The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DucksFan_08

Fire Murray and Eakins ´protest´

18 minutes ago, CAsFirstCup said:

Good article.  It's worth emphasizing this quote "Bob Murray, promoted in November of 2008, has held his general manager’s job longer than all but two NHL counterparts GMs (David Poile of Nashville, Doug Wilson of San Jose)."

Murray is now in his 13th year as Ducks GM.  The Rangers' GM, who was doing a much better job with their rebuild than Murray is with the Ducks', got fired this week.  It's amazing that Murray's incompetence continues to be rewarded with such a long tenure as GM.

I saw that.  John Davidson would be a great GM

That's a total fantasy though.  BM is never leaving...  Neither is the coaching staff.

10 hours ago, hoxxey said:

I saw that.  John Davidson would be a great GM

That's a total fantasy though.  BM is never leaving...  Neither is the coaching staff.

The article says alot of where the team is now and where they are going. The PP statistics of this season says it all of this teams offensive play. Its bad. Really bad. And having watched the last game I continue to be amazed of how often the defenders get trapped in their own zone. Amazingly bad plays.

So, for the future of this team, I expect at least we see a new coaching staff before next season and if everything goes well, a new GM aswell. And for Getzlaf, I honestly dont think he will bring anything to the team anymore. He has been an incredible player and Captain for this team during a long time,  and I loved watching him play, but time has caught up with him. It is time to move on for both parts.

We do not want this team to be the next level of loosing-mentality-Buffalo team. No thank you.

Thats it. Looking forward to a fresh! start next season where we start developing the players in offensive and defensive plays.

Positive players this season:

Max Jones

Isac Lundestrom

Sam Carrick

Max Comtois

Players on a good way:

Troy Terry

Simon Benoit

Anthony Stolarz

Edited by Duckeer

5 hours ago, Duckeer said:

The article says alot of where the team is now and where they are going. The PP statistics of this season says it all of this teams offensive play. Its bad. Really bad. And having watched the last game I continue to be amazed of how often the defenders get trapped in their own zone. Amazingly bad plays.

So, for the future of this team, I expect at least we see a new coaching staff before next season and if everything goes well, a new GM aswell. And for Getzlaf, I honestly dont think he will bring anything to the team anymore. He has been an incredible player and Captain for this team during a long time,  and I loved watching him play, but time has caught up with him. It is time to move on for both parts.

We do not want this team to be the next level of loosing-mentality-Buffalo team. No thank you.

Thats it. Looking forward to a fresh! start next season where we start developing the players in offensive and defensive plays.

Positive players this season:

Max Jones

Isac Lundestrom

Sam Carrick

Max Comtois

Players on a good way:

Troy Terry

Simon Benoit

Anthony Stolarz

Unfortunately, from the group you listed above, I would only emphasize Comtois and Stolarz. The rest of them will be average or below average players.

The list of who regressed this season: Gibson, Fowler, Silfverberg, Terry, Steel, Larsson, GM Bob Murray, HC Dallas Eakins, PP consultants.. Someone may disagree with me, but it's my personal opinion. based on what I saw this season.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

Unfortunately, from the group you listed above, I would only emphasize Comtois and Stolarz. The rest of them will be average or below average players.

The list of who regressed this season: Gibson, Fowler, Silfverberg, Terry, Steel, Larsson, GM Bob Murray, HC Dallas Eakins, PP consultants.. Someone may disagree with me, but it's my personal opinion. based on what I saw this season.

You're blind. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

The fact that other teams have already made coaching moves tells me that we are destined to see Murray and Eakins around for another season.  I would take Torts in a heartbeat.   

16 minutes ago, DT2008 said:

The fact that other teams have already made coaching moves tells me that we are destined to see Murray and Eakins around for another season.  I would take Torts in a heartbeat.   

Yeah, I'm torn on Torts as I'm not sure how much the youngings would be into him...I do like him though.

But also, yeah, I was kinda hoping to immediately see the assistants gone today... at least lol and while no move right now doens't mean anything, I do think you're right that we are seeing Eakins next season

1 hour ago, DT2008 said:

Torts’ contract expired. They didn’t actually make a move. They essentially did nothing and Torts walked away. We’ve all known for months Torts was a lame duck coach and wasn’t going to renew his contract in Columbus.

10 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Torts was a lame duck coach

Sounds like the perfect kind of coach for our team! .... :D 

22 hours ago, dukitup said:

You're blind. 

Dude,

The team beat NHL record for worst PP in modern history: barely over 9%, scored 11 goals and allowed 5. Worse goals differential in the league, shaky goaltending, bad soft defense and non-existent offence. This is ground zero, and you are right: somebody here is really blind.

45 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Dude,

The team beat NHL record for worst PP in modern history: barely over 9%, scored 11 goals and allowed 5. Worse goals differential in the league, shaky goaltending, bad soft defense and non-existent offence. This is ground zero, and you are right: somebody here is really blind.

I agree with almost everything you posted (Buffalo had the worst goal differential). I just disagree with some of the players you claim "regressed." And like you said, we can disagree. Troy Terry improved. Gibson stats were similar to last year. How many games did we have the top 4D in the lineup at the same time? How many games did he start where we were missing our top 2? I don't think it's fair to list Silf. Having season ending hip surgery probably explains the "regression" more than anything. I just disagree listing injured players. Like saying Lindholm regressed.

I just took exception primarily to you listing Troy Terry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Now I want to read”bob Murray announces his retirement”

Followed by: "The Anaheim Ducks are pleased to welcome John Davidson as the new Senior VP of Hockey Operations and Jeff Gorton as the new General Manager."

:D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Followed by: "The Anaheim Ducks are pleased to welcome John Davidson as the new Senior VP of Hockey Operations and Jeff Gorton as the new General Manager."

...Followed by "the assistants have been let go and Trent Yawney and Paul MacLean have been hired as defensive and special teams coach respectively."

:P 

• Like 4

McNab has worked in the Ducks front office since day 1 of the franchise; fans should show him some respect. He’s apparently been our draft guru for a long time, and while we have lacked a bit in finding high impact talent drafting outside the top 10, we have done pretty well overall. We’ve certainly done well finding gems later in the draft over the years, and we’ve been a goalie factory. Hats off to McNab.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

McNab has worked in the Ducks front office since day 1 of the franchise; fans should show him some respect. He’s apparently been our draft guru for a long time, and while we have lacked a bit in finding high impact talent drafting outside the top 10, we have done pretty well overall. We’ve certainly done well finding gems later in the draft over the years, and we’ve been a goalie factory. Hats off to McNab.

Absolutely! Honestly, saw the news and was sad to see it happen. There was a sense of comfort with knowing someone who's been there since day 1 was always there. Hats off indeed!

Thank you, McNab!

• Like 1

He was just promoted to Assistant GM last year wasn't he? Maybe the year before. I thought he would be the obvious/easy choice as next GM based on how the Ducks hire GM/coaches. But this is out of the blue. I wonder if this is an indication they were going to clean house and they gave him the ole “We are planning to move on, but to save face, we want to give you the opportunity to leave on your own first…”

interesting regardless

1 hour ago, ike8228 said:

He was just promoted to Assistant GM last year wasn't he? Maybe the year before. I thought he would be the obvious/easy choice as next GM based on how the Ducks hire GM/coaches. But this is out of the blue. I wonder if this is an indication they were going to clean house and they gave him the ole “We are planning to move on, but to save face, we want to give you the opportunity to leave on your own first…”

interesting regardless

That was Martin Madden.

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

oh, man....I almost believed you. That would make my day.

• Haha 1

I don't understand what the appeal is of keeping together the roster of lowest-scoring team in the league and desperately trying to get rid of our second best scorer? This team is already unwatchable on offence, and our dumb manager wants to make it even worse? I know, Henrique is not cheap, but at least he is producing some offence, in fact last season he scored more goals in limited action than Terry, Jones and Steel combined. 

If BM really wants to dump some salary, we have that invisible defenseman at 6.5 mil per season; We also have a "world-class' goaltender his has been on sabbatical for the last two and half years. We even have forward #34 who have shown absolutely nothing at NHL level, and still on protection list. I am confused, to be honest.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I had hope there for a few seconds that you were going to make it through an entire post without bashing two of the only good players the Ducks have.  But alas, it was not to be.  I don't know why you advocate for keeping Henrique because he's good while also advocating dumping two better players.

ok, let me ask you back: are you happy with the team performance the last few seasons? As a Ducks fan you most likely prostrated just as much as I am. When things don't work repeatedly, don't you think it's time to try to do something different? In our case, you advocating for the same old players who failed to make playoffs for the last 3 seasons.

And it starts with veterans and our highest paid players. Unless, you happy with the current state of this team.

10 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

When things don't work repeatedly, don't you think it's time to try to do something different?

We finally got rid of those awful assistant coaches. That has the potential to make a world of a difference. Obviously we wont know now. But if the issue with our D and PP was less about the players and more about the system the assistants brought...this IS something different. As those assistants were essentially the only consistent thing from when suddenly our wonderful D went from looking pretty solid to (new assistants come in) looking terrible.

Now it's REALLY on Eakins to show he's not the issue. The pressure is on him. First "full season" with the Ducks. New assistants. etc...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

We finally got rid of those awful assistant coaches. That has the potential to make a world of a difference. Obviously we wont know now. But if the issue with our D and PP was less about the players and more about the system the assistants brought...this IS something different. As those assistants were essentially the only consistent thing from when suddenly our wonderful D went from looking pretty solid to (new assistants come in) looking terrible.

