can't wait to see the Blackhawks one!....lol.....)

Edited by Jasoaks

The Wild Wing sweaters have always been horrendous. That said, I think embracing goofy works for a team with our history and branding. I actually like that we brought these back. It's a pretty obvious nostalgia cash grab but irony is hot these days so watch these sell way more units than any other alternate we've thrown together in the last few years. Personally I'm hopeful the largely positive response to dusting off these monstrosities will signal to the franchise that it's time to consider moving away from this black and gold webbed D era entirely. It's not the worst look in hockey, it's just too generic. It worked when Chris Pronger was getting suspended every other week or Corey Perry was stealing trophies away from Sedin twins. Now not so much. I know this forum isn't too kind to the eggplant and jade but the more years we run with our current brand, the more I'm convinced Disney got it right the first time.

The rest of these sweaters are really nice for the most part. Boston bringing back the old sans-serif B, Dallas returning to the 90s all star game template, and Los Angeles rocking the Lakers colours are all big wins. I'm also a huge fan of Ottawa, San Jose, Florida and Tampa all ditching their nauseating modernized logos for the far superior ones they used to have a couple of decades ago. The only real bad ones are Detroit (how do you manage to screw up a Red Wings sweater wtf), Columbus (this is a Caps sweater from the 80s nice try), St. Louis (should've went with their late 60s baby blue instead of red.. your team is literally named Blues), Winnipeg and of course, Nashville (although this might legitimately be the best looking sweater to come out of that god forsaken metallic buck-toothed cat branding). Not sure how I feel about Colorado and Carolina using the Nordiques and Whalers looks but both uniforms are still wonderful. Also, can you tell Lamoriello runs the Islanders now?

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Sooooooooooooooo......what do you guys think???

It seems every one -- except Duck fans -- really like what the Ducks did....lol

I'm not into it. Would have been more interested in a webbed-D in the old colors or "Ducks" like the year we won the cup in the old colors....but, maybe that would have looked terrible. I mean, we basically already have one in rotation with our old logo with orange which is really cool IMO. So, yeah.

LOVE the Wild's logo despite it honoring a different franchise technically lol but there are some cool ones around the league!

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-reveals-adidas-reverse-retro-jerseys/c-319633384

(oh and can't wait to see the Blackhawks one!....lol.....)

Here is my Honest opinion seeing the Reverse Retro...8th Alt and 3rd in our Ducks History....I LOVE IT and it's homage to our team's History and Unique Heritage....Whether you like it or hate it..I believe the "Wild Wing 2nd Edition" Jersey is BEST in capturing the Spirit of Wild Wing Breaking out...Two Thumbs Up from me...:).

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, yeaitsme said:

Getzy is going to ask to be traded now lol. Even the players hate that awful logo. 

The Caps, Panthers, and Flames did it right!

Fans especially Ducks Fans love the Logo it's reminder of the past our unique history of this team in the Hockey World...Nothing wrong with your views Yeatisme....imho I love it...I call it 2nd edition.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, MooseDuck said:

Fans especially Ducks Fans love the Logo it's reminder of the past our unique history of this team in the Hockey World...Nothing wrong with your views Yeatisme....imho I love it...I call it 2nd edition.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Moose I’ve always admired your optimism, but this jersey is a slap in the face ! Not saying I don’t understand your view, but this thing brings us back to when we were a laughable gimmick when we entered the league ! 

• Like 2

Our design team has always fallen short on jerseys. Some are good and some are just awful. To each their own, but the originals are still the best. This is the worst jersey in all sports. It has to be. It’s disappointing because it was a chance to do something great. But we did kind of beat the league on this already. We had the teal and black jerseys with the old logo a couple seasons ago. So you’re welcome Adias for the idea and this is how you thank us.

some teams nailed this. Some will hate them but some really like it. I think Vegas jersey is BADA55. I like it a lot. I like Calgary’s and Florida’s. Lots of good ones. Idk what happen with Detroit. Where did the grey come from and why a strip like that lol. Arizona is odd but cool. 

To the comment above about kings using lakers colors, it’s not lakers colors. King’s used to be gold and purple.

4 hours ago, ike-1 said:

Our design team has always fallen short on jerseys. Some are good and some are just awful. To each their own, but the originals are still the best. This is the worst jersey in all sports. It has to be. It’s disappointing because it was a chance to do something great. But we did kind of beat the league on this already. We had the teal and black jerseys with the old logo a couple seasons ago. So you’re welcome Adias for the idea and this is how you thank us.

some teams nailed this. Some will hate them but some really like it. I think Vegas jersey is BADA55. I like it a lot. I like Calgary’s and Florida’s. Lots of good ones. Idk what happen with Detroit. Where did the grey come from and why a strip like that lol. Arizona is odd but cool. 

To the comment above about kings using lakers colors, it’s not lakers colors. King’s used to be gold and purple.

The Lakers and Kings both started wearing the same colours during the Kings' inaugural season when the LA Forum opened. You're not wrong at all here but the Kings had their most significant years once they ditched them for black and silver. The Lakers have been piling up championships in purple and gold since the 70s. It's a part of Kings history but those colours are synonymous with the Lakers now.

15 hours ago, ike-1 said:

King’s used to be gold and purple.

Yeah, my first reaction to seeing the Kings was "oh neat, they're going with their classic colors" -- but that could be I don't watch/care about basketball or LA....sooo....Lakers have a tough chance of being something I think about haha

Now that I've gone through and ranked them for myself...I think the tops are LA, Florida, Minnesota, St. Louis, and Arizona.

And surprisingly Anaheim wasn't my least favorite! Dallas. I just can't get over the white box outline on top of the off-white color...it looks like it's a prototype that isn't finished -- like someone cut the Dallas logo out of a magazine and then glued it onto a jersey.

Oh, and I don't like Chicago's by default. 'Cause the NHL thought they could literally just NOT show the front...and think no one would notice. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it was more Adidas that didn't want to show the front than the NHL/Chicago. ugh, honestly, that move really bugs me.

23 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Moose I’ve always admired your optimism, but this jersey is a slap in the face ! Not saying I don’t understand your view, but this thing brings us back to when we were a laughable gimmick when we entered the league ! 

Dude I understand ya man.....Truly I know from talking to some locals on Ducks Wild Wing Uni it was always debated between those who love it and hate it.....Truly i know some tolerated it including me while others dread it...Which I know well.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

53 minutes ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

So, is there going to be hockey, or will this be a year of fashion discussion, with mf’ing ‘wokeness’ overlays?

Yes there will be Hockey cause I believe we are long overdue for positive distraction.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Well, the "Wild Wing" jersey was always awful looking.  However, due to the "reverse" retro plan it does look better in white rather than the original teal.  I myself would have preferred a variation on the "diagonally split teal/eggplant" theme.  It could be worse.  They could have used the HIDEOUS rugby style alternate sweater with the striped sleeves...

2 hours ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

So, is there going to be hockey, or will this be a year of fashion discussion, with mf’ing ‘wokeness’ overlays?

Every team is required to a uniform, are they not? What exactly is wrong with discussing or being enthusiastic about how the sport will look when 31 new uniforms are unveiled at the same time? Don't even wanna touch the second part of that comment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Every team is required to a uniform, are they not? What exactly is wrong with discussing or being enthusiastic about how the sport will look when 31 new uniforms are unveiled at the same time? Don't even wanna touch the second part of that comment. 

All teams including our Teams have these Alt/3rd to honor their past nothing wrong with that eh.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

Man I really don’t get some of you. It’s reverse retro, aka a quick nostalgia cash grab. I think this is a fun way to partake in a league wide mandated alt jersey. I’ll take one! 

what other options did we have anyways? Swap the eggplant and jade on the original jersey? Meh. Swap old jersey colors for current colors? Our current third pretty much does that. Use the boring word marks (03 or 06) that no one likes? Hard pass

12 hours ago, MarineDuck said:

Man I really don’t get some of you. It’s reverse retro, aka a quick nostalgia cash grab. I think this is a fun way to partake in a league wide mandated alt jersey. I’ll take one! 

what other options did we have anyways? Swap the eggplant and jade on the original jersey? Meh. Swap old jersey colors for current colors? Our current third pretty much does that. Use the boring word marks (03 or 06) that no one likes? Hard pass

I'm with you on that...I mean I don't like it, but I'm not sure what else they would have done. Like you said, if our current third didn't exist, that probably would have been what they do.

I still would have loved to have seen our webbed D or "Ducks" spelled out in the old colors...but I will say the white makes this wild wing jersey better than it was....might have been interesting to replaced the Ducks logo on wild wing with the current webbed-D haha but that would have required re-designing the logo to an extent I don't think they wanted to do...but would have been funny hehe

13 hours ago, MarineDuck said:

Nothing wrong with Nostalgia...reminder of our team's unique history and our Ducks Past as a whole for many of us Ducks Fans.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

13 hours ago, MarineDuck said:

Honestly Moose , it’s grown on me the past couple of days! It could have been worse ...aka Dallas or Detroit 

14 hours ago, MarineDuck said:

If they had done something with the old Duck mask logo, it would have been great.  They could have swapped eggplant and jade in some way and they would have sold a ton.  That mask logo was cartoon-y, but it was the right amount of cartoon-y.

This jersey is garbage.  It was a joke then and it hasn't aged well.  How many people are going to wear this unironically?  It's a farce.  There are a few Duck fans who can embrace the kitschy silliness, but no one else will buy this except as an expensive gag.

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

If they had done something with the old Duck mask logo, it would have been great.  They could have swapped eggplant and jade in some way and they would have sold a ton.  That mask logo was cartoon-y, but it was the right amount of cartoon-y.

This jersey is garbage.  It was a joke then and it hasn't aged well.  How many people are going to wear this unironically?  It's a farce.  There are a few Duck fans who can embrace the kitschy silliness, but no one else will buy this except as an expensive gag.

So you are saying you don't like it?

9 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Honestly Moose , it’s grown on me the past couple of days! It could have been worse ...aka Dallas or Detroit 

Oh man....that Dallas one............ ugh....least favorite by far.