The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DucksFan_08

Fire Murray and Eakins ´protest´

18 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I've actually been thinking we need to trade him at the deadline. And Montreal to play with Perry for the cup would be my choice. It's the only reason I watch highlights of their games and look for 94 on the ice. Seriously, Getzy is missing that guy who could battle along the boards like he used to play with Perry. Their games just meshed. I really miss that dominance and I think he misses Perry on his wing. Sure he was no longer the Hart winner, but he did still bring a lot to the team. I think it's evident that Getzy hasn't meshed well with the other players like he had that chemistry with Pears. So Montreal would be my vote as I already follow them. With the way this year has gone I would mind them hoisting the cup over there. 

I'd be "ok" with it....although I don't think it'll happen. I think it would make sense for Montreal if they can make it worth it...I mean...I dunno if we'd get a Suzuki or a Kotkaniemi from it...but Getz should absolutely be able to get a good haul. I've been enjoying watching Montreal play, too!

Montreal just let Julien and the assistant go AND they had a winning record. Why can’t the Ducks. I know I know all the money and pandemic situation.

why can’t the Demote Eakins and the power play/offensive coach (I can’t think of his name right now...it’s early) and make Sutter interm and promote Dineen assistant offensive/power play. Wouldn’t change the staff dollar wise?

fun fact Montreal also added Alex Burrows to the coaching staff?!?! 🤣 Assistant biting Coach.

Edited by ike-1

1 hour ago, ike-1 said:

Montreal just let Julien and the assistant go AND they had a winning record. Why can’t the Ducks. I know I know all the money and pandemic situation.

why can’t the Demote Eakins and the power play/offensive coach (I can’t think of his name right now...it’s early) and make Sutter interm and promote Dineen assistant offensive/power play. Wouldn’t change the staff dollar wise?

fun fact Montreal also added Alex Burrows to the coaching staff?!?! 🤣 Assistant biting Coach.

...i'm sorry what?! why would they do that?! ....um.....

hire him? lol that is crazy.....i don't understand....

1 hour ago, ike-1 said:

Teams in different situations. Montreal expect to be winning now after adding a bunch of players in the offseason. Though it seems like they pulled the trigger pretty quickly - 1 win in 6 games and the coach is gone - crazy.

1 hour ago, bufbarnaby said:

Sad , Kings have gotten it together , we are imploding.

We seem to have turned into the early Anschutz era Kings....get just enough "quality" players to field a team at a cheap price but not win anything big to keep people in the seats and make the owners more money. Then blame the players or coaching staff for the problems, and fire them, bring in a new coach, rinse, repeat. We need to get rid of Bargain Bob, and get a new GM that can make a hockey trade. Enough with bargain basement mediocre players. Tear it all down, and start over. (sorry for mini-rant) Gibson wont want to be here, if he doesn't have that mind set already, and Zegras won't re-sign after his contract is up in 3 years if this sh*t keeps going. Get someone in charge to do it right, cuz GMBM isn't that person IMHO

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, JustaDucksFan said:

We seem to have turned into the early Anschutz era Kings....get just enough "quality" players to field a team at a cheap price but not win anything big to keep people in the seats and make the owners more money. Then blame the players or coaching staff for the problems, and fire them, bring in a new coach, rinse, repeat. We need to get rid of Bargain Bob, and get a new GM that can make a hockey trade. Enough with bargain basement mediocre players. Tear it all down, and start over. (sorry for mini-rant) Gibson wont want to be here, if he doesn't have that mind set already, and Zegras won't re-sign after his contract is up in 3 years if this sh*t keeps going. Get someone in charge to do it right, cuz GMBM isn't that person IMHO

your prayers fall on deaf ears. Owners don't read this threads. The only hope is Bob, as a decent person, will realize himself it's time to step down.

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

your prayers fall on deaf ears. Owners don't read this threads. The only hope is Bob, as a decent person, will realize himself it's time to step down.

You're joking, right?  He's not going to step down unless he has the prospect of a better position with another club, and that ain't going to happen.  He has a nice contract, and the support of owners who really don't care anymore how well the team performs.  I.E. No Pressure.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 3:36 AM, Spike1981 said:

all these here who are saying "fire BM" I can't understand. of course, he made some big contracts (too long and too many NTC/NMC) which I not like, but all are reasonable. outside of that what mistakes he made? Kesler and Eaves were unfortunately with their injuries, especially Eaves. he was interim coach to kick the players in the ass (Montour trade). he traded a lot last deadline and try it.

effort of the players you can't count on him, if the team gives 60 minutes effort, they would win a lot of games, we watched it on the Vegas games last week and the first period yesterday. but what can you do if the effort of the players aren't enough? you can not give the blame always at the coaches. the players are professional hockey player who all have a lot of salary, so its the minimum to expect that they play for that money and their jobs! the Henrique-waiver is a risky move, but BM tried to wake up the pathetic play of some players. the only veterans who give effort is Rakell and Gibson. Silf, Henrique, Fowler, Shatt and Getz play without willing to win.

its a damn waste of talent, especially a waste of Gibson and Rakell. I some seasons thought Rakell is lazy, but he is one who plays at a good level, he only doesn't have the goal instinct and shots unfortunately.

Gibson is about 3 first rounder value or a elite player... its the real waste if your teammates not giving enough effort.

we all don't know what is going wrong with the effort. are the trainings too easy and not build on endurance and stamina? or is a effort killer in the locker room?

Off the top of my head:

- Hiring Randy Carlyle for a second stint because he won a championship with the team 10 years prior with an antiquated style of play. Don't tell me about the 2017 playoffs where two sorry Canadian teams got smacked, I'm sure head coach Bob Murray could have gotten the same result there.

- Flat out refusing to fire Randy Carlyle after the most embarrassing stretch of hockey this franchise has ever seen and instead blaming it on the players he put there. Trading locker room glue guys like Cogliano before getting outscored 40-8 (or whatever god-awful number it was) on a road trip sure sent a message. 

- Giving that trainwreck Bieksa an insane NMC extension before he even played a game as a Duck because he's buddies with Kesler.. the same Kesler who straight up refused to go anywhere but Anaheim or Chicago before he was traded and wasn't at risk of leaving if Bieksa never becomes a Duck. 100% unnecessary and it only handcuffed this team once cap hell and Vegas became a reality. 

- A number of flip-flopping "re-tools" where the team's identity was supposed to change in an effort to match whoever beat us in the playoffs that year. One year it's "we need more size and sandpaper", the next it's "we need more skill and speed". All that ever changed was what corner of the dumpster he'd look in that July 10th after most free agents have signed.. or what role player he'd pointlessly throw away at the deadline for someone who didn't fit (cough DSP.. still upset about that)

- Failure to maximize assets and hanging onto certain players for too long. I think this one speaks for itself when you look at his recent record. Shoutout to our waived top goal scorer from a season ago Adam Henrique for being an example of both. 

Kesler's extension looks bad now but it gets a pass. Eaves was sketchy from the start. As awesome as he was in that short stretch, the only consistent thing in his career has been injury. Silfverberg and Henrique would've made more sense if this team was trending anywhere but down when they were extended. Again, hanging onto players too long and failing to establish a clear path for this team going forward.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

Off the top of my head:

- Hiring Randy Carlyle for a second stint because he won a championship with the team 10 years prior with an antiquated style of play. Don't tell me about the 2017 playoffs where two sorry Canadian teams got smacked, I'm sure head coach Bob Murray could have gotten the same result there.

---- Players asked for RC.  BM bowing to their request was the problem.

- Flat out refusing to fire Randy Carlyle after the most embarrassing stretch of hockey this franchise has ever seen and instead blaming it on the players he put there. Trading locker room glue guys like Cogliano before getting outscored 40-8 (or whatever god-awful number it was) on a road trip sure sent a message. 

