Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
duck123

Lineups:

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, I think Stolarz is going to be the back up next year. Don’t think Dostal will be ready for back up duties since he hasn’t gotten any NHL games yet but should get a few starts. Heck, give him one or two this season.

Dostal? He shouldn’t be eligible for the ED. He signed his ELC after the 2019 regular season ended so he’d only have two years experience after this current one. At least, I hope they don’t count a pro season before a player is under contract.

no, i was talking about Stolarz (sorry - weird quote selection on my part).  Stolarz is eligible and can't be protected, so... given how many teams have been scrambling for decent goaltending, it's not crazy to think that Seattle might want a Stolarz as a backup to whoever they expansion-draft as primary.

didn't the Knights threaten to grab a bunch of goalies during their ED and trade them back out for draft picks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure where else to put it...so...just gonna put it here lol....have we only worn our reverse retro jerseys once so far??? I think that's the least of any team....maybe not Detroit lol....do we plan on wearing them again?

That stolarz pic of him jumping in the air to punch the puck is eerily similar to that jersey logo haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Fisix said:

no, i was talking about Stolarz (sorry - weird quote selection on my part).  Stolarz is eligible and can't be protected, so... given how many teams have been scrambling for decent goaltending, it's not crazy to think that Seattle might want a Stolarz as a backup to whoever they expansion-draft as primary.

didn't the Knights threaten to grab a bunch of goalies during their ED and trade them back out for draft picks?

The Hakanpaa-Fleury trade sure makes me think Bob already has a deal in place with Seattle. If Hutton was worth a 5th rounder, Hawk was worth at least a 4th, and if Bob didn’t already have a deal in place, it wouldn’t make sense to send Hakanpaa and a pick in the 2022 draft for a 24-year-old former 7th overall pick that we don’t have an open protected spot for. Same goes for the Volkov trade. He sent an asset (Morand) and a 7th for Volkov. Why give up assets for a player he might lose to Seattle for nothing? I think the most logical explanation is that there’s already a handshake deal in place, which in turn allowed Bob to acquire other young players he doesn’t have to worry about losing even if they are exposed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

The Hakanpaa-Fleury trade sure makes me think Bob already has a deal in place with Seattle. If Hutton was worth a 5th rounder, Hawk was worth at least a 4th, and if Bob didn’t already have a deal in place, it wouldn’t make sense to send Hakanpaa and a pick in the 2022 draft for a 24-year-old former 7th overall pick that we don’t have an open protected spot for. Same goes for the Volkov trade. He sent an asset (Morand) and a 7th for Volkov. Why give up assets for a player he might lose to Seattle for nothing? I think the most logical explanation is that there’s already a handshake deal in place, which in turn allowed Bob to acquire other young players he doesn’t have to worry about losing even if they are exposed.

the question is....does Rico know about the handshake deal?..... :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

The Hakanpaa-Fleury trade sure makes me think Bob already has a deal in place with Seattle. If Hutton was worth a 5th rounder, Hawk was worth at least a 4th, and if Bob didn’t already have a deal in place, it wouldn’t make sense to send Hakanpaa and a pick in the 2022 draft for a 24-year-old former 7th overall pick that we don’t have an open protected spot for. Same goes for the Volkov trade. He sent an asset (Morand) and a 7th for Volkov. Why give up assets for a player he might lose to Seattle for nothing? I think the most logical explanation is that there’s already a handshake deal in place, which in turn allowed Bob to acquire other young players he doesn’t have to worry about losing even if they are exposed.

The most logical deal would involve getting Henrique off the books, right? Pierre LeBrun said a couple of weeks ago that Ron Francis was telling teams it would cost a 1st and prospect for them to protect a player that Seattle would otherwise select. Good news is that the Ducks have no one needing of protection like that lol. Even if that's not the ultimate cost, it's still going to take a significant asset to unload a contract with 3 years at $5.85 mil per on it. With covid and the flat cap, I think it might cost as much for a team to shed a bad contract and the Ducks 1st round picks for the foreseeable future should be locked in vault. If they can shed Henrique's contract with a 2nd and mid round pick then that's more livable. I can see Seattle putting the screw to teams who want and need to shed

I don't know if the Fluery trade means that Murray has a deal with Seattle though. Fluery cost the Ducks a pending UFA in Hakanpaa and a 6th round pick. If that's all the Ducks lost in the expansion draft then that's a win, imo. I think that the Fluery trade could be a hedge against Seattle potentially taking Mahura and if they plan to ship out a defensemen or two this summer or by next year's trade deadline. After next season, LaCombe and Thrun will be finishing their 3rd post-draft seasons should be signed to avoid them playing their senior years and potentially go to free agency (still wish there was an update on McLaughlin). If the Ducks keep too much of a logjam on the blueline, especially on the left side, it might entice them to go to free agency if they feel it will get them into the NHL quicker.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

The most logical deal would involve getting Henrique off the books, right? Pierre LeBrun said a couple of weeks ago that Ron Francis was telling teams it would cost a 1st and prospect for them to protect a player that Seattle would otherwise select. Good news is that the Ducks have no one needing of protection like that lol. Even if that's not the ultimate cost, it's still going to take a significant asset to unload a contract with 3 years at $5.85 mil per on it. With covid and the flat cap, I think it might cost as much for a team to shed a bad contract and the Ducks 1st round picks for the foreseeable future should be locked in vault. If they can shed Henrique's contract with a 2nd and mid round pick then that's more livable. I can see Seattle putting the screw to teams who want and need to shed

I don't know if the Fluery trade means that Murray has a deal with Seattle though. Fluery cost the Ducks a pending UFA in Hakanpaa and a 6th round pick. If that's all the Ducks lost in the expansion draft then that's a win, imo. I think that the Fluery trade could be a hedge against Seattle potentially taking Mahura and if they plan to ship out a defensemen or two this summer or by next year's trade deadline. After next season, LaCombe and Thrun will be finishing their 3rd post-draft seasons should be signed to avoid them playing their senior years and potentially go to free agency (still wish there was an update on McLaughlin). If the Ducks keep too much of a logjam on the blueline, especially on the left side, it might entice them to go to free agency if they feel it will get them into the NHL quicker.

 

It would not surprise me abit.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Silf done for the season after having hip surgery. I really want to time warp to the next offseason already

god i hope it isn't related to that drug regimen Kesler noted probably contributed to HIS hip issues.

i guess now we have our answer about why Silf seemed to be lacking a bit as the season rolled on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fisix said:

god i hope it isn't related to that drug regimen Kesler noted probably contributed to HIS hip issues.

i guess now we have our answer about why Silf seemed to be lacking a bit as the season rolled on.

my first thought, too!! And it does explain a little bit...but id say still doesn't explain why it wasn't done sooner...i don't understand why keep Silfv going through this pain and playing poorly on a team that isn't going to be competitive...to just...do it now? could be 1000 reasons as to why...but i hope he's going to be ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Silf done for the season after having hip surgery. I really want to time warp to the next offseason already

Two points on this.

First, it might explain why he has looked so slow this season.

But - the NHL.com article said he had been dealing with this for 2 years?! Wowsa - was he really just trying to avoid surgery as he didn't want to risk becoming another Kesler? If it's that serious can we ever expect him to be a regular contributor again? Also, would this deter Seattle from taking him if we left him exposed for the expansion draft? I have so many questions.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nieder said:

Two points on this.

First, it might explain why he has looked so slow this season.

But - the NHL.com article said he had been dealing with this for 2 years?! Wowsa - was he really just trying to avoid surgery as he didn't want to risk becoming another Kesler? If it's that serious can we ever expect him to be a regular contributor again? Also, would this deter Seattle from taking him if we left him exposed for the expansion draft? I have so many questions.

 

Just saw that which is a bit concerning. Not sure why this wasn’t addressed sooner if it was bugging him for that long either. Sounds like it is from before they extended him also. I am not going to panic yet since everyone’s different and Kesler’s  hips had been documented as injured and battered elf rim earlier in whereas Silf’s hasn’t to my knowledge. Kesler’s injury was weird in that it was originally supposed to be routine and have be out a few months and then it became clear it was far worse than anyone thought. The Ducks are the Murphy’s Law of the NHL so...who knows lol.

I don’t think that Seattle would take him regardless unless the Ducks gave up asset and wanted to shed his contract. Plus, I don’t think that the Ducks will expose him. Murray seems to like him a lot and wants him around.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Just saw that the Athletic new power rankings have the Ducks at #31. Like Thanos, it was inevitable.

I don't really read those 'Power Ranking' things as they are pretty meaningless, but I would have thought the Devils would be at the bottom after losing 8 games in a row, all in regulation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nieder said:

Two points on this.

First, it might explain why he has looked so slow this season.

But - the NHL.com article said he had been dealing with this for 2 years?! Wowsa - was he really just trying to avoid surgery as he didn't want to risk becoming another Kesler? If it's that serious can we ever expect him to be a regular contributor again? Also, would this deter Seattle from taking him if we left him exposed for the expansion draft? I have so many questions.

1. Yeah, if the injury is bad enough for surgery, then its likely a major contributing factor to his performance this season. Anyone who questioned his heart and commitment to the game this season can have a seat. 

2. From this STUDY it sounds like FAI is more prevalent than we realize. Odds are there are a LOT of players dealing with FAI injuries or varying levels of severity that we don't ever hear about. But as far as being a regular contributor again after surgery, this STUDY sure makes it sound like he can. Here's the conclusion:

Quote

The RTS (return to sports) rate for NHL athletes after hip arthroscopy for FAI is above 90% at less than 1 year. Following surgery, if a player returns to the NHL, then their post-operative performance is similar to pre-operatively and controls, but their careers are approximately one season less than controls.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

1. Yeah, if the injury is bad enough for surgery, then its likely a major contributing factor to his performance this season. Anyone who questioned his heart and commitment to the game this season can have a seat. 

2. From this STUDY it sounds like FAI is more prevalent than we realize. Odds are there are a LOT of players dealing with FAI injuries or varying levels of severity that we don't ever hear about. But as far as being a regular contributor again after surgery, this STUDY sure makes it sound like he can. Here's the conclusion:

 

Around 1 season less - so short term it is likely he can get back to pre-injury performance, long term he might deal with complications that could shorten his career.

Makes me wonder why he tried to play through it for 2 seasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, would Vegas pick him up if he's left unprotected? And what are the rules regarding injured players for the expansion draft? If I'm Vegas, would I risk picking a player who might not return 100%? I hope he makes a full recovery but now I'm wondering if this could alter our protection list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nieder said:

Around 1 season less - so short term it is likely he can get back to pre-injury performance, long term he might deal with complications that could shorten his career.

Makes me wonder why he tried to play through it for 2 seasons.

The article made it sound like the condition worsened or was aggravated this season. Like maybe he had the underlying FAI (like many NHLers apparently do) but not the torn labrum until this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g20topdogg said:

Interesting, would Vegas pick him up if he's left unprotected? And what are the rules regarding injured players for the expansion draft? If I'm Vegas, would I risk picking a player who might not return 100%? I hope he makes a full recovery but now I'm wondering if this could alter our protection list. 

Further evidence that the Golden Knights having been living rent free in most of our heads since 2017...

 :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

Further evidence that the Golden Knights having been living rent free in most of our heads since 2017...

 :P

Oh Haha Seattle. Does this g20 guy even do that hockey?🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...