Now it's REALLY on Eakins to show he's not the issue. The pressure is on him. First "full season" with the Ducks. New assistants. etc...

Yeah. Coaching can be an issue but so can the roster. Getting new assistants was warranted but also the easiest and bare minimum thing for the Ducks to change. This roster is harder, ours is not good and the person charged with assessing it is failing miserably. I think there’s enough sample size on the veteran group to show that they aren’t the answer and we should be and should have already started moving on from some of them.

The Ducks no longer having the luxury riding Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler has simply caught up with them, imo. The Ducks need to be focusing on development (which they have made steps towards changing this offseason with Bouchard and Solomon) and hopefully they will pay off in a couple of seasons.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

But they've both had to endure two terrible head coaches in a row

3 ;)

11 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah. Coaching can be an issue but so can the roster. Getting new assistants was warranted but also the easiest and bare minimum thing for the Ducks to change. This roster is harder, ours is not good and the person charged with assessing it is failing miserably. I think there’s enough sample size on the veteran group to show that they aren’t the answer and we should be and should have already started moving on from some of them.

The Ducks no longer having the luxury riding Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler has simply caught up with them, imo. The Ducks need to be focusing on development (which they have made steps towards changing this offseason with Bouchard and Solomon) and hopefully they will pay off in a couple of seasons.

and yeah, it's likely a combo of it all. I can agree to that. But I guess the scientist in me wants to change one thing at a time to see what the issue really was/is. If next season we come out with a goal more per power play and our defense looking like it used to...then we don't have to change as much. But like I said, it's probably a combo of things, the roster needs some help. But I'm just not into the idea of "over GMing" when possibly the solution isn't as flashy as giant-trade or giant-big-name. But you bring up another good point of changing how we develop our players which is looking better with these changes this off-season. So...it takes a little bit of patience, yeah.

2 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

if we really needed a nail in BM's coffin, it's how abysmally slow he's been at making moves that ended up with quicker, more pronounced, and more reliable player development.  next up is captaining a team infrastructure with some of the worst injury stats ever for two+ seasons in a row.

every GM is going to make mistakes along the way - they never have complete into.  BM just hasn't figured out how to recover... 

2 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

3 ;)

and yeah, it's likely a combo of it all. I can agree to that. But I guess the scientist in me wants to change one thing at a time to see what the issue really was/is. If next season we come out with a goal more per power play and our defense looking like it used to...then we don't have to change as much. But like I said, it's probably a combo of things, the roster needs some help. But I'm just not into the idea of "over GMing" when possibly the solution isn't as flashy as giant-trade or giant-big-name. But you bring up another good point of changing how we develop our players which is looking better with these changes this off-season. So...it takes a little bit of patience, yeah.

LOL. Not even close. Boudreau actually hid the deficiencies in the teams GMBM constructed through great coaching. Unless you still think Matt Beleskey and Pat Maroon were legit top-6 LWs on a Stanley Cup contender.... :lol:

1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

I'm hoping the winky face emoji was a subtle nod to GMBM's brief tenure behind the bench and not an indictment of Bruce Boudreau.

Ah, missed that! Thanks. :lol:

9 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I'm hoping the winky face emoji was a subtle nod to GMBM's brief tenure behind the bench and not an indictment of Bruce Boudreau.

yes! yes!! this exactly! haha

13 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

LOL. Not even close. Boudreau actually hid the deficiencies in the teams GMBM constructed through great coaching. Unless you still think Matt Beleskey and Pat Maroon were legit top-6 LWs on a Stanley Cup contender.... :lol:

oh god no, nononononono I loved BB! haha

15 minutes ago, Fisix said:

if we really needed a nail in BM's coffin, it's how abysmally slow he's been at making moves that ended up with quicker, more pronounced, and more reliable player development.  next up is captaining a team infrastructure with some of the worst injury stats ever for two+ seasons in a row.

every GM is going to make mistakes along the way - they never have complete into.  BM just hasn't figured out how to recover... 

that's an interesting way to look at BM....thinking a lot about it lately I got a bit more into thinking he's not so much a starter of teams, but can keep a team relevant and competitive. Which is exactly what he did very well (while still getting some good things for the future...). Why we never got over the hump I feel will always be on the GM, 'cause it's his team, but can't always be at the fault of him. Kesler's deal being cancelled by Vancouver last minute in 2014 not on him. But trading away Wild Bill for a player that played ZERO games in 2015 playoffs...on him. etc... starting Gibson in 2016...probably on him? I don't know how much can really be on him for the injuries. That interview with Kes last year makes it sound like it could be on Bob. But I dunno. It's all very complicated when trying to really nail down what is going on.

But saying he doesn't know how to recover from a mistake might be a much more accurate assessment on him.