Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Lineups:

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

As do I But with Lindholm out with injury......Mahura will need to step up NOW.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I like Mahura but he was getting so over powered against the Blues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pazonator said:

I like Mahura but he was getting so over powered against the Blues 

Agreed. They need to put him with Manson (when he's healthy). Stick Mr. TOI leader Kevin Shattenkirk on a 3rd pair with Larsson or Hutton.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 9:24 AM, Pazonator said:

Guhle is a good puck mover...hoping he clears! 

Wish granted. Guhle cleared.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pazonator said:

I like Mahura but he was getting so over powered against the Blues 

We said the same thing about Vatanen and Theodore. Both have had pretty good NHL careers since then, Theo especially. I just hope they don't give up too early on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nieder said:

We said the same thing about Vatanen and Theodore. Both have had pretty good NHL careers since then, Theo especially. I just hope they don't give up too early on this one.

Being big and strong is nice for guys like Manson and Lindholm. But you also need guys like Fowler and Mahura to drive play and be able to escape danger, control gaps and win races. 
Hakanpaa has been okay, but he loses almost every 50/50 puck because he’s the worst skater I’ve seen in a long time. 

Mahura doesn’t have to be overpowering if he can improve positioning, defensive stick etc. nothing to worry about for Mahura, hes shown he’s ready. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Wish granted. Guhle cleared.

Guhle was not  going anywhere sadly People Freak out on Twitter by this.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2021 at 4:34 PM, MooseDuck said:

Guhle was not  going anywhere sadly People Freak out on Twitter by this.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

with a GM like BM at the wheel the unthinkable is possible. and you know that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious question for the board: What’s going on with Heinen and Backes being scratched over and over? I thought for sure at least one of them would draw in after the 5-1 embarrassment against the Kings, but we saw the exact same lineup for the 6-0 drubbing by the Sharks. Anyone have any theories here? Any inside info? Both guys are good defenders who also drive offense. It’s gotta be more than just the coach/GM love affair with D-Lo and Grant. Something is going on there. Are the Ducks hiding a Covid issue? Is it a cap thing? Did someone flirt with someone else’s wife? I honestly feel bad for both Backes and Heinen. It’s gotta be tough watching your team get its head kicked in due to an inferior lineup each night. We know how badly Backes wants to play and how hard he worked on his skating in the offseason too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Serious question for the board: What’s going on with Heinen and Backes being scratched over and over? I thought for sure at least one of them would draw in after the 5-1 embarrassment against the Kings, but we saw the exact same lineup for the 6-0 drubbing by the Sharks. Anyone have any theories here? Any inside info? Both guys are good defenders who also drive offense. It’s gotta be more than just the coach/GM love affair with D-Lo and Grant. Something is going on there. Are the Ducks hiding a Covid issue? Is it a cap thing? Did someone flirt with someone else’s wife? I honestly feel bad for both Backes and Heinen. It’s gotta be tough watching your team get its head kicked in due to an inferior lineup each night. We know how badly Backes wants to play and how hard he worked on his skating in the offseason too. 

Grant=Signed to a 3yr deal in the offseason. He must be played come hell or high water. Only thing I can think of.

Heinen=BM determined somehow to pull off a Heinen for Virtanen trade. Keeping him out to prevent injury. Otherwise ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Grant=Signed to a 3yr deal in the offseason. He must be played come hell or high water. Only thing I can think of.

Heinen=BM determined somehow to pull off a Heinen for Virtanen trade. Keeping him out to prevent injury. Otherwise ?????

Not saying you’re wrong on Heinen or Grant, but why then Lettieri instead of Backes while Rowney is out? Wouldn’t Backes make the most sense in Rowney’s spot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Not saying you’re wrong on Heinen or Grant, but why then Lettieri instead of Backes while Rowney is out? Wouldn’t Backes make the most sense in Rowney’s spot?

I think it's a foregone conclusion this year is over as far as the playoffs go (I don't care what BM says). Maybe they want a look at the "kids" (even though Letter is 26). I can't remember who said it last night (maybe Hazy), that Lettieri has the hardest shot on the team. Or the most lethal. Something to that effect. Maybe showcasing certain players for a possible trade. Rearrange the deckchairs if you will. At this point I've kind of checked out. I watch the games rooting for Zegras to score a goal or make a great pass. I feel bad for Gibson.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Serious question for the board: What’s going on with Heinen and Backes being scratched over and over? I thought for sure at least one of them would draw in after the 5-1 embarrassment against the Kings, but we saw the exact same lineup for the 6-0 drubbing by the Sharks. Anyone have any theories here? Any inside info? Both guys are good defenders who also drive offense. It’s gotta be more than just the coach/GM love affair with D-Lo and Grant. Something is going on there. Are the Ducks hiding a Covid issue? Is it a cap thing? Did someone flirt with someone else’s wife? I honestly feel bad for both Backes and Heinen. It’s gotta be tough watching your team get its head kicked in due to an inferior lineup each night. We know how badly Backes wants to play and how hard he worked on his skating in the offseason too. 

my only guess is physicality....

But I agree....so strange to see a terrible effort like the 5-1 loss against the Kings result in ZERO line-up changes...and yet...after a great effort/1-0 win against Vegas (or was it against Colorado? I forget...)...un-prompted line-up changes.....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dukitup said:

I think it's a foregone conclusion this year is over as far as the playoffs go (I don't care what BM says). Maybe they want a look at the "kids" (even though Letter is 26). I can't remember who said it last night (maybe Hazy), that Lettieri has the hardest shot on the team. Or the most lethal. Something to that effect. Maybe showcasing certain players for a possible trade. Rearrange the deckchairs if you will. At this point I've kind of checked out. I watch the games rooting for Zegras to score a goal or make a great pass. I feel bad for Gibson.

Right?  Lettieri has the "hardest shot", it was also mentioned how much Eakins misses Carter Rowney because he's our best penalty killer.  Lettieri and Rowney.  That's how bad this team has become under Murray.  While I'm not a fan of Eakins....this is MURRAY'S MESS!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the category of bizarre lineup questions...

I've noticed over the years that, oddly enough, there aren't a lot of Smiths or Jones' in the NHL.  Is it possible that the Duck's lone goal scored last night was the first time in NHL history that a player named Jones (Max) scored against a goaltender named Jones (Martin)?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Belarus said:

In the category of bizarre lineup questions...

I've noticed over the years that, oddly enough, there aren't a lot of Smiths or Jones' in the NHL.  Is it possible that the Duck's lone goal scored last night was the first time in NHL history that a player named Jones (Max) scored against a goaltender named Jones (Martin)?

Looked at Seth Jones, and he has never scored against Martin Jones . It might be the first time . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

There have been no other "Jones" goalies, as far as I can tell.  That leaves us with Max, Seth, David, Ryan, Blair, Caleb, and Connor as the Joneses whose careers overlapped with Martin.

  • Seth you've checked.
  • David Jones scored against the Kings in 14-15, but Quick was in net
  • Ryan Jones' career overlapped for one season at the end and he only scored two goals that last year, neither against the Kings.
  • Connor Jones had a brief career and never scored
  • Blair actually scored one of his two goals in 13-14 against the Kings...but Ben Scrivens was in net. He didn't score against the Kings in his final year.
  • That leaves Caleb Jones.  Caleb did not score against San Jose in 19-20 and doesn't have a goal this season.  But he did have one goal in 2018-2019 and guess who it was against?  San Jose.  The goalie in net?  Martin Jones.

Sorry, Caleb Jones gets the award for the first Jones-on-Jones goal in NHL history.

nice!

now do every goalie. Has someone with the same last name ever scored on other goalies with the same last name???? .... :P jk jk jk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fisix said:

First M. Jones scoring against an M. Jones?

You make it sound like Clone scored against another Clone.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

nice!

now do every goalie. Has someone with the same last name ever scored on other goalies with the same last name???? .... :P jk jk jk

This is more interesting then watching the ducks play....😥

This season should never be remembered ever again! But it just continues to get worse, can't we just skip the rest of the season? Throw in the towel or something? Just give us the #1 pick already!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Hockey Reference doesn't have disaggregated data before 79-80, so I can't tell if Pierre Plante ever scored on Jacques.

Andre Roy assisted on a goal in 2001 that was scored on Patrick Roy, but that's the closest a Roy ever got (last name only).

Chris Joseph scored against St. Louis in 1994, but Jim Hrivnak was starting for Curtis Joseph that day, which is a little crazy, since CuJo played in 71 games that season.  However, Chris did score on his namesake two years later when he scored for the Canucks against Edmonton.

Haydn Fleury has four career goals, and only five total goals have been scored by a Fleury (including one by Cale) since MAF came into the league (coincidentally the season after Theo Fleury retired).  One of Haydn's four goals...yep, scored of off Marc-Andre himself.

Last one I'm going to check near the top of the goalie wins leaderboard: our very own Ryan Miller.

  • Kevin Miller - only overlapped one year and didn't score that year
  • Drew Miller assisted on goals against his brother, but never scored one.
  • Kip Miller never scored on his cousin
  • Aaron Miller didn't do much scoring and never beat Ryan.
  • Andrew Miller has only one career goal, not off of Ryan.
  • But JT Miller scored on Ryan when Ryan played for the Canucks in 14-15.  He also scored on him the next season.
  • That's not the best, though.  The Miller fact of the day is this: On February 11, 2017, the Bruins played the Canucks.  Ryan Miller was in net for Vancouver.  Against him that day were Kevan Miller AND Colin Miller, and wouldn't you know it, BOTH scored goals.  It was a brutal day for Miller-on-Miller crime.

 

Admin, can we start a new forum for Gorb's Documentarian Threads? It would be way more interesting than the regular GDTs this season...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice work, Gorb!

The only thing I have to add is that I did see Jason Blake's first NHL game, where he scored his first NHL goal.  Assisted by who else but... Rob Blake.  I just hope the Kings don't sign a forward named Gibson.  We'll be in trouble if they do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Hockey Reference doesn't have disaggregated data before 79-80, so I can't tell if Pierre Plante ever scored on Jacques.

Andre Roy assisted on a goal in 2001 that was scored on Patrick Roy, but that's the closest a Roy ever got (last name only).

Chris Joseph scored against St. Louis in 1994, but Jim Hrivnak was starting for Curtis Joseph that day, which is a little crazy, since CuJo played in 71 games that season.  However, Chris did score on his namesake two years later when he scored for the Canucks against Edmonton.

Haydn Fleury has four career goals, and only five total goals have been scored by a Fleury (including one by Cale) since MAF came into the league (coincidentally the season after Theo Fleury retired).  One of Haydn's four goals...yep, scored of off Marc-Andre himself.

Last one I'm going to check near the top of the goalie wins leaderboard: our very own Ryan Miller.

  • Kevin Miller - only overlapped one year and didn't score that year
  • Drew Miller assisted on goals against his brother, but never scored one.
  • Kip Miller never scored on his cousin
  • Aaron Miller didn't do much scoring and never beat Ryan.
  • Andrew Miller has only one career goal, not off of Ryan.
  • But JT Miller scored on Ryan when Ryan played for the Canucks in 14-15.  He also scored on him the next season.
  • That's not the best, though.  The Miller fact of the day is this: On February 11, 2017, the Bruins played the Canucks.  Ryan Miller was in net for Vancouver.  Against him that day were Kevan Miller AND Colin Miller, and wouldn't you know it, BOTH scored goals.  It was a brutal day for Miller-on-Miller crime.

 

daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnnn!! 😮❤️ impressive!!

edit: this post is legendary. it'll go down as one of the top we'll ever remember...and the best thing we'll remember from this season... (unless Z scores a goal lol)

Edited by Jasoaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Larsson, Heinen, Hutton and Stolarz added to Covid protocols. 

oof.  that's a weird collection of people.  i'd expect it to spread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Larsson, Heinen, Hutton and Stolarz added to Covid protocols. 

Wishing these four good recovery...Even though they are Ducks Players and play sport we love...We cannot forget they are humans like us.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

 

Oh man, Bob trading for a Russian? Must be mainlining Smirnoff.

why do we want a UFC fighter on the team?

 

also - my blood freezes when someone mentions "prospect" going the other way.

Edited by Fisix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Fisix said:

why do we want a UFC fighter on the team?

 

also - my blood freezes when someone mentions "prospect" going the other way.

It’s for a conditional 7th round pick in 2023 and Antoine Morand. 

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...