---- Fair - waited too long to fire RC, but again he let the players rule the roost.  He should have been out in front of them.  Cogs - still unclear, but I think Cogs wanted out.  If Cogs asked, he deserved to have his request honored.

- Giving that trainwreck Bieksa an insane NMC extension before he even played a game as a Duck because he's buddies with Kesler.. the same Kesler who straight up refused to go anywhere but Anaheim or Chicago before he was traded and wasn't at risk of leaving if Bieksa never becomes a Duck. 100% unnecessary and it only handcuffed this team once cap hell and Vegas became a reality. 

---- If this season has taught you anything, it SHOULD be that Bieksa wasn't a train wreck.  I mean, look at Shatt?  Is there some other magical player we could have gotten at that time?  Maybe, but unclear.  And I think your timing is off with Kes - I think we needed to acquiesce to his request, or it was part of the reason why Kes agreed to come here from the beginning. 

- A number of flip-flopping "re-tools" where the team's identity was supposed to change in an effort to match whoever beat us in the playoffs that year. One year it's "we need more size and sandpaper", the next it's "we need more skill and speed". All that ever changed was what corner of the dumpster he'd look in that July 10th after most free agents have signed.. or what role player he'd pointlessly throw away at the deadline for someone who didn't fit (cough DSP.. still upset about that)

---- Fair.  His commentary about what the team needs is going to come back and bite him.

- Failure to maximize assets and hanging onto certain players for too long. I think this one speaks for itself when you look at his recent record. Shoutout to our waived top goal scorer from a season ago Adam Henrique for being an example of both. 

---- Fair.  I mean, he hung onto certain players knowing that they could do better (and have done so elsewhere), but didn't figure out or develop the environment in which they could do better HERE.  For me, the jury is still out with Eakins, not so much with his assistants (they've had plenty of time to figure stuff out, and even if BM is sticking his fingers in, they should have been able to figure out work arounds by now).  Hank is a special case, and I think ongoing stress probably caused both sides to be assholes to each other (though I'm certainly open to BM being the bigger asshole).

Kesler's extension looks bad now but it gets a pass. Eaves was sketchy from the start. As awesome as he was in that short stretch, the only consistent thing in his career has been injury. Silfverberg and Henrique would've made more sense if this team was trending anywhere but down when they were extended. Again, hanging onto players too long and failing to establish a clear path for this team going forward.  

---- Eaves wasn't a mistake, just unfortunate and completely unforeseeable circumstances, and silf and hank are legitimate investments, but maybe they feel too much is being asked of them (that's more on them and their internal struggles than on the decision to invest in them).  Everything can look questionable if you have a bone to pick.  A better GM and a better progression of coaching probably could have done better with our current team and staff and others we shuffled off along the way.

Well if you're looking for an easy job with job security try becoming GM or head coach of The Ducks. Getting results apparently doesn't matter so you can cruise to a fat paycheck. 

2-3 bad seasons and all want to fire BM... can't understand that. of course, he is not perfect, of course, you can find some mistakes if you want to find some. but he made a lot of good things and as I mentioned earlier, we had twice top 10, 5 in the top 15 since the cup (before 2019). thats normal that the talent is bleeding out. you can't not almost the whole 10-12 years be a contender and then you think you can stay there forever. and he tried a lot (interim Coach, 7-8 trades at deadline, sign Grant+Shatt, sign all veterans to keep the team together, drafted well). Grant was injuried and not play well, Shatt is a disappointment (because talent, baby or covid, we don't know). the two top 10 in the last 2 years looks like good, Zegras can be the best player of the 2019 draft, Drysdale looks good in the AHL statistically (I can't watch the AHL-games).

we have to change the (assistent) coaches, not the GM. and yes I know, the GM hire and fire the coaches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Clearly as I stated...Time for Ducks to have NEW GM is needed..Bob Murray's time is up and Ducks need Good Quality Players to ensure our team does not fall into this Funk AGAIN like Common Cold.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fisix said:

The players didn't "ask" for RC. Bob said he checked with some of the players to see if it was ok to bring him back. There were only a handful of players that had played for him the first time that were still with the Ducks. Getz, Pears, Fowler, and Cogs and I think that's it. And Kesler and Bieksa had played for him way back when he was with the Manitoba Moose. I don't know if BM checked with all of those guys, but my guess is that he checked with Getz, Pears, Kesler and Fowler to get a sense of how the team's leadership would feel about it, and that's about it. And regardless of all that speculation about who asked who what, that was a dumb re-hire and the GM should have known better and should have been held accountable for it. How many GM's get to fire a 3rd coach before getting their own walking papers? Not many.

• Like 1

If yesterdays game wasn't an indication that team is heading in the wrong direction, then I don't know what else can convince the ownership to make some changes.

Off the topic: anybody knows where Henrique is? Is he in San Diego or watching the games from the press box?

2 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

2-3 bad seasons and all want to fire BM... can't understand that. of course, he is not perfect, of course, you can find some mistakes if you want to find some. but he made a lot of good things and as I mentioned earlier, we had twice top 10, 5 in the top 15 since the cup (before 2019). thats normal that the talent is bleeding out. you can't not almost the whole 10-12 years be a contender and then you think you can stay there forever. and he tried a lot (interim Coach, 7-8 trades at deadline, sign Grant+Shatt, sign all veterans to keep the team together, drafted well). Grant was injuried and not play well, Shatt is a disappointment (because talent, baby or covid, we don't know). the two top 10 in the last 2 years looks like good, Zegras can be the best player of the 2019 draft, Drysdale looks good in the AHL statistically (I can't watch the AHL-games).

we have to change the (assistent) coaches, not the GM. and yes I know, the GM hire and fire the coaches.

Except Murray said things like “the retool is over” and expected to compete for a playoff spot this year when most people rightfully looked at him like he was insane. Why would you keep the core of this team together after the previous two seasons? If he had said that the team was still transitioning after several years of success then it’s a completely different scenario. Murray believed this team was good. He extended Henrique, Silfverberg, brought back Grant and wasted time, money and the chances to bring back assets that the team needs going forward in the process. He hired Eakins who cost the team the last two games more than anyone.

Honestly, I don’t place most of the blame on Murray anymore. It’s now on the Samuelis, imo. They either ok’d what’s going on or don’t care enough to explain it let alone fix it.

• Like 2

we had a lot of changes last deadline, few days before the season was over. and with keep the team together and sign Grant and Shatt, with hope that 2-3 kids makes a step. why not believe in the team? the talent to make the 4th place is here. and if the effort would be here, we would have that 4th spot now.

I don't know what is wrong, but some players doesn't need to give effort 60 minutes. thats a shame on the players! thats unacceptable! imagine if we work with 50% effort every day... and they have a lot more salary then we have... its like they saying: "we reached the NHL, now we can lay back"...

36 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

we had a lot of changes last deadline, few days before the season was over. and with keep the team together and sign Grant and Shatt, with hope that 2-3 kids makes a step. why not believe in the team? the talent to make the 4th place is here. and if the effort would be here, we would have that 4th spot now.

I don't know what is wrong, but some players doesn't need to give effort 60 minutes. thats a shame on the players! thats unacceptable! imagine if we work with 50% effort every day... and they have a lot more salary then we have... its like they saying: "we reached the NHL, now we can lay back"...

Or they're tired of playing for a coach and GM who both suck.

1 hour ago, Spike1981 said:

What exactly had the team (outside of Gibson) shown to warrant any real belief though? The core of this team hasn’t been good enough or coached well enough and expecting Steel, Terry, Jones to be studs let alone in their first pro NHL seasons never seemed realistic. They can all be decent NHLers but that’s not what the team needs. There’s a management, coaching and talent gap. Two of those three could be changed today.

