The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Gibson4Life

Seattle Kraken expansion draft

7 hours ago, Fisix said:

were any of the three players sent down to the AHL today waivers exempt?

ah, Stolarz isn't.  i hope we don't lose him.

He started for the Gulls last night. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fisix said:

were any of the three players sent down to the AHL today waivers exempt?

ah, Stolarz isn't.  i hope we don't lose him.

Stolarz already cleared waivers back on January 9th. He had to clear to be sent to the taxi squad. No additional waivers are needed to go from the taxi squad to AHL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Stolarz already cleared waivers back on January 9th. He had to clear to be sent to the taxi squad. No additional waivers are needed to go from the taxi squad to AHL.

excellent, thanks.  i keep hearing that waivers this year is getting a lot of action.

17 hours ago, Fisix said:

excellent, thanks.  i keep hearing that waivers this year is getting a lot of action.

Mostly to save cap space here and there. We just called up Jones btw.

I thought I read somewhere though that the waiver is only good for 1 month? After that they have to clear again. Is that all players or only one way guys?

there's been a lot of claiming of players off waivers by other teams this season, relative to other seasons (we already lost a player, some goalies are in play).

i think you're right - once you clear waivers, you can go up and down for something like 30 days without worry, but then you have to clear again or another team can pick you off.  i think that's for all players except for the wavier exempt players, and the waiver exempt are the ~rookies.  you can see who is who on capfriendly - the little green arrows show who is waiver exempt i think.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:38 PM, Fisix said:

there's been a lot of claiming of players off waivers by other teams this season, relative to other seasons (we already lost a player, some goalies are in play).

i think you're right - once you clear waivers, you can go up and down for something like 30 days without worry, but then you have to clear again or another team can pick you off.  i think that's for all players except for the wavier exempt players, and the waiver exempt are the ~rookies.  you can see who is who on capfriendly - the little green arrows show who is waiver exempt i think.

I always Find capfr I end ly reliable  in dealing what our Ducks and other 30 NHL teams do in their transaction.

DuckPride  4ever  

MooseDuck  

• Like 1