The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
Fisix

board seems to be slow lately

just noticing that lately, posting and even thread perusal (clicking through posts/pages in a thread) is really slow.  sort of since the season started.

the site isn't unusable, but it's a markedly different experience than prior seasons, at least so far.

i could see the league reducing the cost of hosting the forums this season, to save money, but i worry a bit that the slow down will turn into unusable when the season heats up.

anyway, just wondering if someone else is seeing the same thing, or if this might be an issue on my end.  i haven't had issues with other sites/network connectivity that coincides with poor response times here on our boards, so it definitely doesn't seem like an issue on my end.

I haven't noticed a slowdown on the site as of yet, but I've got really fast Cable Internet.

Or it could be that they are just clearing out the cobwebs from such a long time off.

Let me know if it continues for you in the future.

Thanks

it's definitely sped up since Friday.  as you suggest, i think it was either cobwebs, dealing with the first couple of games (i think Friday was a big night?), and/or other temporary instability.

it's all good now, and it seemed good during the past couple of games.

:)