The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

Ryan Miller retiring

After this season...sad to see...but glad he got to be a Duck for a few years and break the most wins by an american-born goalie on Scotty's jersey retirement night!! Happy I got to see that game!!

What a career he's had! We got him one season too late.

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-goaltender-miller-announces-retirement-at-conclusion-of-2020-21-season/c-324147722

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

I wonder if he will play again this season. He has been riding the pine while the team switches between Gibby and Stolarz.

40 minutes ago, nieder said:

I wonder if he will play again this season. He has been riding the pine while the team switches between Gibby and Stolarz.

It'd be nice if they gave him the net for the final home game on Saturday so that his family can come watch him play one last time. Same for Backes.

And Getzlaf. :ph34r:

• Like 4

Between the Covid situation and the team sucking sand in front of him I'm sure Ryan Miller decided this is just not fun anymore. Best of luck to him.

I'm starting to think Getzlaf will retire as well. Especially since the Ducks  have him playing wing while they evaluate their pool of potential replacement centers. Those will be big shoes to fill.

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

It'd be nice if they gave him the net for the final home game on Saturday so that his family can come watch him play one last time. Same for Backes.

I'd be shocked if they don't play him at least one more time, now that he's made that announcement. Saturday's game would make the most sense.

I'm also not convinced Getz is gonna retire this season, too...

Good to see Miller calling it quits...he contributed to the Ducks even we were in rebuild and rejuvenation period right now...But for the 4 years he was here....He did provide steady veteran presence in the backup role and mentorship to John Gibson. Congrats to Millsy on a long storied career.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I felt like they should have done a proper send off for him as well. 

If the ducks don't win anymore games this year I won't be too upset, but they better win it for Miller. I'd like to see him go off on a winning note. Come on ducks give him the send off he deserves!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent goalie. I'm glad to have had him on our team. Too bad he's never won The Cup but an amazing career nonetheless. Thanks for everyting and best of luck. Hopefully the team and the fans can give him a proper goodbye next season. 

• Like 1

I, too, hope it is Saturday... I have tickets!

I'm really a sad sap for these things.  I'll stand and clap until my hands bleed for every "last"... last entrance to the ice, last introduction, last time his defense hangs him to dry, last lap around the ice post game... and I'll also choke up for all of it.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

I'm really a sad sap for these things.  I'll stand and clap until my hands bleed for every "last"... last entrance to the ice, last introduction, last time his defense hangs him to dry, last lap around the ice post game... and I'll also choke up for all of it.

For Somone like him that contributed so much in the Sport....I won't surprise if Ducks or any NHL Team offers him Front Office Job.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, gotchabari said:

LMAO. Stand and applaud this.

32 minutes ago, nieder said:

LMAO. Stand and applaud this.

Miller will be Starting for the Ducks on Sat this week So be Loud and Be Proud.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Miller will be Starting for the Ducks on Sat this week So be Loud and Be Proud.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

ohhhh is this confirmed????? or is this more of the "it would make the most sense..." and "we're all expecting it..." like moving best actor to be the last category thinking Chadwick Boseman was gonna win...

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

ohhhh is this confirmed????? or is this more of the "it would make the most sense..." and "we're all expecting it..." like moving best actor to be the last category thinking Chadwick Boseman was gonna win...

It was Confirm on Twitter by Elliott Teaford.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

It was Confirm on Twitter by Elliott Teaford.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

yyyyeeeeessss!!!!! love it :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nieder said:

For those not on Twitter:

Tonites the Night...Ducks should Win this one for Miller.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck