The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ChopSuey

Seems we are stuck with Bob

2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I'm all in favor of hiring Yzerman as our GM. However, something tells me he is not available....

oh yes, same haha

35 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

While on the contrary to our 2007 cup team....Tampa drafted....

Vasilevskiy, Stamkos, Point, Palat, Kucherov, Killorn, Hedman, Colton, Cirelli....im sure more but that was just what stood out to me

They have been somewhat of an outlier with the number of guys they drafted being their core.  But even with that, look at the guys they acquired, many very key to their success the last two seasons:

Sergachev, McDonagh, Cernak, Gourde, Goodrow, Coleman, Johnson, Maroon

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Because accumulating late 1st and 2nd/3rd rounders isn’t helping the Ducks to build a core. How many Larssons, Steels, Joneses, Lundestroms, and Traceys do we need to draft before it becomes obvious that the Ducks aren’t building a core with late picks?

Bob also now has Jeff Solomon whispering in his ear, “hey, I have TWO Cups because Dean had the balls to trade for Justin Williams, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Willie Mitchell, Matt Greene and Jarret Stoll.”

Brayden Point was a 3rd round pick in 2014.  Perry and Getzlaf were late first round picks in 2003.  Yes, that was a deep draft, but next year is expected to be one also.  Every pick doesn't have to become a star, but the more you have the better chance you have of landing gems like Perry, Getzlaf and Point.   Murray hasn't done ANY trading of 28+ year old veterans for significant picks and/or prospects in 3 seasons of missing the playoffs.  I expressed frustration over this at the trade deadline and the response was: "Teams aren't willing to make trades for veterans right now because they would have to protect them in the expansion draft.  After the expansion draft the market to sell veteran players will improve."  

And just as expected, Murray did absolutely nothing following the expansion draft to trade for the future....  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CAsFirstCup said:

Brayden Point was a 3rd round pick in 2014.  Perry and Getzlaf were late first round picks in 2003.  Yes, that was a deep draft, but next year is expected to be one also.  Every pick doesn't have to become a star, but the more you have the better chance you have of landing gems like Perry, Getzlaf and Point.   Murray hasn't done ANY trading of 28+ year old veterans for significant picks and/or prospects in 3 seasons of missing the playoffs.  I expressed frustration over this at the trade deadline and the response was: "Teams aren't willing to make trades for veterans right now because they would have to protect them in the expansion draft.  After the expansion draft the market to sell veteran players will improve."  

And just as expected, Murray did absolutely nothing following the expansion draft to trade for the future....  

The lack of trading away some of the players by Bob is kind of strange especially considering the market for some of these guys who've been traded by other teams. 

1 hour ago, CAsFirstCup said:

Yeppppp! Murray's attachment to his veterans is bizarre (unless it's Cogliano apparently). If he wants to move players for additional picks in 2022 rather than 2021, then ok but I think he still believes in this group despite three years of evidence. Yet, he'll throw players under bus for not wanting it enough or whatever he says at his end of season interview as to deflect responsibility.

I think that the Ducks are going to get Eichel because Murray truly believes that one or two players will make this a playoff team and to have fans stop calling for him to be fired all season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAsFirstCup said:

I was definitely one of those one saying "wait till after the ED" and i'm here now....saying...well...let's see who we have come October lol but my patience in getting thinner....i know for trades they don't NEED to happen right away, but I feel like as the other teams shore up their rosters our players who have good trade value become more useless....

But also, not worthy trades are also good to not pull the trigger on...could also be other teams lowballing him a lot. Manson, Gibson, even FrenchyD.

A little bit of me is hoping BM will pull some sort of Michael Corleone Godfather move and all in one swoop, baptism style, all the major moves happen lol

20 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

The lack of trading away some of the players by Bob is kind of strange especially considering the market for some of these guys who've been traded by other teams. 

His Silence is not strange but not surprising. He goes with the status quo or as I call it "Developing Within" in Regard to Ducks Players and Prospects.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 7/29/2021 at 8:35 PM, dtsdlaw said:

Because accumulating late 1st and 2nd/3rd rounders isn’t helping the Ducks to build a core. How many Larssons, Steels, Joneses, Lundestroms, and Traceys do we need to draft before it becomes obvious that the Ducks aren’t building a core with late picks?

Bob also now has Jeff Solomon whispering in his ear, “hey, I have TWO Cups because Dean had the balls to trade for Justin Williams, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Willie Mitchell, Matt Greene and Jarret Stoll.”

Nailed it! To bad Solomon isn't the GM now. 😥

57 minutes ago, DuckRogers13 said:

Nailed it! To bad Solomon isn't the GM now. 😥

He is the Ducks Assistant GM I mean a one of Trio of Assistant GM's....Wonder IF he is giving Stubborn Bob some advice to be in on the Eichel "Saga".

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

51 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

He is the Ducks Assistant GM I mean a one of Trio of Assistant GM's....Wonder IF he is giving Stubborn Bob some advice to be in on the Eichel "Saga".

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

The interesting thing about Solomon is that he was part of a Kings organization that actually committed to a rebuild by moving out veteran players, which Murray has refused to do, over the last 2+ years.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 7:31 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

The interesting thing about Solomon is that he was part of a Kings organization that actually committed to a rebuild by moving out veteran players, which Murray has refused to do, over the last 2+ years.

Why Do you think I call him "Stubborn Bob" not Ducks GM Bob Murray from here on now.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 7/29/2021 at 9:52 PM, HockeyIzCool said:

Getzlaf was our big off season UFA signing.  Bob's going on vacation now until training camp opens.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:01 AM, MooseDuck said:

I disagree.....and I am interested to see what he does next.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

26 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Well?.....Anything for YOU to say about Anaheim Ducks...OUR TEAM?

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

8 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Well?.....Anything for YOU to say about Anaheim Ducks...OUR TEAM?

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Sure.  With all the countless moves made during the off season, you would think that OUR TEAM won the Stanley Cup last year, rather than finishing with the 2nd worst record in the league.

OUR TEAM will be lucky to break 75 points this season.

No worries.  I'm NEVER going to convince you of this.  At least not until perhaps March, when OUR TEAM is 15 points out of the final playoff spot.

I know that you're Canadian, and Canadians have a reputation for being HARD on their hockey teams when they're not performing.  Like ripping them to shreds hard.  It's one thing to be optimistic about the Ducks, when they either have a roster that's shown it can compete, or if they upgrade that roster during the off season, bringing in quality players who might bring skills, enthusiasm or energy to the clubhouse.  Please do share what BM did these past few months to make you think this season is going to be significantly different from the last?

A better question would be, how deep is next year's draft?  And what are the Ducks' chances of sucking more than the worst teams in the league over the next 8 months, even though they'll probably end up being the only team to fall a spot in the lottery?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Sure.  With all the countless moves made during the off season, you would think that OUR TEAM won the Stanley Cup last year, rather than finishing with the 2nd worst record in the league.

No worries.  I'm NEVER going to convince you of this.  At least not until perhaps March, when OUR TEAM is 15 points out of the final playoff spot.

I know that you're Canadian, and Canadians have a reputation for being HARD on their hockey teams when they're not performing.  Like ripping them to shreds hard.  It's one thing to be optimistic about the Ducks, when they either have a roster that's shown it can compete, or if they upgrade that roster during the off season, bringing in quality players who might bring skills, enthusiasm or energy to the clubhouse.  Please do share what BM did these past few months to make you think this season is going to be significantly different from the last?

A better question would be, how deep is next year's draft?  And what are the Ducks' chances of sucking more than the worst teams in the league over the next 8 months, even though they'll probably end up being the only team to fall a spot in the lottery?

It's hard to tell where the Ducks Finish for this season HIC.....I don't beleive in Predicitions...For you to give up on them is disappointing...Me I always take the wait and see apporach...You Stubborn attiude is very noticed by me.

BTW....Don't think I notice your SARCASM!

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Edited by MooseDuck

10 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

That's what bugs me most. We'll probably be bad but we're never bad enough to end up with the top pick. There will always be teams who succeed in being worse than us. The sabres, kraken, the devils, the coyotes... come to mind. 

3 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

That's what bugs me most. We'll probably be bad but we're never bad enough to end up with the top pick. There will always be teams who succeed in being worse than us. The sabres, kraken, the devils, the coyotes... come to mind. 

Which is why this "Tanking" Nonsense is Absolute BS imho.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

8 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

The article states a BIG move the Ducks could make is to acquire Eichel. Unless one has just emerged from a cave, like within the last 24 hours, everyone knows the Ducks are trying to do exactly that.

Tanking is not something a good team does in order to score a high draft pick.  Tanking is something a lousy team does, when they're already going to finish 15 points out of a playoff spot, and could make the difference between a Top 5 pick and a pick in the teens.

The whole topic is stupid and irrelevant though, since NO PLAYERS OR CLUB are going to go out there and try to lose games.  There is ZERO incentive for any player to do so, since they are playing for themselves, and always looking ahead to their next contract.  Their performance is going to impact how much they stand to get paid, and same goes with the coaching staff, etc.  Not to mention that just because a fan roots for a team to lose, is not going to have an impact on how poorly they do.  The Ducks played as lousy last season in the games they played at Honda Center with fans in attendance, as they did in the games without them.

Fact remains, at this moment, the Ducks are essentially the exact same team as last year.  Unless one expects guys like Zegras & Drysdale to suddenly become superstars, the results should be more or less the same.  That is why Vegas odds right now are 15,000 to 1 for the Ducks winning the Cup.  So if you're even the slightest bit optimistic, I suggest putting money down on them immediately.  The possibility of winning $15,000 for a $1 bet is pretty unbelievable.

I tend to more believe the article I read, which is that the Ducks will use this season to unload players, one by one.  Guys like Rakell, Manson, Lindholm, Gibson, have more trade value now than they will once it's apparent the Ducks are desperate to get rid of them, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some moves early in the season.  And given the fact Getzlaf only signed a 1 year deal, I can see him being traded as well, if the Ducks can get something decent in return.  His comments at his last signing gave me no assurance that he intends to keep sitting around, while the Ducks flounder.  I doubt he wants his legacy to be that he was on a last place club for the final years of his career.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Tanking is not something a good team does in order to score a high draft pick.  Tanking is something a lousy team does, when they're already going to finish 15 points out of a playoff spot, and could make the difference between a Top 5 pick and a pick in the teens.

The whole topic is stupid and irrelevant though, since NO PLAYERS OR CLUB are going to go out there and try to lose games.  There is ZERO incentive for any player to do so, since they are playing for themselves, and always looking ahead to their next contract.  Their performance is going to impact how much they stand to get paid, and same goes with the coaching staff, etc.  Not to mention that just because a fan roots for a team to lose, is not going to have an impact on how poorly they do.  The Ducks played as lousy last season in the games they played at Honda Center with fans in attendance, as they did in the games without them.

Fact remains, at this moment, the Ducks are essentially the exact same team as last year.  Unless one expects guys like Zegras & Drysdale to suddenly become superstars, the results should be more or less the same.  That is why Vegas odds right now are 15,000 to 1 for the Ducks winning the Cup.  So if you're even the slightest bit optimistic, I suggest putting money down on them immediately.  The possibility of winning $15,000 for a $1 bet is pretty unbelievable.

I tend to more believe the article I read, which is that the Ducks will use this season to unload players, one by one.  Guys like Rakell, Manson, Lindholm, Gibson, have more trade value now than they will once it's apparent the Ducks are desperate to get rid of them, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some moves early in the season.  And given the fact Getzlaf only signed a 1 year deal, I can see him being traded as well, if the Ducks can get something decent in return.  His comments at his last signing gave me no assurance that he intends to keep sitting around, while the Ducks flounder.  I doubt he wants his legacy to be that he was on a last place club for the final years of his career.

I agree our Ducks remain the same...BUT imho Tanking which some Ducks Fans and Hockey fans want is the most stupidest idea ever......I can think of Ottawa years ago Tanking to get player only years later turn out to be dud or had no interest or love for the sport....It's BS and pointless. Clearly our Ducks are more focus on staying the course....strategy of as I call it "Developing within".

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I believe they're +15000, not 15000:1. In the betting world +15000 means you win $15K with a $100 bet, so it's more like 150:1. 

3 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

I want to know what the hell Bob told Getz to convince him to return this year. It can't have been "I'm going to make the team better" because the evidence speaks for itself.

1 hour ago, nieder said:

I want to know what the hell Bob told Getz to convince him to return this year. It can't have been "I'm going to make the team better" because the evidence speaks for itself.

After the season Getzlaf had last year (and yes, there are plenty of mitigating factors, but 17 points is 17 points), it was probably something like this:

BM: "Getzy, we want you back.  We need your leadership and your experience.  We'd love for you to mentor Zegras.  You will stabilize our lineup and provide much needed wisdom in the locker room."

Getzlaf: "Like hell I will.  I've tested the market and I could go out right now and get $2.5 million from a contender."

BM: "We'll pay you $4.5 million."

Getzlaf: "Where do I sign?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nieder said:

The Way i see Stubborn Bob is in abit of Holding Pattern...Don't know why but typical of him.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

21 hours ago, gilligoos said:

I believe they're +15000, not 15000:1. In the betting world +15000 means you win $15K with a $100 bet, so it's more like 150:1. 

I figured I had to be wrong about that.

But 150-1 doesn't sound as worth it.  I imagine once the season starts, that will drop.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:42 PM, Gorbachav55 said:

After the season Getzlaf had last year (and yes, there are plenty of mitigating factors, but 17 points is 17 points), it was probably something like this:

BM: "Getzy, we want you back.  We need your leadership and your experience.  We'd love for you to mentor Zegras.  You will stabilize our lineup and provide much needed wisdom in the locker room."

Getzlaf: "Like hell I will.  I've tested the market and I could go out right now and get $2.5 million from a contender."

BM: "We'll pay you $4.5 million."

Getzlaf: "Where do I sign?"

Shall I give you a Nickname since you have foreseen what Stubborn Bob and Ducks Captain Getz were talking about j/k.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

It's no secret that I think both Murray and Eakins have to go.  However, Eakins gets back on my good side with this quote in Stephens' latest piece at The Athletic.

“I know that players do this on their own or maybe they’re being encouraged,” Eakins said. “It’s been one of my rules since I started being a head coach. If you’re going to dive, we’re going to have a problem. It’s the most disgusting thing in the game to me. I would rather somebody cross-check me in the face than dive. That’s not happening here with our team.”

Music to my ears.  I give Eakins until the first time he plays Jacob Larsson in the regular season before I think bad thoughts about him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is, unsolicited, a representative, but by no means complete, list of players I'd like to see start over Jacob Larsson at LD:

Cam Fowler, Hampus Lindholm, Josh Mahura, Brendan Guhle, Kodie Curran, Simon Benoit, Scott Niedermayer, Sandis Ozolinsh, Trevor Zegras, Bobby Orr, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, my grandmother, Bryan Allen, Bono, your grandmother, the Pope, Dionne Warwick, Deion Sanders, and Dion Phaneuf.  In roughly that order.

Please, Eakins, no Larsson.

• Haha 2