The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
gorbachav5

Eakins Calls Out Veterans...Already

21 minutes ago, nieder said:

I really like Steel but if we adding Dubois we could afford to give him up. Zegras/Dubois down the middle would be excellent.

that's how I feel, too.

Plus we have Terry! So we still have another Center in him.............. 😏

• Like 1

Saying that we don’t have scoring wingers I think is misleading. I believe we are closer than we think, we just don’t have the adequate support or drive. The likes of silfverberg, henrique, rakell, those guys ARE 50 pts (potential) they just need to wake up or see that we are better and start trying. They may be sand bagging a little knowing we are in the trenches. But what I’m saying is adding a solid player like Dubois may wake some people up, either by exciting them, challenging them, or complementing them on the ice. 

Or we just aquire Laine too and we have a first line of Dubois and Laine paired with whoever is left. It’s not impossible. We lose this year and next years 1st’s two roster players and two-three prospects, but immediately turns the team around and thins out this pool of bubble NHL guys we have. At this point we have too many imo. I would rather ship 2-3 out and bring in PROVEN talent than cross my fingers that they develop into something.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Da Blockbuster cometh.

Well, it was fun while it lasted....

Can’t help but wonder if Columbus might flip Laine. He’s a pending RFA and is going to want $10M/year, and he also doesn’t really strike me as a Torts type of player. Too early to start speculating on what we could send to Columbus for Laine? :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Da Blockbuster cometh.

It’s done. And our chances of landing either rumored player coming to Anaheim up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

33 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Can’t help but wonder if Columbus might flip Laine. He’s a pending RFA and is going to want $10M/year, and he also doesn’t really strike me as a Torts type of player. Too early to start speculating on what we could send to Columbus for Laine? :ph34r:

haha thats exactly what i was thinking..... But...I'm starting to think there is no way we can make that Laine trade work if we don't put in Zegras. Im not sure how good of a center Roslovic is...but I get the feeling he's probably at a higher value than Steel or Terry.......in regards to centers..... 😏 ..... 

but this trade makes the most sense. Fun to have been one of 3 on this! hopefully the reason we didn't get it is 'cause Bob didn't want to budge on Zegras

2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Haha. Don't do put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

What do we have that's the equivalent to a 22 year-old 1C? That is a hefty price which makes me cringe and wonder as what the Ducks were offering. Also, would Murray give him 10M? He usually reserves giving out nice contracts to older players lol

It's pretty cool that the only Finnish GM in league history traded for Laine.

1 hour ago, ike-1 said:

Saying that we don’t have scoring wingers I think is misleading. I believe we are closer than we think, we just don’t have the adequate support or drive. The likes of silfverberg, henrique, rakell, those guys ARE 50 pts (potential) they just need to wake up or see that we are better and start trying. They may be sand bagging a little knowing we are in the trenches. But what I’m saying is adding a solid player like Dubois may wake some people up, either by exciting them, challenging them, or complementing them on the ice. 

Or we just aquire Laine too and we have a first line of Dubois and Laine paired with whoever is left. It’s not impossible. We lose this year and next years 1st’s two roster players and two-three prospects, but immediately turns the team around and thins out this pool of bubble NHL guys we have. At this point we have too many imo. I would rather ship 2-3 out and bring in PROVEN talent than cross my fingers that they develop into something.

That sounds like a lesser version of the McDavid/Draisaitl situation in Edmonton lol.

32 minutes ago, ike-1 said:

It’s done. And our chances of landing either rumored player coming to Anaheim up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

What Both CBJ and Jets 2.0 were asking was overprice....Let's not kid ourselves....in era we live in...Overpaid in a deal sadly is the norm.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fisix said:

$$$  expensive trade.

Winnipeg overpaid big time . Laine is worth 2 Dubois in my opinion. Jarmo would have been hung if he threw in a higher draft pick . Glad we didn’t lose Zegras , it was fun speculation though:

• Like 2

I feel like the whole "aggressively pursuing" angle might have been a bit exaggerated. We all know the only thing Bob Murray aggressively pursues mid-season is a Chris Wagner clone he can pick up for a 5th round pick. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DuxFan73 said:

too bad we can't trade for a better coach....

Gallant would be a gallant attempt to regain my faith in GMHCBM . Dineen will be the next coach, madden will be the next GM . Sad days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I feel like the whole "aggressively pursuing" angle might have been a bit exaggerated. We all know the only thing Bob Murray aggressively pursues mid-season is a Chris Wagner clone he can pick up for a 5th round pick. 

Although it seems like a total Bob move to just inquire and say NO before they respond, he was probably all in. No way you beat the package Winnipeg gave up (A LOT) though. If he could have made it happen with Steel and other pieces excluding Zegras only, I imagine he would have . 

Edited by yeaitsme

21 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

Although it seems like a total Bob move to just inquire and say NO before they respond, he was probably all in. No way you beat the package Winnipeg gave up (A LOT) though. If he could have made it happen with Steel and other pieces excluding Zegras only, I imagine he would have . 

I think the offer was probably something like Rakell + Steel + 1st, which was enough to put us in the final 3 with the Jets and Habs. Then the Jets sweetened with Roslovic and the Ducks outplayed Colorado last night, which made Jarmo concerned that the 1st might not be a lottery pick if we got Dubois this early in the season.

40 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I think the offer was probably something like Rakell + Steel + 1st, which was enough to put us in the final 3 with the Jets and Habs. Then the Jets sweetened with Roslovic and the Ducks outplayed Colorado last night, which made Jarmo concerned that the 1st might not be a lottery pick if we got Dubois this early in the season.

There is no way that he saw that game and decided we weren’t destined for lottery territory even with Dubois . We can’t play a game like last night every time. We are going to flush out on Sunday I guarantee it. I’m glad we didn’t give up what Winnipeg did, but if it didn’t involve Zegras , I make that move 100%.

7 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Glad we didn’t lose Zegras

1000000%%%%% 

7 hours ago, DuxFan73 said:

too bad we can't trade for a better coach....

1111100000000%%%%!!!!

5 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Gallant would be a gallant attempt to regain my faith in GMHCBM

11111111100000000000555%%%%%!!!!! and also lol

4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

which made Jarmo concerned that the 1st might not be a lottery pick if we got Dubois this early in the season.

If Jarmo thought we wouldnt be a lottery team....then.....i've got some magic beans to sell him lol 

3 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

I’m glad we didn’t give up what Winnipeg did, but if it didn’t involve Zegras , I make that move 100%

me too. I think if Zegras was involved, we get the trade over Winnipeg. I imagine it's probably like Rakell+Zegras if Z is involved. Unless theyd also want Steel...in which case...come on, that's ridiculous lol....also possibly just Zegras for Dubois.

• Haha 1

I’m kind of surprised the Ducks were even in it with Columbus getting Laine and a young center back. If I’m Columbus I’d much rather have what they got back if I knew I could re-sign Laine, instead of getting a number of lower quality pieces and a 1st from the Ducks.

Edited by Spencer_12

14 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

I’m kind of surprised the Ducks were even in it with Columbus getting Laine and a young center back. If I’m Columbus I’d much rather have what they got back if I knew I could re-sign Laine, instead of getting a number of lower quality pieces and a 1st from the Ducks.

I’m a bit surprised also. Laine alone is better than anything the Ducks could have realistically offered, IMO, unless they made Zegras part of the deal. Maybe the Ducks offer was used as a baseline by Columbus to squeeze a little more value. They also got Roslovic to help their center depth and he’s a former 1st round pick and I think has a similar value to Steel. I think Columbus came out a bit ahead but it’s nice trade for both teams given the circumstances.

Laine will still be an RFA after this season but Columbus needs to extend Jones and Werenski with the next two years with Jones being able to walk as a UFA after next season. That said, onto the 2021 draft!....which maybe pushed back from its original July 23 date 😡 since teams want more time to scout prospects.

Personally I am very Glad he Called out the Ducks Veterans....ITS Important they lead to ensure the Next Generation understand what is vital to Ducks Hockey and ensuring Legacy of Success and Peservance.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1