• Like 2

Ducks need to have strategy in regards to trades...How many prospects or young Ducks are in the rank and file of our team...? Too many to assemble B Team. What is important to is to account Bob's FAILURE as GM in Trades...HE SHOULD NEVER STOP with Kesler TRADE.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

I wonder if Getz 2nd guessed how much he agreed or welcomed RC the 2nd time and now doesn't want to speak up anymore about these kinds of things. I thought he was a big reason for the return of RC (I could be wrong), and maybe after seeing how it panned out he thinks maybe this game isn't what it used to be...and he needs to take a step back from influencing management and coaching decisions?

I dunno, I still get the feeling from him he's just being the father figure playing in his son's little league game. He's there just to support the kids.

Ill bet the delay for booting BM and DE is they have no suitable plan B.   Ill bet they are scrambling.   They need to boot the President Michael Schulman of the club also.  All this happened on his watch.  How is he earning his whopping 6 figure salary   Asleep at the wheel.  Pathetic situation

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 8:55 AM, MooseDuck said:

Bob imho needs to go....Right now....Dallas Eakins should not.....Scapegoating Coach is common But it's clear to all Ducks Fans Bob's failure to make a trade to get player we need is imho accountability issue.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

AGREE I second that !!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joker8 said:

AGREE I second that !!!!!!!

I agree as well....he needs to go.... OR AT LEAST .... Hold a press conference and tell everyone what in the holy hell is going on! Is there even a strategy for this year? Are we treading water until the Seattle draft? Do we have a PLAN for the draft? Are we secretly working on a blockbuster trade? Are we working on another trade for an over the hill winger? Are we secretly hoping to tank and get a top 10 draft pick this year? Just what in the hell are you thinking Bob???? Tell us!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

The players didn't "ask" for RC. Bob said he checked with some of the players to see if it was ok to bring him back. There were only a handful of players that had played for him the first time that were still with the Ducks. Getz, Pears, Fowler, and Cogs and I think that's it. And Kesler and Bieksa had played for him way back when he was with the Manitoba Moose. I don't know if BM checked with all of those guys, but my guess is that he checked with Getz, Pears, Kesler and Fowler to get a sense of how the team's leadership would feel about it, and that's about it. And regardless of all that speculation about who asked who what, that was a dumb re-hire and the GM should have known better and should have been held accountable for it. How many GM's get to fire a 3rd coach before getting their own walking papers? Not many.

I keep hearing different.  As for the rest, either my way or your way, we agree it was a bad GM move.

11 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

Anaheim has the 7th highest salary in the league (literally only $35 behind Chicago for the 5th highest) but is 28th in the standings. BM has constantly handcuffed himself with stupid moves and we have nothing to show for it.

Edited by nieder
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, nieder said:

Anaheim has the 7th highest salary in the league (literally only $35 behind Chicago for the 5th highest) but is 28th in the standings. BM has constantly handcuffed himself with stupid moves and we have nothing to show for it.

yes we have a expensive defense and underperformed veterans.

you say Henrique is a bad contract, it was maybe a mio too much, but look at other teams, every team has some bad contracts...

for example Buffalo: Okposo (6 Mio and M-NTC) and especially Skinner (9 mio till 2027 and NMC) are very bad contracts...  Skinner's contract is crazy.

10 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

yes we have a expensive defense and underperformed veterans.

you say Henrique is a bad contract, it was maybe a mio too much, but look at other teams, every team has some bad contracts...

for example Buffalo: Okposo (6 Mio and M-NTC) and especially Skinner (9 mio till 2027 and NMC) are very bad contracts...  Skinner's contract is crazy.

Which Makes the Trade Market very Unpredictable.....Ducks are in this jam due in part of the team being fiscally Conservative but frugal...Ducks do want to trade but with the price tags is BIG Hurdle.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck