The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

Getzlaf’s Future

1 minute ago, Jasoaks said:

did you see the people on twitter actually shaming Marleau for his achievement?? that it wasn't deserved or he should have retired before it happened???? or even like...doesn't count? i just don't get it....

Jealousy. These people have never achieved anything in their lives worth celebrating.

They hate us because they anus

5 minutes ago, nieder said:

Jealousy. These people have never achieved anything in their lives worth celebrating.

They hate us because they're an anus

fixed it for ya... ;););) :P 

but yeah, it probably is jealousy and being angry that people aren't paying attention to them...

49 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Or that a win-above-all-else mindset is the only respectable attitude to have.  It's sports, of course he wants to win.  But I absolutely can respect the fact that if Getzlaf is going to win another Cup, he wants to do it with the franchise he's played for his whole career, and that moving to another place to win one with guys he doesn't know and for a community he doesn't have ties to doesn't mean nearly as much.

There's a reason I have that commenter on ignore. 

I think a lot of players, at least the older generation still playing, still take pride in playing for one team for their entire careers. This makes sense for Getzlaf who is a pretty old school type of player. I think he's earned that right to stay here instead of getting traded for a 3rd round pick.

• Like 1

What about the fact that, just maybe, the team wants to move on. Maybe his words are centered around Bob telling him they may or may not have a spot for him. I can’t imagine that’s true, but is a possibility too. 

For the record I just skip over Spikes messages. Too negative and argumentative anymore. And by the Spike way it’s 3rd not 3th, I can’t stand it anymore.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

That would be a huge diss of the Ducks, knowing that they were going to lose him, that he's not going to retire as a career long Ducks member, combined with the fact they could have at least received something in return had they traded him at the deadline.

I believe a team can only fall 3 slots, meaning the worst team will pick no lower than 4th,

rules are changed, only the first 2 are lottery, so you lose maximum 2 spots.

The whole idea that a couple of wins down the stretch is a good thing, and will carry over to next season, is Ridiculous. 

my words....

15 minutes ago, nieder said:

I think he's earned that right to stay here instead of getting traded for a 3rd round pick.

I don't can hear "he is loyal, he is the mentor" but not saying that he "wants the best for the organisation", because having a 3th is better then Getzlaf this season which is over....  its business not a "who is my loyalty star"-show. we had fun with him, he was a beast in some days. and, some don't like it to hear, but how many 7th games have we won with him as captain? 1 of 5. is game seven not a leadership thing? he is not a god what I have the feeling here some people are thinking. I don't want to blame him, I respect him, as I said, he was a beast in some years and made unbelievable plays, he deserves Hall of Fame, no doubt. but this are the facts.

7 minutes ago, ike-1 said:

For the record I just skip over Spikes messages. Too negative and argumentative anymore. And by the Spike way it’s 3rd not 3th, I can’t stand it anymore.

ignoring other opinions, very adult. but thx for the correction.

1 hour ago, nieder said:

I think a lot of players, at least the older generation still playing, still take pride in playing for one team for their entire careers. This makes sense for Getzlaf who is a pretty old school type of player. I think he's earned that right to stay here instead of getting traded for a 3rd round pick.

I also think he's earned a better send-off. I can't imagine Getzlaf skating off after his very last home game to scattered cheers from barely 2000 fans at Honda Center. He deserves an emotional exit like Teemu's. If there are such things as hockey gods, I hope we get one more year from Baldy and that the schedule makers figure out a way to match the Ducks with whatever team Pears is playing for next season on that final Sunday.

Speaking of Teemu, Getzlaf still 7 points behind him with only 9 games to go. He's "running out of race track" and isn't likely to catch him this season. Getzlaf probably needs to come back for one more year just for the bragging rights... 

• Like 4

This topic has been beat to DEATH!  Give it a rest.  No one knows what he is going to do or what the organization intends.  Absurd posts sometimes by the same posters as many as 6 or 7 times over.....whew.  You need to get a job if these are you.  

• Like 1

Yes as myopic as this group gets....  Focus on something a little more time relevant like the expansion draft or a legit professional career haha.

11 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

Yes as myopic as this group gets....  Focus on something a little more time relevant like the expansion draft or a legit professional career haha.

How’s it going with that link showing the Ducks have more no-trade clauses than any other team? Find it yet?

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Thanks for the input. We'll try to be less myopic for you. Please let us know if you'd like us to dance or sing for your entertainment. I think dtsdlaw does showtunes.

Nah, gotchabari is the one with the musical talent. I’d be happy to juggle and do yo-yo tricks while you recite King Lear though!

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Nah, gotchabari is the one with the musical talent. I’d be happy to juggle and do yo-yo tricks while you recite King Lear though!

damn...i was kinda hoping to be the music guy...but no it's cool it's cool it's cool it's cool it's cool it's cool........... no....uh....not taking it personally at all!....just....um...excuse me for a min....

