The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Lineups:

Hello, my fellow Anaheim Ducks Patriots! It's been a while. Last year was pretty crazy, huh? Lol. Anyways, anybody know what the lineups are going to be for tomorrow's game? Or what they have been in practice? Any lineups you want to see? How long until Zegras gets the call up, in your opinion? Hopefully he does what Getzlaf and Perry did when in the AHL, and takes that league by storm. Tomorrow should be a great game. Can't wait. Let's go Ducks! 😎

Edited by duck123

Silfv - Henrique - RikRak

Lundestrom - Getz - Heinen

Comtois - Steel - Terry

Deslauriers - Grant - Rowney 

Lindholm - Shattenkirk

Fowler - Manson

Hakanpaa - Curran

Gibson

Z - Getz - Silfv

Milano - Rico - Rakell

Heinen - Steel - Terry

Lindholm - Manson

Fowler - Shattenkirk

Mahura - Hakanpaa

Gibson - Miller

I mean, this is where I would START and then depending on how players play we'll bring in Larsson or Welisnki or Jones or Comtois or Lunderstrom etc...to replace others

I know we aren't doing this lol and I know there are reasons to switch Manson/Shattenkirk...just saying where I'd start and then I'd go all over-coaching and switching things around if it doesn't go well lol

...I'm not stoked about these lines either haha

14 hours ago, Gibson4Life said:

Silfv - Henrique - RikRak

Lundestrom - Getz - Heinen

Comtois - Steel - Terry

Lindholm - Shattenkirk

Fowler - Manson

Hakanpaa - Curran

Gibson

No Milano for you ?

My guess is that they start with 

Rakell-Rico-Silfverberg

Milano-Getzlaf-Heinan

Lundestrom-Steel-Terry

Deslauriers-Grant-Rowney

This roster has a lot of parts that can be moved around though, especially Lundestrom. The choice to put him on the active roster over Comtois has my lineup card covered in red ink. :lol:

Since we are talking about our Ducks recent lineups Anyone Impress with Comtois-Steel-Terry Line...They stood out last night...Eager to see what they can do next.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

They were about the only line worth watching. The rest of them looked terrible. Season just started but I'm already going to say it, let Zegras play. At least then we have a young and exciting player to watch. What was with Milano sitting out. I thought the Ducks needed offense, so they sit one of the guys that is supposed to bring it. You could easily scratch Rowney instead. He doesn't bring a whole lot to the team, or Deslauries.

• Like 1

Rakell - Henrique - Silfverberg 

Milano - Getzlaf - Heinen 

Comtois - Steel - Terry 

Grant - Backes - Deslaurier 

Lindholm - Shattenkirk 

Fowler - Manson 

Hutton - Curran

thats who I would ice. 

• Like 1

Hutton is currently going through Covid protocols so it is not clear when he will be available to play.

Also hopefully they managed to wash the Kings stink off of him.

Edited by nieder
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, nieder said:

Hutton is currently going through Covid protocols so it is not clear when he will be available to play.

Also hopefully they managed to wash the Kings stink off of him.

He made need some Holy Water to wish it away...Also Welcome to the Ducks Ben Hutton.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

19 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Rakell - Henrique - Silfverberg 

Milano - Getzlaf - Heinen 

Comtois - Steel - Terry 

Grant - Backes - Deslaurier 

Lindholm - Shattenkirk 

Fowler - Manson 

Hutton - Curran

thats who I would ice. 

Good lineup. But I'd like to split the Swedes and go in a different direction with the forward lines:

Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell

Milano-Henrique-Silfverberg

Heinan-Steel-Terry

Deslauriers - Grant - Rowney/Backes

Lindholm-Manson

Fowler-Shattenkirk

Hutton-Welinski

For the D, Fowler was an all-star when he played that season with Vatanen, who I think is similar to Shattenkirk. Manson also hasn't been good with anyone other than Lindholm. I also think Welinski would be just fine as a 3rd pairing RD, and he could give them a right-shot on the point of the 2nd PP unit.

3 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

For the D, Fowler was an all-star when he played that season with Vatanen, who I think is similar to Shattenkirk. Manson also hasn't been good with anyone other than Lindholm. I also think Welinski would be just fine as a 3rd pairing RD, and he could give them a right-shot on the point of the 2nd PP unit.

Fullllllly support this! I really think Fowler/Shattenkirk would be pretty great. I like the Hutton/Welinski, too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Good lineup. But I'd like to split the Swedes and go in a different direction with the forward lines:

Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell

Heinan-Steel-Terry

Lindholm-Manson

Fowler-Shattenkirk

Hutton-Welinski

I like putting Comtois with Getzlaf as Getzy needs some goal scorers on his wings.

I don't know about Welinski though, I would rather given Curran a go.

2 minutes ago, nieder said:

I like putting Comtois with Getzlaf as Getzy needs some goal scorers on his wings.

I don't know about Welinski though, I would rather given Curran a go.

Yeah, I don’t think Welinski is worth giving minutes to unless it’s an emergency situation. I’m still baffled as to what the plan is with Mahura. There’s no way he can be worse than what we’ve seen from Larsson.

39 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Comtois-Getzlaf-Rakell

Heinan-Steel-Terry

Lindholm-Manson

Fowler-Shattenkirk

Hutton-Welinski

My only hesitation is taking Shattenkirk away from Lindholm, they looked great. 

Backes is was very solid and should be playing over anyone currently on the fourth line. 

other than that I wouldn’t mind seeing that. Curran played on his off hand side apparently, so I’d rather see Curran in than Welinski, but I really want to see Mahura. Idk what he did to BM and Eakins other than play solid hockey whenever he’s been called up, but he’s been in the Sprong house for like 3 years. 

Mind if I ask why you guys prefer Curran over Welinski? Welinski is 27, has four years of experience playing for Eakins, and at least has some experience with scoring at the NHL level. Curran is 31 and has played in Europe on a different sized rink for his whole career.

So you guys would prefer the (much) older player with no NHL experience who is learning Eakins’ system for the first time? I don’t get it.

Edited by dtsdlaw

So with Addition of Ben Hutton...Ducks Defence Corps will look something like this.

Lindholm-Manson

Fowler-ShattenKirk

Hutton-Curran/Welsinki.

Honestly not a bad signing.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

definitely Fowler with Shat.  i don't know what the deal is with Manson and Cam, but they refuse to make that pairing work, even though it looks spectacular on paper.

really missing the Gbud/Fowler combo when that hit its stride.  it was one of the few pairings over the last 6+ years of Cam's tenure where he was finally comfortable enough to gamble on his strengths offensively, rather than be compelled to always hover and cover the other guy.  it was beautiful to behold, and it's doubly frustrating now when we don't see it because we know it could be otherwise.

• Like 2

Something happened when we changed D coaches....Manson just completely changed. Is it 'cause this new guy wants to change his game to be someone he's not? Is that what happened??? Is no one talking about this in the locker room or in the management offices? or in the coaches corners??? It seems so obvious on the outside and such a night and day difference.

Manson has not looked comfortable since. Injuries, maybe? I guess it could be that, too...

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Something happened when we changed D coaches....Manson just completely changed. Is it 'cause this new guy wants to change his game to be someone he's not? Is that what happened??? Is no one talking about this in the locker room or in the management offices? or in the coaches corners??? It seems so obvious on the outside and such a night and day difference.

Manson has not looked comfortable since. Injuries, maybe? I guess it could be that, too...

Hard to believe this is the same player whose name was linked to Nylander in trade rumors not so long ago. That could've ended up looking like a repeat of the Hall for Larsson fiasco if it actually happened.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:22 PM, MooseDuck said:

So with Addition of Ben Hutton...Ducks Defence Corps will look something like this.

Lindholm-Manson

Fowler-ShattenKirk

Hutton-Curran/Welsinki.

Honestly not a bad signing.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

The ducks need to play to Win they play not to Loose the pack tonight was like HOT POTATO What D? Did you watch the game if it was not for Gibbi it would have been deferent outcome. no hart no leadership NOTHING! 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:54 PM, PetrSykora said:

Hard to believe this is the same player whose name was linked to Nylander in trade rumors not so long ago. That could've ended up looking like a repeat of the Hall for Larsson fiasco if it actually happened.

or, Manson would suddenly excel and turn into another Theo story....but at least we'd have Nylander lol...who I would still take...

Lineup Last Night was Good...I am Impress with Milano-Getzlaf-Rakell Line...Anyways If they build on this...Then our Ducks our team can Blaze of Path to Victory.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

So Jones isn’t hurt since he’s playing for the gulls and already trying to maim sj players 

Edit: Zegras  already with an assist lol.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 1

That game was fun and I'm glad that they will seemingly broadcast the next game on Thursday also. Drysdale's skating ability seems NHL ready, if nothing else. It was nice seeing him play with a guy like Lowe which allowed him to lug the puck up ice which he didn't get to do much in the WJC.

14 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

That game was fun and I'm glad that they will seemingly broadcast the next game on Thursday also. Drysdale's skating ability seems NHL ready, if nothing else. It was nice seeing him play with a guy like Lowe which allowed him to lug the puck up ice which he didn't get to do much in the WJC.

Interested to see if Ducks will give him a Try......just to give him taste of Pro Hockey.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Manson out six weeks with an oblique injury. So, that’s a bummer and puts him back about 2-3 weeks before the April 12th trade deadline.

Slot in Curran...Like to see what he does for the Ducks since he was signed.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck