The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

orange alliance

so, i finally got around to looking at the season ticket options.  we'd already paid most of the fee for this year, and the offer by the Ducks is to roll over your payments to next year and get a 5% ducks dollars bonus, or get a refund except for your first payment for 21-22.

the thing that has my panties in a bunch is that they are listing a $25 "processing fee" if you roll over the payments (i haven't looked at what gets charged for getting the refund).  considering that we were charged the same $25 back in July for the 20-21 season, i'm unhappy.  in my mind, that's $50 out of pocket for reduced number of tickets/games last season, and zero this season.  i'd rather they get that $25 back from Ticketmaster, if that's the issue.

am i just being a curmudgeon?  i just don't like the idea of paying someone $25 to hold onto my money for what's going to be 18+months.

No, you're not being unreasonable. It sucks. We're giving them an interest free loan for 18 months and being charged a fee for it. It's about as backward as it gets.

I didn't pay a dime for last season. I don't know how you paid for your season seats. If you were on any payment plan, the Ducks sent out an email offering an option to opt out of auto payments. Instead they offered a "pay as they play" option which meant they would begin to charge your account 30 days prior to the season start. Since fans won't be allowed in the arena this season, there's no start date (as far as paying for attending a game). As a result, my credit for the St. Louis game and the cancelled games rolled over to the 21/22 season, but I'm not eligible for the 5% Ducks Dollars bonus.

• Like 1

i've been told that the $25 on the invoice is what was charged in July, but rolled over?

it's certainly not what it looks like, and because they no longer show your prior invoices, now i have to go back and look at credit card charges to convince myself that the $25 wasn't charged previously.

i really don't like the new payment portal.  the old one had everything laid out for the season and you could audit everything.  now, it's cartoonishly non-informative, and you have to rely on their accounting or manage it yourself through your credit card statements (or, at least i feel that way).  gah.

i'll post back once i'm confident about the invoices.

15 hours ago, dukitup said:

As a result, my credit for the St. Louis game and the cancelled games rolled over to the 21/22 season, but I'm not eligible for the 5% Ducks Dollars bonus.

How did you get credit for the St Louis game, which was played prior to the shutdown.

9 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

How did you get credit for the St Louis game, which was played prior to the shutdown.

Couldn't make the rescheduled date.