( :P )

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

I don't can hear "he is loyal, he is the mentor" but not saying that he "wants the best for the organisation", because having a 3th is better then Getzlaf this season which is over....  its business not a "who is my loyalty star"-show. we had fun with him, he was a beast in some days. and, some don't like it to hear, but how many 7th games have we won with him as captain? 1 of 5. is game seven not a leadership thing? he is not a god what I have the feeling here some people are thinking. I don't want to blame him, I respect him, as I said, he was a beast in some years and made unbelievable plays, he deserves Hall of Fame, no doubt. but this are the facts.

This isn't a video game. These are people. There is more to this than just getting a modicum of value out of him. No team in this league is trading their 12 year captain for a 3rd round pick. 

No offense but I'm starting to see why others just ignore your posts.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I also think he's earned a better send-off. I can't imagine Getzlaf skating off after his very last home game to scattered cheers from barely 2000 fans at Honda Center. He deserves an emotional exit like Teemu's. If there are such things as hockey gods, I hope we get one more year from Baldy and that the schedule makers figure out a way to match the Ducks with whatever team Pears is playing for next season on that final Sunday.

Speaking of Teemu, Getzlaf still 7 points behind him with only 9 games to go. He's "running out of race track" and isn't likely to catch him this season. Getzlaf probably needs to come back for one more year just for the bragging rights... 

Getz is 19 points away from 1000. I have to think this is motivating factor for 1 more season as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

How’s it going with that link showing the Ducks have more no-trade clauses than any other team? Find it yet?

can't understand why all this NTC/NMC AND long contracts... look at the long contracts, a lot of them are overpaid: Getzlaf, Fowler, Silfverberg, Henrique...

of course then when they made the contract they are all on career highs, and some players would not sign without this clauses, but we have 6 NTC and NMC and at least 3 years contracts.

2 minutes ago, nieder said:

This isn't a video game. These are people. There is more to this than just getting a modicum of value out of him. No team in this league is trading their 12 year captain for a 3rd round pick. 

No offense but I'm starting to see why others just ignore your posts.

yes I know, that this isn't a video game and there are people, but I think it would be a good start for the rebuild. give Zegras the C, he already showed that he deserved it as a person. fantastic was his interview before the U20 finals about the goaltender of Canada was not really tested and then he made a goal... only one word I can say there: WOW!

and where is the rebuild? can't understand that too. trade away 2 young players (Kase and Montour) for 2 firsts and thats it? ok trade away this two players is okay, one is injury proned and the other looks like he has a difficult character. but we not even gave Dostal or Eriksson Ek a shot in the NHL till now and only Zegras some games and Drysdale from the kids had this year NHL games, no Tracey, no Perrault, no Groulx ect.

good, I still hope there will be some action in the offseason and BM made this deadline trades not because this draft class is weak and difficult to scout and go after draft picks 2022, what should be a great draft class what I heard. but he did good all 3 trades this season... Volkov is an upgrade, Fleury is 4 years younger and was a former first rounder, Hutton for a 5th... all good trades.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

can't understand why all this NTC/NMC AND long contracts... look at the long contracts, a lot of them are overpaid: Getzlaf, Fowler, Silfverberg, Henrique...

of course then when they made the contract they are all on career highs, and some players would not sign without this clauses, but we have 6 NTC and NMC and at least 3 years contracts.

yes I know, that this isn't a video game and there are people, but I think it would be a good start for the rebuild. give Zegras the C, he already showed that he deserved it as a person. fantastic was his interview before the U20 finals about the goaltender of Canada was not really tested and then he made a goal... only one word I can say there: WOW!

and where is the rebuild? can't understand that too. trade away 2 young players (Kase and Montour) for 2 firsts and thats it? ok trade away this two players is okay, one is injury proned and the other looks like he has a difficult character. but we not even gave Dostal or Eriksson Ek a shot in the NHL till now and only Zegras some games and Drysdale from the kids had this year NHL games, no Tracey, no Perrault, no Groulx ect.

good, I still hope there will be some action in the offseason and BM made this deadline trades not because this draft class is weak and difficult to scout and go after draft picks 2022, what should be a great draft class what I heard. but he did good all 3 trades this season... Volkov is an upgrade, Fleury is 4 years younger and was a former first rounder, Hutton for a 5th... all good trades.

Make it stop. If this was an audio I'd be scrambling to find the mute button.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

fantastic was his interview before the U20 finals about the goaltender of Canada was not really tested and then he made a goal... only one word I can say there: WOW!

yeah...where did THAT Zegras go?? I feel like he's been intimidated playing in the NHL...or playing it safe, for the most part (not always)...but to be faiiir...he was like this in his 2nd WJC....so....im hoping next season, or the one after...we start to see that swagger and confidence. By no means should he have the C yet haha

I understand it's rare for rookies to really be like that...i look at players like Ovechkin...Matthews...they came in like wrecking ball in their first game...just full of ego and confidence and amazing talent haha Kaprizov has a similar swagger.

52 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

good, I still hope there will be some action in the offseason

I fully expect this and really hope so, too.

