The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DucksFan_08

Fire Murray and Eakins ´protest´

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

I also don't really expect Heinen to still be here after April 12th. 

What the hell is up with Heinen? It's not like he's been terrible. Yet he can't get into the lineup ahead of guys like Deslauries and Grant.

25 minutes ago, nieder said:

What the hell is up with Heinen? It's not like he's been terrible. Yet he can't get into the lineup ahead of guys like Deslauries and Grant.

It's probably because he doesn't fit the role they do.  He's really competing against Rakell, Lundestrom, Steel, and the other speedy non-physical players. 

21 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Right, the old mediocre PKer/bad 5-on-5 role.  It's a Murray special.

Murray Special?....LOL. That's Interesting choice of words.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Ok so here we are again with no play adjustment, no enthusiasm no emotion. They are not playing for Eakins . How’s Henrich? 
oh he’s scoring... should we put him on waivers again? Fire the GM and the coach, players and fans deserve it.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 4:51 PM, yeaitsme said:

Heinen had 47 points with Boston . I’d keep him. He just needs the right players in his line 

He’s certainly doing nothing of the sort here. I don’t know why anyone’s talking about the Ducks protecting him. 

• Like 1

OMG. Tonights performance showed the Ducks where they are in this league: bad defence and very very bad offensive play.

Well, the good thing is we are now closer to a drop of BM and Eakins.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 1:09 AM, Duckeer said:

OMG. Tonights performance showed the Ducks where they are in this league: bad defence and very very bad offensive play.

Well, the good thing is we are now closer to a drop of BM and Eakins.

on any other team they will be gone long time ago

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joker8 said:

on any other team they will be gone long time ago

I would add, in any other sport, they'd be long gone.

• Like 1

A whopping 4 wins in our last 20 games. A normal GM (whom should be fired) would fire his coach but not BM. He's still convinced Eakins is doing a great job. I bet he can almost smell The Cup. We're a joke. And not a good one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ike-1 said:

We will have to wait until they return home at least. I don’t think teams ever fire on the road? 

Gerard Gallant would like a word with you.

33 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Gerard Gallant would like a word with you.

I believe Wilson was fired on the road too, from Toronto.

Just saw a video about that and basically chants of "fiiireee....wiiiilsooon" kept happening at their home games. So when they went on the road, Burke basically was like "I can't have Wilson endure ANOTHER home game with that" so he got fired on the road.

On 3/13/2021 at 12:04 PM, g20topdogg said:

I came across this podcast, I've never seen it before, with former Duck Shane O'Brien. It was an interview with Teemu. Some interesting stories from Teemu but I thought it was pretty interesting when they talked about Eakins. They seemed to say some good things about him. I actually had no idea that Teemu had played with Eakins on the Jets during Teemu's rookie year. 

Here's the link for anyone interested: 

It's pretty new, just posted about a week ago. 

So, finally got through this! Great post!

It seems to me everyone LIKES Eakins. And WANTS him to succeed with this opportunity 'cause they like him. Obs talked about how Eakins got the passion back into his game -- which is great to hear. But I think this still solidifies even more my feelings about Eakins...

He's very good with the mental side of the game -- but not good with the actual execution of being a coach during the games. Between games he's probably VERY good. But during games -- not so much.

Not that he can't improve his weaknesses...and while some of those are things that can improve just with experience...I think most of his weaknesses require him to actively acknowledge he is bad at "this" and needs to change how he approaches "it."

19 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

It seems to me everyone LIKES Eakins. And WANTS him to succeed with this opportunity 'cause they like him. Obs talked about how Eakins got the passion back into his game -- which is great to hear. But I think this still solidifies even more my feelings about Eakins...

He's very good with the mental side of the game -- but not good with the actual execution of being a coach during the games. Between games he's probably VERY good. But during games -- not so much.

Not that he can't improve his weaknesses...and while some of those are things that can improve just with experience...I think most of his weaknesses require him to actively acknowledge he is bad at "this" and needs to change how he approaches "it."

And this was probably the reasoning of having Sutter in the background. A coach coaching the coach, unsuccessfully apparently but still.

46 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I don't think there's any question that he's a nice guy. But he's not an NHL caliber coach.

• Like 2

Another Loss Another reason for me and all Ducks Fans to demand Bob Murray must be Removed as Ducks GM and Dallas be removed as HC. Utterly Foolish to think 11 F 7 D can change things around smh.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, MooseDuck said:

Another Loss Another reason for me and all Ducks Fans to demand Bob Murray must be Removed as Ducks GM and Dallas be removed as HC. Utterly Foolish to think 11 F 7 D can change things around smh.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

It did pretty well against a very good team last night.

2 hours ago, nieder said:

I don't think there's any question that he's a nice guy. But he's not an NHL caliber coach.

In my 30+ years of watching hockey, I can't remember another instance where a team hired a well-respected veteran coach to "advise" their current coach on how to actually become a good coach. There are only 31 of these jobs in existence. Is it too much to ask that we get a coach who doesn't need to learn how to be a good coach while on the job?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

In my 30+ years of watching hockey, I can't remember another instance where a team hired a well-respected veteran coach to "advise" their current coach on how to actually become a good coach. There are only 31 of these jobs in existence. Is it too much to ask that we get a coach who doesn't need to learn how to be a good coach while on the job?

Why not just hire the veteran guy to be the head coach? It makes zero sense.

• Like 2

Just watched Kyle Palmeri score a "power play" goal.  Seems like the former ducks around the league do pretty well on their new teams.  Coaching... Watching a real power play in action is something that I miss as a fan.  I remember the old days with Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan - couldn't get the puck away from them.  Just saying...

8 hours ago, Duckeer said:

Everybody knows bringin in Volkov is not the solution to Ducks problems.......why is BM just draging it all out? 😞

So he can't make any trades, even if they better the organization, unless it is the one superstar deal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Duckeer said:

Everybody knows bringin in Volkov is not the solution to Ducks problems.......why is BM just draging it all out? 😞

He needs to show Samueli's he is working hard to improve this team.

Can we please see a change in the organisation...something has to be done. The way they played the last game against Avalanche was just....just...sad.

You can't win games in this league if you don't skate. Period.

😞

4 hours ago, Duckeer said:

Can we please see a change in the organisation...something has to be done. The way they played the last game against Avalanche was just....just...sad.

You can't win games in this league if you don't skate. Period.

😞

Third game in 4 nights, 2nd of b2b, mile high city. Opponent top team in the West. I expected nothing more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dukitup said:

Third game in 4 nights, 2nd of b2b, mile high city. Opponent top team in the West. I expected nothing more.

Agreed.  Plus they had some unfortunate and questionable calls go against them at pivotal moments.  I really don't think last night was horrible.

That's 5 respectable game sin a row, in fact, against the 2, 3, and 4 teams in the West.  Missing Lindholm for all of them and missing Rakell for this last one.  

Last game I threw things at the TV was the Arizona loss 6 games ago.    

8 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Agreed.  Plus they had some unfortunate and questionable calls go against them at pivotal moments.  I really don't think last night was horrible.

That's 5 respectable game sin a row, in fact, against the 2, 3, and 4 teams in the West.  Missing Lindholm for all of them and missing Rakell for this last one.  

Last game I threw things at the TV was the Arizona loss 6 games ago.    

Yeah, they were just outclassed against a much better Avs team. I think the effort was there though, so as far as I'm concerned you can't ask for much more with the current state of the roster. In fact, showing up and putting the effort in, but still losing, is probably the best result for the team right now as we solidify our draft position.

Though Eakins also dressing 11 forwards on the second of back to back nights doesn't really help much either.

Honestly I think the worst the team has looked in the last 5 games was the first period of game 2 against St. Louis. And that was a game that they won. Lol.

Edited by nieder
  • Like 1

After the AVS game...got some rest. Looses 4-2 against Coyotes. Come on. Do we have to wait another 8-10 games of loosing until something happens??