Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
saskduckfan

Time To Blow Things Up

Recommended Posts

On 2/16/2021 at 9:15 AM, MooseDuck said:

I beleive they are more like waiting and being annoyed their patience is being tested.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Aren’t you tired of losing? I know I am. Horrible coach. incompetent GM. NO system in place when will someone wake up and do something about it? So frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joker8 said:

Aren’t you tired of losing? I know I am. Horrible coach. incompetent GM. NO system in place when will someone wake up and do something about it? So frustrating.

OF COURSE I AM TIRED OF LOSING...I HATE IT. I also Hate Incosntinency of our Team. like I said before Ducks Need to start scoring Goals and be Consistent on one of my YT Vlogs.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Henrique was put on waivers lol. That’s one way to blow things up. At least the Ducks are being interesting off ice.

The team’s leading scorer last season and someone who’s been the consummate professional his entire career. Something is really wrong internally with this franchise if Rico is on waivers.

Fire Murray!
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dtsdlaw said:

The team’s leading scorer last season and someone who’s been the consummate professional his entire career. Something is really wrong internally with this franchise if Rico is on waivers.

Fire Murray!
 

And it's not like he hasn't committed enough fireable offenses already! I really have no idea what this organization is doing or what their plan is.

I thought that the Ducks would eventually regret Henrique's extension but did not expect it to be this season after he led the team in scoring last year. Obviously much more to him getting healthy scratched and ending his games played streak earlier. Gives a bit more credence to the theory of a rift because he wouldn't waive Columbus from his no-trade list when the Ducks were trying to get Dubois.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

The team’s leading scorer last season and someone who’s been the consummate professional his entire career. Something is really wrong internally with this franchise if Rico is on waivers.

Fire Murray!
 

While I agree with Fire Murray!

Henrique has been absolutely dreadful this season. Like, not even NHL calibre dreadful. So I understand trying to offload him. He's not part of the future of the team. I assume Murray has tried to trade him with no success, and it looks like there are only 4 other teams that even have the cap space to add him to their roster so it's unlikely he gets picked up anyway. 

I mean, the title of this thread is 'blow things up'. I wonder if management or ownership have finally had enough and we start to see a lot of vets get shipped out between now and next season. 

Edited by nieder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something has been off with Rico since the start of the season...this isn't the same guy from last season. If it's coaching staff related...frak this move. I'd rather have Rico than Eakins or any of the coaching staff.

I'm sure Murray tried to trade him and no one took him. Him being scratched or waived doesn't really affect much on the ice....i mean, we might look better?

But SOMETHING is going on with Rico. To me, this is strange. Unlikely he gets picked up...but he might!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nieder said:

While I agree with Fire Murray!

Henrique has been absolutely dreadful this season. Like, not even NHL calibre dreadful. So I understand trying to offload him. He's not part of the future of the team. I assume Murray has tried to trade him with no success, and it looks like there are only 4 other teams that even have the cap space to add him to their roster so it's unlikely he gets picked up anyway. 

I mean, the title of this thread is 'blow things up'. I wonder if management or ownership have finally had enough and we start to see a lot of vets get shipped out between now and next season. 

True, but the question in my mind is “why?” Rico had 26G in a shortened season last time they were all on the ice together. How do you get from there to here? With a player who has no history of being a bad pro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nieder said:

While I agree with Fire Murray!

Henrique has been absolutely dreadful this season. Like, not even NHL calibre dreadful. So I understand trying to offload him. He's not part of the future of the team. I assume Murray has tried to trade him with no success, and it looks like there are only 4 other teams that even have the cap space to add him to their roster so it's unlikely he gets picked up anyway. 

I mean, the title of this thread is 'blow things up'. I wonder if management or ownership have finally had enough and we start to see a lot of vets get shipped out between now and next season. 

I won’t be mad if ownership gives the greenlight for that but I’d hope that if we are actually going to blow it up that we’d get assets in return. Especially for a guy who put up almost 30 goals last year. If the Ducks want to move Henrique, they’ll likely have to retain salary or take a bad contract in return now.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you see, Bob, what happens when you give huge unreasonable contracts to aging players? You stack with him until the contract will expire.

Same applies to Fowler, Silfverberg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I won’t be mad if ownership gives the greenlight for that but I’d hope that if we are actually going to blow it up that we’d get assets in return. Especially for a guy who put up almost 30 goals last year. If the Ducks want to move Henrique, they’ll likely have to retain salary or take a bad contract in return.

Yep exactly...this is why GMs are more likely to pass and then try to trade for him later. Same with DeAngelo...no one wanted to take him...but would be more willing to take him off the rangers hands if they threw in a pick or could get rid of something they need to get rid of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been unhappy with Rico’s play as well, advanced numbers actually say he’s been more unlucky then bad, which I’m not sure about, but losing a 30 goal scorer for nothing a few months before you’re losing a player for nothing in the expansion draft is peak Murray asset management. Samueli’s need to step in. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’ve been unhappy with Rico’s play as well, advanced numbers actually say he’s been more unlucky then bad, which I’m not sure about, but losing a 30 goal scorer for nothing a few months before you’re losing a player for nothing in the expansion draft is peak Murray asset management. Samueli’s need to step in. 

It’s makes sense (to BM) 🧐 Rico has played really bad though .. 22 shots In 16 games ? -8 overall? The only plus side is his face off percentage. I’d definitely Wish we could gain as one picks or a prospect for him , but his demotion is well warranted.

He  played for Eakins last season and still put points up on the board, but this year is a big question mark. Wonder if he’s hurt for getting benched ? Regardless he’s playing NOTICEABLY bad on a team full of people playing really sketchy hockey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’ve been unhappy with Rico’s play as well, advanced numbers actually say he’s been more unlucky then bad, which I’m not sure about, but losing a 30 goal scorer for nothing a few months before you’re losing a player for nothing in the expansion draft is peak Murray asset management. Samueli’s need to step in. 

The Ducks are on the verge to having literally no assets to show for moving Karlsson, Theodore, Palmieri, Pettersson or Vatanen lol. Extending Henrique when the Cup window was closed and they could have moved him to help move along the rebuild looks as bad as possible now. Fingers crossed for Silfverberg lol

The Samuelis/Murray are long overdue for explaining what the plan is with this team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

The Ducks are on the verge to having literally no assets to show for moving Karlsson, Theodore, Palmieri, Pettersson or Vatanen lol. Extending Henrique when the Cup window was closed and they could have moved him to help move along the rebuild looks as bad as possible now. Fingers crossed for Silfverberg lol

The Samuelis/Murray are long overdue for explaining what the plan is with this team. 

They’ve already did that a couple seasons ago. I like the Samuelis , but a statement from them to me is pretty much a wash. Fix the problems . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

They’ve already did that a couple seasons ago. I like the Samuelis , but a statement from them to me is pretty much a wash. Fix the problems . 

Not sure what they said a couple seasons ago but back then they can at least sell the idea that the Ducks could be a playoff team. That's not the case anymore. I want Murray gone (that's the easiest problem to fix) but ownership doesn't to we are stuck until that happens. If the team can not come out and address the problems or provide a plan to fix them it then I'm not going to have much faith that they can.  The other problems for the Ducks will take time to solve which is adding a couple more high end pieces and then developing them along with the group in SD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I disagree with this Move......Ducks should at least Trade Rico IF things were not going well..But 17 games in 6-8-3 15pts. Something had to give and much to my disappointment I would rather see him Herique Traded then be on Waivers. However it does Nothing for me seeking Bob Murray's removal from the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I’ve been unhappy with Rico’s play as well, advanced numbers actually say he’s been more unlucky then bad, which I’m not sure about, but losing a 30 goal scorer for nothing a few months before you’re losing a player for nothing in the expansion draft is peak Murray asset management. Samueli’s need to step in. 

Watch Rico now get claimed by the Kings and then rebound into the player he was last season....

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Watch Rico now get claimed by the Kings and then rebound into the player he was last season....

Good GAWD...I would hate to see that.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly, no words on this move whatsoever on the official page or in the app. Is it normal for waiver-put-ons to not be mentioned? Or there must really be a strong divide between the team and the player...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Watch Rico now get claimed by the Kings and then rebound into the player he was last season....

hmmm might have already heard the news if he was?? since the Kings are so low in the standings? I'm just not sure how that works. Do teams have to formally pass or do they have till a certain time till the next team can grab him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

hmmm might have already heard the news if he was?? since the Kings are so low in the standings? I'm just not sure how that works. Do teams have to formally pass or do they have till a certain time till the next team can grab him?

Kings have a .500 point percentage. There are currently about 8 teams lower than them. And I think they have until noon tomorrow to submit a claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

Kings have a .500 point percentage. There are currently about 8 teams lower than them. And I think they have until noon tomorrow to submit a claim.

ohhh so ANY team can grab him by then?? i thought there was an order....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

ohhh so ANY team can grab him by then?? i thought there was an order....

Anyone interested could submit a claim during the 24-hour window. Then tomorrow at noon they would award him to the team that is lowest in the standings who submitted a claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Anyone interested could submit a claim during the 24-hour window. Then tomorrow at noon they would award him to the team that is lowest in the standings who submitted a claim.

GOT IT!...that makes a lot more sense haha thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing illustrates the lack of talented, skillful forwards on this team better than looking at them trying to enter the zone on the PP. Terrible. Just terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Obviously much more to him getting healthy scratched and ending his games played streak earlier. Gives a bit more credence to the theory of a rift because he wouldn't waive Columbus from his no-trade list when the Ducks were trying to get Dubois.

I'm beginning to lean this way too.  

Man, i remember the effort Kesler put into playing, game after game in pain, regardless of coach, and doing a more than decent job until his hip just completely failed, and then i look at how easy it seems to be for our current core players to slip into some kind of mental disability while otherwise healthy and getting paid well... 

I swear, someday we're going to learn that Shattenkirk or one of the other new players did some nasty thing to Hank or a good friend of Hank's a decade ago, or something similar, and that's what's poisoned the room.  The team chemistry has gone to Dehydrated Donkey Dung, and it looks like Hank has noped the frak out.  Certainly, that's how he's being treated, and that's what his game stats say.  Zero trust on both sides.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

is there a statement from Murray?

I hope he tried to trade him. if not, I lost my confidence in him and I think he should go.

I imagine he tried, but we don't want to lose a prospect or high pick just to move Henrique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

I imagine he tried, but we don't want to lose a prospect or high pick just to move Henrique.

retain salary...

I hope he tried it, but why not a statement?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...