The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
HockeyIzCool

NHL-NHLPA Agree to 56-Game Season

Looks like Kiefer Sherwood has earned a spot on Colorado's taxi squad. Good for him. I hope he gets a chance to play some games for them after being completely buried in San Diego last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

It starts tonight! There's already drama brewing. Draisaitl is out here claiming the Oilers are still the best team in Canada and it's hilarious cause it's like bragging about getting a C+ on a final exam. Watch all 4 guaranteed Canadian playoff teams get wiped out in the first round.

Unfortunately with the 2021 playoff structure, one of those C+ teams will make it to the final four.

2 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

It starts tonight! There's already drama brewing. Draisaitl is out here claiming the Oilers are still the best team in Canada and it's hilarious cause it's like bragging about getting a C+ on a final exam. Watch all 4 guaranteed Canadian playoff teams get wiped out in the first round.

haha woo!!

honestly...i think Vancouver comes out on top in the North...and in my own prediction...I don't have Edmonton getting in lol....i might be biased.... :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gilligoos said:

Unfortunately with the 2021 playoff structure, one of those C+ teams will make it to the final four.

Oof, I must have misread that part when looking up the playoff format. No wonder Canadians are so excited for this season.

• Haha 1

Ohhh man....watching that Habs/Leafs game....that line of Anderson/Suzuki/Drouin is looking goooooooooooooood. I know we were talking a bit about Suzuki during the playoffs...but man...he's just picking up right where he left off!

Edited by Jasoaks

they really should make the first month of games free viewing online with interstitial ads to pay for it.

16 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Ohhh man....watching that Habs/Leafs game....that line of Anderson/Suzuki/Drouin is looking goooooooooooooood. I know we were talking a bit about Suzuki during the playoffs...but man...he's just picking up right where he left off!

It looks like he has bulked up more since the summer too. Suzuki is gonna be good for them for a long time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nieder said:

It looks like he has bulked up more since the summer too. Suzuki is gonna be good for them for a long time.

ohhh yeah. that trade is just looking better and better for the Habs. Man, same with the Weber trade if you ask me. AND already the Domi/Anderson one is looking great...but that's still just one game haha

Islanders came to play! 3-0 already! Also, Lafreniere not having a great game so far lol...i mean, it's rookie mistakes so it's understandable, but his very first shift was pretty nice, even though it didn't result in anything. Anyway, it's still early obviously haha

Also, Hall already scored for Buffalo...so interesting to see how that goes for them!

Well...I haven't been watching the CBJ games...but looks like Del Zotto has 3 assists so far in 3 games...

Obviously TOO early to tell....but....think he joins the ranks of underperforming D in the Ducks system flourishing with their next team???

(not including Montour or Vats as I wouldn't say they "underperformed" with us and it's obviously unfair to really say a developing player like Shea underperformed...and was not a player BM wanted to just give up...but...I think you guys get where I'm going here lol)

Edited by Jasoaks

Gibby the third star of the week. Stopping 95 of 99 shots in 3 games. 2-0-1 , 1.33 GAA, .960 SV%, and 1 shutout. 

• Like 1

Probably unpopular opinion, but I kinda like the two game series this season.  Would not mind seeing two game series  when we get back to 82 game seasons.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

I'm totally down.  I like the series a lot.  They ramp up the tension and increase the importance of good coaching.

Wait...maybe not, then.

haha!...yep....

I kinda like it, too! Now, I know a lot would disagree with me here...but I wonder if this kind of regular season would have favored RC more...especially when we get later into the season and there are 4 or 5 games in a row with the same team. It's basically like the playoffs! but with different implications. 

17 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

haha!...yep....

I kinda like it, too! Now, I know a lot would disagree with me here...but I wonder if this kind of regular season would have favored RC more...especially when we get later into the season and there are 4 or 5 games in a row with the same team. It's basically like the playoffs! but with different implications. 

not sure, but nothing would favor him now with all the newer coaches/systems and play.

14 hours ago, Fisix said:

not sure, but nothing would favor him now with all the newer coaches/systems and play.

completely agree there are way more downs than ups for him at this point. But it was just something I was thinking about...

12 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Carlyle was a decent playoff coach.  He was good at line matching and making small adjustments, plus his style just suited the playoffs.  Whereas Boudreau was a fantastic regular season coach but seemed to choke in the big moments.  So yeah, I could see series hockey being a favorable environment for Carlyle in a way.

That said, no thank you.

Yeah, exactly. Tha'ts what I was thinking...but agreed. No thank you.

Oh geez.......Jim Rutherford just stepped down as Penguins GM.......

I can see all the Penguins fans being like "why wasn't this 5 months earlier!?"

11 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

One more piece of evidence to add on the pile regarding Murray's inability to hire people who can develop offensively gifted players.  How many points does Theodore have now?  Ah yes, he's also at a point-per-game.

Meanwhile, we get excited when Sam Steel and Troy Terry complete two consecutive passes.

Ritchie still taking bad penalties though. The Bs were up 2-0 midway through the 3rd last night against Pittsburgh, and then Ritchie took a dumb tripping call and the Pens scored on the ensuing PP (well, just as Ritchie was exiting the box) and then added another to tie. Good ol' Nick Ritchie. Silky hands but rocks for brains.

The Flyers  are healthy scratching Konecny tonight. Must be nice to sit one of your best 3 players and still expect the win. Apparently his 5v5 play has been bad. Our team is a looooooonnng way from legitimacy.

I've gotta say....so far seeing the retro jerseys that have been played in so far....they all have looked awesome on the ice!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I've gotta say....so far seeing the retro jerseys that have been played in so far....they all have looked awesome on the ice!

I thought the Oilers one was so boring when it was released but it looked great on the ice.

The Leafs jersey was super ugly on the ice.

5 hours ago, nieder said:

I thought the Oilers one was so boring when it was released but it looked great on the ice.

The Leafs jersey was super ugly on the ice.

same same...although I didn't mind the leafs one! I think I just enjoyed seeing something new. refreshing

Speaking of new....ugh it's weird to see Laine in a BJs uniform....also it IS the reverse retro jersey...and i'm not into it haha but he doesn't exactly look thrilled lol