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

damn...i was kinda hoping to be the music guy...but no it's cool it's cool it's cool it's cool it's cool it's cool........... no....uh....not taking it personally at all!....just....um...excuse me for a min....

Maybe you can accompany him on piano?

2 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

Based on your comment, I don't think you appreciate how significant the jump is from juniors to the AHL and from the AHL to the NHL. Not sure if you listened to that podcast that g20topdogg posted a few weeks ago with Selanne on Shane O'Brien's show, but there was a very interesting story from Teemu (just after the 1 hour mark) about how he was invited by the Jets to come over for their playoff series in 1992 (the season before he was a rookie) and how terrified he was about playing in the NHL after just watching a few playoff games. And Teemu was 21 when that happened, not 18 or 19.  Zegras and Drysdale and pretty unique players and they're doing what almost nobody expected them to do this season. But their unexpected success doesn't mean that you can just throw every 19 & 20 year kid we have in the system out on the ice against the likes of Vegas, St Louis, and Colorado. You can really screw up their development that way. Kinda of like how GMBM has admitted he screwed up with Fowler by giving him too much too soon.

5 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Well, don't just stand there!  Give us an Andrew Lloyd Weber medley before Chop Suey gets upset!

Or I can do breakdance...Called Getzpass.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

YES! I can do that...I've actually recently done Jesus Christ Superstar for Easter so this is perfect for....

8 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Well, don't just stand there!  Give us an Andrew Lloyd Weber medley before Chop Suey gets upset!

...the Andrew Lloyd Weber medley!! 

2 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Or I can do breakdance...Called Getzpass.

MooseDuck can breakdance along!! :D 

11 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Based on your comment, I don't think you appreciate how significant the jump is from juniors to the AHL and from the AHL to the NHL. Not sure if you listened to that podcast that g20topdogg posted a few weeks ago with Selanne on Shane O'Brien's show, but there was a very interesting story from Teemu (just after the 1 hour mark) about how he was invited by the Jets to come over for their playoff series in 1992 (the season before he was a rookie) and how terrified he was about playing in the NHL after just watching a few playoff games. And Teemu was 21 when that happened, not 18 or 19.  Zegras and Drysdale and pretty unique players and they're doing what almost nobody expected them to do this season. But their unexpected success doesn't mean that you can just throw every 19 & 20 year kid we have in the system out on the ice against the likes of Vegas, St Louis, and Colorado. You can really screw up their development that way. Kinda of like how GMBM has admitted he screwed up with Fowler by giving him too much too soon.

Yes, I know that the jump is big between AHL and NHL. and no, I did not heard this podcast.

Groulx and Eriksson Ek are both 21... at least as a forward you should take some NHL experiences, I not say that he must play 82 or in this season 56 games. but 5-10 games would be okay. so you can see where he has deficits and so he can work on it. And I would be curios to see what I drafted with Eriksson Ek and Dostal, maybe one of them can be a franchise goalie and could be a Gibson trade.

what happened with Guhle, is he that bad or its because injuries? why he never had a shot again?

In All Seriously about Ducks Captain Ryan Getzlaf....Let see IF and I mean IF he decides to hang it up. Who do you think will be the next in line for the Ducks Captaincy?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck

On 4/21/2021 at 11:52 AM, Spike1981 said:

ignoring other opinions, very adult. but thx for the correction.

Filtering opinions after sampling them for a while is very adult.  It's like "master level" adult.  

You think adulting is reading every opinion even after you've had time to determine their value?  Maybe there's part of the issue.

21 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

It's alright, Jas.  My tenor moved to Phoenix, so we could use a 4th if you could squeak out the top notes!

(Spike, maybe you spell it 4rd instead of 4th.  You're welcome to try tenor, also.)

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Did Getzlaf announce his decision on next season and I missed it?

Don't know look me I am just waiting for the Ducks to finish this season and re-evalute the team as well as Rebuild and rejuvenate.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

To be FaaaaaaaiR, the NHL was a lot meaner back then with different rules. That’s what Teemu was saying too. Today’s game is a little more forgiving to size and age but I would say the speed/pace and composer needed is the difference. Drys and Z seem to have that, which made their jump up easier for them.

8 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Don't know look me I am just waiting for the Ducks to finish this season and re-evalute the team as well as Rebuild and rejuvenate.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

They could start at the top by tossing BM overboard, losing most, if not all, of the coaching staff, and doing a complete overhaul of the lineup.

• Like 1

I haven't watched the Getzy interview yet. But listen from the 57 min mark and I heard it loud and clear what BM had planned.... yikes. No spoilers, you gotta hear it for yourself. 

Also note that there's a good amount of swearing. 

Edit: this is an interview before the season started but they just uploaded it. 

Edited by g20topdogg

8 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I haven't watched the Getzy interview yet. But listen from the 57 min mark and I heard it loud and clear what BM had planned.... yikes. No spoilers, you gotta hear it for yourself. 

Also note that there's a good amount of swearing. 

Edit: this is an interview before the season started but they just uploaded it. 

why the frak did i just waste my time listening to this Dehydrated Donkey Dung?