The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
saskduckfan

Time To Blow Things Up

After this debacle tonight it's time to shake things up. GMBM needs to go. Eakins needs to go (another terrible coaching hire). And the players. Do the Ducks even have any that want to play. I'd trade Rakell in a heartbeat while he has any value left. We keep waiting for this bounce back year but it's never going to come. Henrique has looked awful. Silfverberg has looked lost. And the PP. Yikes. I thought they worked on this with their extra camp. Must have just worked on how to get worse. And every 4th line guy can go. All useless. No need for any of them. Shattenkirk was a wasted signing.

Rakell, Henrique, Silf, Deslauries, Grant, Rowney, Backes, Shattenkirk, even Fowler can all be traded. Keep the young guys and bring up more. I'd rather watch the Ducks lose with promising prospects then the vets that have looked awful all year.

Sadly there are guys like Mete and even Sam Bennett looking for opportunities elsewhere. I'd rather see Bennett over Henrique and more so Grant at this stage.

BRING UP ZEGRAS!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'd happily volunteer as tribute!

I can skate ok, can't really stop or shoot...or do face-offs...but can pass...and I'll try hard! I've got some good leadership skills....don't really understand systems or line changes, but like...doesn't seem like the current players do either, so, even playing field in that department...and I'll happily play for the league minimum!! $750K ....HAPPILY play for that price

Also, I don't want any bonuses or signing bonuses!

• Like 3

If we traded away our 4th line we’d trade away all our scoring. More to the point, you don’t get anything when you ‘trade’ your 4th line, so that doesn’t make sense.

it’s the long term vets that need to be shaken up. They’re the ones we expect to show up every game, and they haven’t, and it’s been 3+ seasons of not showing up reliably. 

6 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

After this debacle tonight it's time to shake things up. GMBM needs to go. Eakins needs to go (another terrible coaching hire). And the players. Do the Ducks even have any that want to play. I'd trade Rakell in a heartbeat while he has any value left. We keep waiting for this bounce back year but it's never going to come. Henrique has looked awful. Silfverberg has looked lost. And the PP. Yikes. I thought they worked on this with their extra camp. Must have just worked on how to get worse. And every 4th line guy can go. All useless. No need for any of them. Shattenkirk was a wasted signing.

Rakell, Henrique, Silf, Deslauries, Grant, Rowney, Backes, Shattenkirk, even Fowler can all be traded. Keep the young guys and bring up more. I'd rather watch the Ducks lose with promising prospects then the vets that have looked awful all year.

Sadly there are guys like Mete and even Sam Bennett looking for opportunities elsewhere. I'd rather see Bennett over Henrique and more so Grant at this stage.

BRING UP ZEGRAS!!!

Just stop. We all knew this season would be rough. No one will take on the contracts, we’re stuck with what we have . Murray is losing it though.

Our power play has been terrible because the Ducks keep trying the same old. Park someone on front of the net to screen the goalie and shoot from the blueline. Guys are too good at blocking shots for that to work anymore. The Ducks were 0 for 2 last night and didnt even have a shot on goal on the power play.

Clearly as Much as we can Blame,Players,Mangement and Coach We must understand...This is part of the Rebuilding and Rejuvenation process our Ducks are going through..It's Tough and we know like Seasons/Years Prior it tested our Patience. However lacking Of Scoring needs to be address and Bob Murray needs to be Replace asap.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

It is part of the process but for years the Ducks biggest issue is scoring and how do they address it, by constantly drafting defense. Not going to solve any offensive problems that way.  Hate people saying that a bad season and we can draft Power. Another defenseman 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, saskduckfan said:

It is part of the process but for years the Ducks biggest issue is scoring and how do they address it, by constantly drafting defense. Not going to solve any offensive problems that way.  Hate people saying that a bad season and we can draft Power. Another defenseman 

The Ducks biggest issue has been scoring arguably for about 6 drafts (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)....in those drafts....

11 D, 4 G, 25 F

3 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

Our power play has been terrible because the Ducks keep trying the same old. Park someone on front of the net to screen the goalie and shoot from the blueline.

....are they?? i don't see anyone parked in front haha they aren't even doing that....

It was supposed to be Getz role from what I kept hearing to be parked in front...seems like the worst idea to have your teams best passer looking to pick up garbage goals or screen the goalie...........

Edited by Jasoaks

A rebuild has structure, clear vision, and goals... This is a mess...

Eakins either has lost the room, has implemented a strategy too complicated for them to execute or there is deeper problem. They are all of blame. GM, Coaches and players. Watching the spectacle of a disaster, this is embarrassing. They say it's hard to play in empty arenas now.....Keep playing like this and they may not like the future.

I just hope there is a way to salvage this season but it's not looking good. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DuxFan73 said:

A rebuild has structure, clear vision, and goals... This is a mess...

Eakins either has lost the room, has implemented a strategy too complicated for them to execute or there is deeper problem. They are all of blame. GM, Coaches and players. Watching the spectacle of a disaster, this is embarrassing. They say it's hard to play in empty arenas now.....Keep playing like this and they may not like the future.

I just hope there is a way to salvage this season but it's not looking good. 

Honestly, I think you have to start with the assistant coaches...I think the Samuelis want BM to navigate through the ED...so I think it's extremely unlikely he goes before that. Like, even if we lose every game this season unlikely. And I don't blame them. Better to have a GM who has gone through that before to do it again. The devil you know...and so forth...

You can't trade all the players. Or even all the ones playing poorly. And yes I do think many teams would be salivating to get some of our vets...you can trade some! And I'm SURE Bob was trying to with a player like Dubois available. But it's tough to match Laine (and retaining SOME salary?!!?) without giving up Z. Also, to just trade away a player 'cause they are not putting forth an effort or not performing for something poor just to make a point? Bad asset management.

Even Eakins, as much as I want to see him go, can't really go unless there's a replacement ready. I don't think we want BM coach again lol I don't think we can just go straight to Dineen tomorrow...from what it sounds like...keep him and Zegras/Drysdale and company together. They seem to be doing well and probably developing them really well with that coach. I don't want to deprive Z and all them from GOOD development.

So, that leaves the assistant coaches. frak them. Get them out ASAP!

I completely agree with you, guys, that BM have to go, However, I afraid nothing is going to happen. Keep in mind, that Anaheim is a small market, budget team. Samueli's never watch or attend games, except occasional ceremonial puck drops. Now, let's say someone reports to them about true condition of this team. If they fire BM, they'll need to spend a few million dollars to hire another GM. Then they'll need to spend another few million $ to hire a new coach. The Ducks organization already losing millions of dollars due to short season and no ticket sales. Why would the ownership spend more money if the season is lost anyways?

As much as I don't like BM, who gradually turned a Stanley Cup contender into NHL doormat, I afraid he'll stay till 2022, when his contract will expire.

Edited by FanSince1993
  • Like 2

Seeing on Twitter that Rico will be a scratch tonight. If true, could be a sign of changes coming very soon.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Seeing on Twitter that Rico will be a scratch tonight. If true, could be a sign of changes coming very soon.

ddddaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnn!!! you think its a sign of a trade? or a sign of like...Eakins aint playing around with ANY player not showing the required effort?

Sam bennet???

2 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

I completely agree with you, guys, that BM have to go, However, I afraid nothing is going to happen. Keep in mind, that Anaheim is a small market, budget team. Samueli's never watch or attend games, except occasional ceremonial puck drops. Now, let's say someone reports to them about true condition of this team. If they fire BM, they'll need to spend a few million dollars to hire another GM. Then they'll need to spend another few million $ to hire a new coach. The Ducks organization already losing millions of dollars due to short season and no ticket sales. Why would the ownership spend more money if the season is lost anyways?

As much as I don't like BM, who gradually turned a Stanley Cup contender into NHL doormat, I afraid he'll stay till 2022, when his contract will expire.

Damn, I never knew the Samuelis never watch or attend games. I don't know why but that bothers me. No wonder GMBM has been able to last this long. Sad days indeed. 😥

6 minutes ago, DuckRogers13 said:

Damn, I never knew the Samuelis never watch or attend games. I don't know why but that bothers me. No wonder GMBM has been able to last this long. Sad days indeed. 😥

that SHOULD bother you....i also don't know how true that is. Like, I couldn't tell if FanSince93 is speaking out of actual knowledge of this OR in like a way of "how could they?! there's no way they watch the team/care looking at how they run things. They must not watch at all otherwise how could you watch them and not make a change!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DuckRogers13 said:

I don't think this is true unless something has changed in recent years. I believe they used to attend every game as there were people on these forums that used to sit near them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

BM needs to GO NOW!!!!!  Trible trades bad sinning just like he did in Chicago.  Shattenkirk per Haizy spouse to quarterback the powerplay 0 for 23 Go get Jim Rutherford and see magic happen. The players do not believe in the coach or system trade Ricki, silvie, and see them succeed. The kings are next in line to play us they look hungry this GM is a JOKE!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nieder said:

I don't think this is true unless something has changed in recent years. I believe they used to attend every game as there were people on these forums that used to sit near them.

yeah, they seem like very hands-off owners which has it's ups and downs. I'm sure BM loves it haha 

3 hours ago, nieder said:

you are correct.  they attend most of the games, and when it's not them, it's their close family.  i think i've seen their box empty just once...

i'm thinking back to the last live games we had, and they were there lets say 8-9 times out of 10 times i was there, and i was there at about 90%.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

BRING UP ZEGRAS!!!

AGREE!!!

• Like 1

The Ducks have scored an abysmal 5 goals in their last 4 games and their season high is 3 goals. Not going to win many that way. GMBM wants the team to be faster, yet he hays a guy with speed and offensive talent that he resigned to two years at 3.4 mil sitting in the pressbox every game named Sonny Milano, yet Carter Rowney who does nothing for this team is playing every game. The two games Milano played he brought speed and energy. At this point who cares if he isnt fully liable in the defensive end. Nobody seems to be. At least he is someone that may score. Or he'll also drink the magic potion in the water bottles that makes nobody score on this team. It truly is a joke how bad they are.

GMBM biggest problem is he never sees the decline in his players and never knows when to get best value for them. I was calling for Perry to be dealt after the WCF loss to Nashville. Still a productive regular season but nothing in the playoffs. Ducks bring him back and he does nothing for a few seasons and gets bought out. I'm seeing the same with Rakell these days. Once 30 goal scorer never reaching those levels again. Still has some value on a great contract but GMBM is reluctant to make a move. Will get nothing in the end. At least at this rate when that contract ends he would have done nothing to deserve a raise and should get a pay decrease, though Bob will give him 7mil a tear and a full no movement clause.

• Like 1

My biggest complaints for years about Bob has been how incredibly slow he is to react. I’ve always thought for many more years that he is a better assistant GM than as a top GM. Yes we have a small market team with not as much money to spend but that does not mean you sit on your hands most trading periods or just go dumpster diving for cheap reclamation projects every single year. His team vision is sub par and he can’t even decide which direction to build the team either. Time to get a new GM it’s long overdue. 

Edited by RobD360
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

The Ducks have scored an abysmal 5 goals in their last 4 games and their season high is 3 goals. Not going to win many that way. GMBM wants the team to be faster, yet he hays a guy with speed and offensive talent that he resigned to two years at 3.4 mil sitting in the pressbox every game named Sonny Milano, yet Carter Rowney who does nothing for this team is playing every game. The two games Milano played he brought speed and energy. At this point who cares if he isnt fully liable in the defensive end. Nobody seems to be. At least he is someone that may score. Or he'll also drink the magic potion in the water bottles that makes nobody score on this team. It truly is a joke how bad they are.

GMBM biggest problem is he never sees the decline in his players and never knows when to get best value for them. I was calling for Perry to be dealt after the WCF loss to Nashville. Still a productive regular season but nothing in the playoffs. Ducks bring him back and he does nothing for a few seasons and gets bought out. I'm seeing the same with Rakell these days. Once 30 goal scorer never reaching those levels again. Still has some value on a great contract but GMBM is reluctant to make a move. Will get nothing in the end. At least at this rate when that contract ends he would have done nothing to deserve a raise and should get a pay decrease, though Bob will give him 7mil a tear and a full no movement clause.

He's injured. On LTIR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The biggest problem with the team is that nobody likes to shoot or is a natural goal scorer. Every practice should focus on getting the puck to the net with only one or two passes. They try to make a pass or great assist and it gets turned over. I don't understand why because the team leaders all have good shots.

Tevor Zegras had 9 primary assists in 2020. Very good but not what we need.

Trevor Zebras had 7 goals and 11 assists in 2021. This is what we need. 

I was hoping there was some way we could have traded for Mike Hoffman before the year started. We need anyone who can find the back of the net.

9 hours ago, saskduckfan said:

I think we should be looking to move Rakell. His season of 69 points in 77 games appears to be an aberration. He's just not going to be a regular 30-40 goal scoring winger in this league. He still has a lot of value as a complimentary piece, still young and on a cheap contract. He should bring back good value in a trade. The biggest issue right now though is the expansion draft. A lot of teams are not wanting to add another contract past this season, as they would need to give up assets and then use an expansion draft spot on him. The time to sell these guys may be in the offseason after the ED.

7 minutes ago, nieder said:

I think we should be looking to move Rakell. His season of 69 points in 77 games appears to be an aberration. He's just not going to be a regular 30-40 goal scoring winger in this league. He still has a lot of value as a complimentary piece, still young and on a cheap contract. He should bring back good value in a trade. The biggest issue right now though is the expansion draft. A lot of teams are not wanting to add another contract past this season, as they would need to give up assets and then use an expansion draft spot on him. The time to sell these guys may be in the offseason after the ED.

No way I move Rakell right now. If the plan is to eventually move on from him and not re-sign him, you still HAVE to wait until next year's trade deadline. His value is going to be extremely high next season at the TDL and we could end up with a huge haul, but it's rock bottom right now with the Ducks in big time cap trouble and sucking hard. You also have to expect that Rakell will likely have much better play next year in a contract year, as many guys blow up during their contract years and inflate their value. So if there's ever a time and player to be a little more patient with, I think it's Rakell this season. 

Rakell is also one of the only guys generating legit scoring chances. He doesn't have the goal stats yet, but that's only because his shooting percentage is abnormally low (currently 2.9%, career is 11.6%). There's no way it stays that low for the whole season. He's got 34 SOGs though, which is 14 more than the next highest Duck (Heinan at 20) and almost double what Terry (9) and Steel (9) have combined for. 

Move Rico is that situation with him stays bad, but don't touch Rakell until you can actually get real value for him = my two cents.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

No way I move Rakell right now. If the plan is to eventually move on from him and not re-sign him, you still HAVE to wait until next year's trade deadline. His value is going to be extremely high next season at the TDL and we could end up with a huge haul, but it's rock bottom right now with the Ducks in big time cap trouble and sucking hard. You also have to expect that Rakell will likely have much better play next year in a contract year, as many guys blow up during their contract years and inflate their value. So if there's ever a time and player to be a little more patient with, I think it's Rakell this season. 

Rakell is also one of the only guys generating legit scoring chances. He doesn't have the goal stats yet, but that's only because his shooting percentage is abnormally low (currently 2.9%, career is 11.6%). There's no way it stays that low for the whole season. He's got 34 SOGs though, which is 14 more than the next highest Duck (Heinan at 20) and almost double what Terry (9) and Steel (9) have combined for. 

Move Rico is that situation with him stays bad, but don't touch Rakell until you can actually get real value for him = my two cents.

I'm with you on Rakell...honestly, out of the players who have not really produced yet...he has bothered me the least. He's trying, putting forth the effort for the whole 200 feet...just can't finish...

Also, I'm not too down on Steel as he is really taking a step forward...he just needs more than one player who is looking to score (Comtois) on his line. He needs a better winger than Terry.

...and Terry should be centering his own line blah blah blah...etc...etc... lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

To me, Rakell has lost most of his scoring touch. While his current shooting percentage is 2.9%, he was also well below his career average the last 2 years. I just don't believe he is going to score 33 goals again. His shooting percentages for the last 3 seasons:

2018-2019: 9.3%

2019-2020: 8.1%

2020-2021: 2.9%

Even if he were up at his percentages for the last 2 seasons, he would have 3X a many goals. 3 x 1 goal = 3 goals in 10 games. Over a full season still only 25 goals. Rakell just is not the 30 goal scorer we expected him to be.