Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Lineups:

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Manson out six weeks with an oblique injury. So, that’s a bummer and puts him back about 2-3 weeks before the April 12th trade deadline.

Manson's trade value has plummeted anyway. I don't think there are many teams that would give us fair value for him this season, especially with the ED looming. However, this injury may work in the Ducks favor long term, because I think Hakanpaa is really starting to figure out the NHL. He's a pending UFA and if he keeps improving there will be team calling for him in April. Playing with Fowler will improve his trade value a lot more than if he was stuck with Larsson. It may also pave the way for an extension with the Ducks if he excels as Fowler's partner, which would allow us to part with Manson this coming summer after the ED when Manson's value may be higher.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Manson's trade value has plummeted anyway. I don't think there are many teams that would give us fair value for him this season, especially with the ED looming. However, this injury may work in the Ducks favor long term, because I think Hakanpaa is really starting to figure out the NHL. He's a pending UFA and if he keeps improving there will be team calling for him in April. Playing with Fowler will improve his trade value a lot more than if he was stuck with Larsson. It may also pave the way for an extension with the Ducks if he excels as Fowler's partner, which would allow us to part with Manson this coming summer after the ED when Manson's value may be higher.

Yeah, good point. At least Manson isn't a pending UFA this season and has a chance to up his value by the next trade deadline. It's quite amazing how far he's fallen and I'm sure that teams would love to try get Manson when his value is this low. I guess my hope was that he would rebound this season and we'd get the best value for him before the deadline since he'd be more than just a playoff rental to who ever was getting him. Oh, well the organizational struggle continues. Fingers crossed that Hakanpaa proves to be functional!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Manson's trade value has plummeted anyway. I don't think there are many teams that would give us fair value for him this season, especially with the ED looming. However, this injury may work in the Ducks favor long term, because I think Hakanpaa is really starting to figure out the NHL. He's a pending UFA and if he keeps improving there will be team calling for him in April. Playing with Fowler will improve his trade value a lot more than if he was stuck with Larsson. It may also pave the way for an extension with the Ducks if he excels as Fowler's partner, which would allow us to part with Manson this coming summer after the ED when Manson's value may be higher.

I agree with that so far he seems unfocus....Not sure why.....Hakanpaa has impressed me the Most.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Playing with Fowler will improve his trade value a lot more than if he was stuck with Larsson

I agree with this for sure. But Im starting to think Larsson is improving his trade value, too. He hasn't been too bad this year...all things considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

So this probably increases our odds of getting the #1 pick.

Although that didn't work out too well for the Red Wings last season.

Honestly, this year’s draft is one where getting first overall may not be as valuable as in past years because there’s no generational or consensus top 1 or even 2 picks, imo. That said, this would absolutely be the year that the Ducks finally win the lottery lol.

It’s still early but the start has been ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Honestly, this year’s draft is one where getting first overall may not be as valuable as in past years because there’s no generational or consensus top 1 or even 2 picks, imo. That said, this would absolutely be the year that the Ducks finally win the lottery lol.

It’s still early but the start has been ugly.

Watch us trade the pick away, only for that pick to win the lottery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nieder said:

Watch us trade the pick away, only for that pick to win the lottery.

We got to wait and see what Fate has in store for the Ducks going forward.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Is this the AHL version of the Niedermayers?  Calder Cup, here we come!

lol. I wonder if Bakersfield has any disgruntled Les Cunningham Award winners whose wives hate living in Bakersfield that the Gulls can trade for.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

lol. I wonder if Bakersfield has any disgruntled Les Cunningham Award winners whose wives hate living in Bakersfield that the Gulls can trade for.

Don't know but Let's be honest Lineup for the Gulls has been strengthen by the Trade for Sam Carrick's Brother.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is....the other NHL teams better hope the Ducks don't figure out goal-scoring any time soon....'cause when/if they do....ooooeeeee....we are gonna be TOUGH to beat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen lines reported from practice today? Grant is supposedly ready, but I think Backes should also stay in. I'm hoping for something like:

Henrique-Getzlaf-Rakell

Heinan-Steel-Silfverberg

Comtois-Lundestrom-Backes

DGR line

Or, if they insist on playing the golden boy Terry, move Backes into the middle of the third line and go with Comtois-Backes-Terry.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Has anyone seen lines reported from practice today? Grant is supposedly ready, but I think Backes should also stay in. I'm hoping for something like:

Henrique-Getzlaf-Rakell

Heinan-Steel-Silfverberg

Comtois-Lundestrom-Backes

DGR line

Or, if they insist on playing the golden boy Terry, move Backes into the middle of the third line and go with Comtois-Backes-Terry.

Comtois-Backes-Terry line would be something interesting for me to see.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has a connection to the coaching staff, can you please let them know that Heinan had 16G / 31A playing on a 3rd line with Backes in Boston during his rookie year? Maybe I blinked, but I haven't seen them take a single shift together this season. Do you think HCDE even knows they were teammates in Boston?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/02/14/could-a-more-permanent-line-help-danton-heinens-production/

Quote

As you might expect, Heinen isn’t about to turn down chances to play in the B’s top six. But there are times he gets a little wistful for a more permanent home. Posed with the same question about his sinking production possibly being tied to his being moved around, Heinen, like Cassidy, wouldn’t put it all on that, nor would he say it had no bearing at all.

“I think there’s a lot that goes into it. Sometimes it just doesn’t go in,” said Heinen. “But I think with that line with Backs and Riley, we communicated well. Backs was really good at getting us together before the game and between periods and just chatting. He was good at that, and that creates chemistry and a comfort level, less thinking. So yeah, sometimes I think it was good that we stuck together. But it’s the nature of the beast. Stuff happens, moving parts, guys in and out. We’ve got a lot of guys who can just slide in and out wherever. But I don’t want to just relate it to that. But there is definitely a chemistry part of it where guys have played together for longer, you learn to play with each other a little better.”

I know Backes is older now, but c'mon! At least try it rather than scratching both in favor of Deslauriers-Grant-Lettieri...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

If anyone has a connection to the coaching staff, can you please let them know that Heinan had 16G / 31A playing on a 3rd line with Backes in Boston during his rookie year? Maybe I blinked, but I haven't seen them take a single shift together this season. Do you think HCDE even knows they were teammates in Boston?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/02/14/could-a-more-permanent-line-help-danton-heinens-production/

I know Backes is older now, but c'mon! At least try it rather than scratching both in favor of Deslauriers-Grant-Lettieri...

I dunno...tweet it @AnaheimDucks? lol I'm sure someone there knows something....or at least Im sure on occasion players get curious or management....even if they should't look....and they really should NOT look lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

We're shouting into the void, my friend.  Words are wind and all is vanity.

Loud Noises! I don’t know what we are yelling about!

Seriously. You would think someone is reading these boards. BM is probably looking for answers anyway he can get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like tomorrow's game has been postponed!  This according to ESPN NHL.

 

Oops...my goof.  That was from original schedule.

Edited by GiAnTFAN-ad1
Looked at schedule but thought it was for tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Henrique has been recalled from the taxi squad to the active roster. 

(Key dramatic music!)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 1:39 PM, dtsdlaw said:

If anyone has a connection to the coaching staff, can you please let them know that Heinan had 16G / 31A playing on a 3rd line with Backes in Boston during his rookie year? Maybe I blinked, but I haven't seen them take a single shift together this season. Do you think HCDE even knows they were teammates in Boston?

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/02/14/could-a-more-permanent-line-help-danton-heinens-production/

I know Backes is older now, but c'mon! At least try it rather than scratching both in favor of Deslauriers-Grant-Lettieri...

I like your idea and I don't understand why Heinen has been scratched for 4 consecutive games.  There are only 4 other Ducks forwards who have more points per game and he is hardly a defensive liability with a -2 on an awful team.  I could possibly see him sitting for 4 straight games when the Ducks had a ton of forward talent 6 years ago, but with this roster???   Give the poor guy a break and let him play! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 10:52 PM, dtsdlaw said:

Looks like Henrique has been recalled from the taxi squad to the active roster. 

(Key dramatic music!)

Apparently Z-man and some of the Young Ducks have been assign to the Taxi Squad.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Apparently Z-man and some of the Young Ducks have been assign to the Taxi Squad.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

It could just be a non-game day move to save cap space. Wait and see. I'm frankly surprised they don't move every player who is exempt from waivers to the taxi squad or the Gulls on non-game days since they're basically just paper transactions anyway..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dtsdlaw said:

It could just be a non-game day move to save cap space. Wait and see. I'm frankly surprised they don't move every player who is exempt from waivers to the taxi squad or the Gulls on non-game days since they're basically just paper transactions anyway..

That I agree....imho it is what it is.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very happy with Comtois' development. last year I had my doubt, his puckhandling was terrible last season (worse then Terry this year), but he made a real big step in the right direction, now he can score and make good passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guhle on waivers today. Bob trying to sneak him through while he’s still injured. Good move. I’m dumbfounded as to why he didn’t also do this with Rowney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Guhle is a good puck mover...hoping he clears! 

As do I But with Lindholm out with injury......Mahura will need to step up NOW.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

In 6 weeks our season is over.

No, he should be back for about 10-15 games, maybe a few more if he heals up a little early.

Unless what you mean by "our season is over" is that they will not be in playoff contention.  In which case, the season is over right about now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...