The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fowl

Jamie Drysdale

Jamie Drysdale scored his first pro goal today in San Diego, versus the Bakersfield Condors.  First period, giving the Gulls a 2-1 lead.

FYI, AHL TV is free this weekend.  I'm streaming it via a Amazon FireStick.  I have the AHL TV season package with my Gulls tiks.

Edited by Fowl

19 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Jamie Drysdale scored his first pro goal today in San Diego, versus the Bakersfield Condors.  First period, giving the Gulls a 2-1 lead.

FYI, AHL TV is free this weekend.  I'm streaming it via a Amazon FireStick.  I have the AHL TV season package with my Gulls tiks.

Very Please he got his goal...Hopefully it is start of his path to our Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Drysdale: 5GP 2-3=5 

Zegras: 5GP 2-5=7

Dostal 4GP 1.75 GAA .956 SV% He’s made at least 40 saves in 3 out of the 4 games.

Gulls are 5-0-0. Great start for some of our top prospects.

Edited by Spencer_12

1 hour ago, Spencer_12 said:

Drysdale: 5GP 2-3=5 

Zegras: 5GP 2-5=7

Dostal 4GP 1.75 GAA .956 SV% He’s made at least 40 saves in 3 out of the 4 games.

Gulls are 5-0-0. Great start for some of our top prospects.

damn! nice! ...sounds like 3 players and a coach are looking to be promoted soon!.... ;) 

I've never followed the gulls before but this season I'm actually paying attention. It's kind of funny when the gulls are more exciting to watch than the ducks. 😥

I have a question regarding Drysdale. He's playing in the AHL because the OHL is shut down. In 12 games with the Gulls, he has 4G 5A and is a minus 1. He will be 19 next month. What happens next year? He seems to be holding his own in the AHL. I don't see any benefit going back go the OHL. Can he remain with the Gulls next season or is he too young?

Drysdale looked so comfortable out there in his NHL debut. If the OHL decides to have an abbreviated season, he has to play for them (if sent down) as he would be ineligible to go back to the Gulls. He's too good for the OHL. In the AHL he had 10 points in 14 games and was +1, so not over his head playing there. Do the Ducks keep him up the rest of the season? From a marketing standpoint him and Zegras are a goldmine right now.

2 hours ago, dukitup said:

Drysdale looked so comfortable out there in his NHL debut. If the OHL decides to have an abbreviated season, he has to play for them (if sent down) as he would be ineligible to go back to the Gulls. He's too good for the OHL. In the AHL he had 10 points in 14 games and was +1, so not over his head playing there. Do the Ducks keep him up the rest of the season? From a marketing standpoint him and Zegras are a goldmine right now.

For this team and where they are in their progression with their prospects and who they have on the big club and in San Diego and in the pipeline, burning a year of his ELC is trivial.

They need to get better.  They need better players to be part of that process.  He's a better player.

It would make zero sense to send him back to the OHL, imo.

• Like 2

Didn't they send Comtois back to his junior team? I'm sure if the league opens up he's probably going to go back. I think he's better suited to start next season from camp. 

18 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Didn't they send Comtois back to his junior team? I'm sure if the league opens up he's probably going to go back. I think he's better suited to start next season from camp. 

If I remember correctly, they sent Comtois back to avoid exposing him to the Seattle ED. Had he played one more game, he would have been exposed. Different scenario with Drysdale.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dukitup said:

I say keep him. He looks like he belongs. There's also a decent chance we trade one or both of Hakanpaa and/or Manson at the deadline, which would mean there would be am opening/need for another right-shot defender.

• Like 1

I was just thinking...you know what Drysdale reminds me of....he reminds of what it was like waaaay back in 2005 watching Getz and Perry on the ice for their first games. They didn't just have skills. But they had this confidence (maybe even ego?) to try and do things that were their game. Like there was never this sense coming from them of "oh, is this the right system? what will someone think if i mess up? i need to play it safe." no. They just went and did things and everyone else better be able to catch up. That's what it felt like watching Drysdale last night. He just went and did things.

On 3/20/2021 at 3:47 AM, Jasoaks said:

I was just thinking...you know what Drysdale reminds me of....he reminds of what it was like waaaay back in 2005 watching Getz and Perry on the ice for their first games. They didn't just have skills. But they had this confidence (maybe even ego?) to try and do things that were their game. Like there was never this sense coming from them of "oh, is this the right system? what will someone think if i mess up? i need to play it safe." no. They just went and did things and everyone else better be able to catch up. That's what it felt like watching Drysdale last night. He just went and did things.

Drysdales stats after 5 Games is 1G 1A 2pts...It's bad or good just decent and like Twins....they had confidence and it's great to see that progression from Confident to skill master.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Some interesting news:

Drysdale only played 14 games in the AHL but played 24 in the NHL. Hope they work out a way that gives him the chance to play in the AHL next year and not have to go back to Erie at all. Jacob Perreault played 27 games so he'd be able to go to San Diego instead of heading back to the OHL.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 2:50 AM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Some interesting news:

Drysdale only played 14 games in the AHL but played 24 in the NHL. Hope they work out a way that gives him the chance to play in the AHL next year and not have to go back to Erie at all. Jacob Perreault played 27 games so he'd be able to go to San Diego instead of heading back to the OHL.

Looking forward to see what Both will do for the Ducks Farm team in the long run.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck