The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

Getzlaf’s Future

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

why the frak did i just waste my time listening to this Dehydrated Donkey Dung?

To be fair, you were instructed to listen from the 57 minute mark (not the entire thing). If you did, you heard what Murray said to Shattenkirk (😱) regarding the team. I too will not spoil what Murray was alleged to have said. Remember, this interview was done before the season started. 

3 hours ago, Fisix said:

why the frak did i just waste my time listening to this Dehydrated Donkey Dung?

Lol you listened to the whole thing? I skipped almost everything waiting to hear anything on Anaheim. From the 57 minute mark is where it's actually relevant to the team. 

since we all seem to not want to spoil what BM said...lol....

I will say that it's not super shocking as he's said that publicly in so many words before but seems to have seen he was wrong. He's definitely used different words more recently that seem a bit more realistic.

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

since we all seem to not want to spoil what BM said...lol....

I will say that it's not super shocking as he's said that publicly in so many words before but seems to have seen he was wrong. He's definitely used different words more recently that seem a bit more realistic.

Exactly. It’s not a spoiler that Murray said that. He might be done with the rebuild but the rebuild isn’t done with him.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

They could start at the top by tossing BM overboard, losing most, if not all, of the coaching staff, and doing a complete overhaul of the lineup.

I AGREE IN BIIIIIIIG HUGE WAY. Ducks are long overdue to need a new  GM.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dukitup said:

To be fair, you were instructed to listen from the 57 minute mark (not the entire thing). If you did, you heard what Murray said to Shattenkirk (😱) regarding the team. I too will not spoil what Murray was alleged to have said. Remember, this interview was done before the season started. 

It's good evidence that Murray was clueless about the competitive state of the team before the season started.  It's beyond time to fire him.  He has been GM for 13 years.  The average tenure for an NHL GM is less than 6 years.  It's less than 5 in Canada. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

Lol you listened to the whole thing? I skipped almost everything waiting to hear anything on Anaheim. From the 57 minute mark is where it's actually relevant to the team. 

No, I just listed from 57 min onwards, but I still don’t think I’m hearing what you’re hearing. I just heard the Shatt say he was being brought in to be a veteran voice (Bieksa 2.0 - though a poor update). What did you all hear?

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

No, I just listed from 57 min onwards, but I still don’t think I’m hearing what you’re hearing. I just heard the Shatt say he was being brought in to be a veteran voice (Bieksa 2.0 - though a poor update). What did you all hear?

It's no secret that Bob thought we could compete for the playoffs. I was just interested in how Shatty worded it. It sounded like Bob after two down years of a "rebuild" wanted to start winning which is why he brought him in. I think it's been fairly obvious from the beginning that this team just wasn't that good. So either our gm has rose colored glasses or we're just not seeing something he's seeing. Either way it's concerning. This team doesn't have much direction right now. But what seems to be the case is that Bob understands that he needs results and soon. That might be very bad for our future depending on what he decides to do. Or our owners are pressing Bob, which again depending on what he does from here on out will affect our team good or bad. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

It's no secret that Bob thought we could compete for the playoffs. I was just interested in how Shatty worded it. It sounded like Bob after two down years of a "rebuild" wanted to start winning which is why he brought him in. I think it's been fairly obvious from the beginning that this team just wasn't that good. So either our gm has rose colored glasses or we're just not seeing something he's seeing. Either way it's concerning. This team doesn't have much direction right now. But what seems to be the case is that Bob understands that he needs results and soon. That might be very bad for our future depending on what he decides to do. Or our owners are pressing Bob, which again depending on what he does from here on out will affect our team good or bad. 

in one of his interviews where he talked about Getz he used the words "rebuild" as in does getz want to be a part of it? So....that's at least a step haha

• Like 1

On 4/25/2021 at 6:20 AM, Jasoaks said:

in one of his interviews where he talked about Getz he used the words "rebuild" as in does getz want to be a part of it? So....that's at least a step haha

nice to hear, that he is a part of it.... let us keep all veterans, trade the kids and call it rebuild. :X

as many games he can be healthy before he get injuried again? in the last past month he almost every week has an injury... if its correct and they are injuries... I don't know how he would like to play an other season... if his injuries are excuse to not have to play with the team, its an other thing to think about...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/24/2021 at 8:45 AM, g20topdogg said:

it is bunch of BS bob wants to have a winning team? he does not know how to spell W 

9 hours ago, Fisix said:

summarize it?  i'm not going to watch it.

he said the same thing I said. Tank the rest of the way for 2 things: to get a better pick and let fire Eakins. and the whole Getzlaf thing, its not disrespect against him if you let him play on the 4th line and give the kids more ice time, we bought out Perry to give him a chance to go to a contender (and btw he almost won the cup last season and this season who knows..).

7 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

he said the same thing I said. Tank the rest of the way for 2 things: to get a better pick and let fire Eakins. and the whole Getzlaf thing, its not disrespect against him if you let him play on the 4th line and give the kids more ice time, we bought out Perry to give him a chance to go to a contender (and btw he almost won the cup last season and this season who knows..).

No

Seeing all these tributes in the final games of Miller & Backes, makes me believe that Getzlaf would not just announce his retirement during the off season.  There would be signs that he was about to hang up the skates, and the Ducks announcers would be mentioning it as a possibility.  I don't think they really have gone in that direction, that I've heard.

I can't say what he's thinking about where to play, but if he wants to stay a Duck for his whole career, he'll sign a 1 or 2 year deal, and all but indicate that it's his last contract.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 1:52 AM, HockeyIzCool said:

Seeing all these tributes in the final games of Miller & Backes, makes me believe that Getzlaf would not just announce his retirement during the off season.  There would be signs that he was about to hang up the skates, and the Ducks announcers would be mentioning it as a possibility.  I don't think they really have gone in that direction, that I've heard.

I can't say what he's thinking about where to play, but if he wants to stay a Duck for his whole career, he'll sign a 1 or 2 year deal, and all but indicate that it's his last contract.

IF that happens I will wear I think it would be better for us Ducks Fans to get ready to bid him farwell.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck