Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ChopSuey

Seems we are stuck with Bob

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

One of my favorite facts: Ducks don't have a 50-point player in the last three seasons.

Well to be fair, the last two were shortened seasons. BUT to be far less fair I believe we're one of only like two or three teams....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Kids a good hockey player , had some strong games last year at the end of the season. Why would we even risk waivers with him? Head scratcher for sure. Apparently if you show any type of offensive output you’re going to get sent down.

I think he scored pretty easily against the sharks. Wouildn't be surprised if they claimed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I think he scored pretty easily against the sharks. Wouildn't be surprised if they claimed him.

Would not surprise any of us at all.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

Kids a good hockey player , had some strong games last year at the end of the season. Why would we even risk waivers with him? Head scratcher for sure. Apparently if you show any type of offensive output you’re going to get sent down.

Because each team is limited on roster spots.  So unless they're on a two-way contract, which isn't the case at a certain age/seniority, you must be put on waivers to move down.  We have more forwards than slots, and only two remaining that don't require waiving. Groulx is one of those that doesn't need to be waived, and he's actually looking like he may very well get a spot.

The nice thing is that all teams are in this position at the beginning of the year, and MOST seem to respect other teams and not use the opportunities to nab someone, lest it come back and bite them in the bottom later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gotchabari said:

Because each team is limited on roster spots.  So unless they're on a two-way contract, which isn't the case at a certain age/seniority, you must be put on waivers to move down.  We have more forwards than slots, and only two remaining that don't require waiving. Groulx is one of those that doesn't need to be waived, and he's actually looking like he may very well get a spot.

The nice thing is that all teams are in this position at the beginning of the year, and MOST seem to respect other teams and not use the opportunities to nab someone, lest it come back and bite them in the bottom later on.

He was stapled to the bench last night in the 3rd.  Played like 3 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tommer-1 said:

He was stapled to the bench last night in the 3rd.  Played like 3 minutes.

That's not unusual for 4th liners and rookies in a 3rd period where we're behind, though.  I still think his stock is climbing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CharlieConway said:

Ducks passing on Kaliyev will haunt this franchise for years.

Absolute bonehead decision to pass on this kid.  

 

I would disagree....Ducks taking Zegras was blessing.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gotchabari said:

That's not unusual for 4th liners and rookies in a 3rd period where we're behind, though.  I still think his stock is climbing.  

During the regular season when there are standings points at stake, sure. But in a preseason game?? Makes zero sense to me. Why wouldn’t they play all the bubble guys in that situation to see who rises (or sinks) to the occasion?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

I would disagree....Ducks taking Zegras was blessing.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I was talking about the later first round pick when Artie fell.

 

Zegras and Artie were awesome together in the world jrs too. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

During the regular season when there are standings points at stake, sure. But in a preseason game?? Makes zero sense to me. Why wouldn’t they play all the bubble guys in that situation to see who rises (or sinks) to the occasion?

In that specific situation, it reeks of "over-coaching". Jmo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CharlieConway said:

I was talking about the later first round pick when Artie fell.

 

Zegras and Artie were awesome together in the world jrs too. 

 

 

The Ducks ACTIVELY avoided drafting Kaliyev.  It was even a miss or a matter of not reaching.  He was a late first-round predicted pick, and the second best goal scorer in the draft, just behind Caufield.

I still don't get it.  Maybe Kaliyev will never pan out, and the "issues" that were never really discussed that had him drop in the draft will keep him from becoming a good NHL player/goal scorer.  But right now, he looks like a guy who knows how to beat goaltenders.

 

He is 1000% more developed/ready at this point than Tracey.  Zegras/Kaliyev, McTavish/Perreault would have been pretty interesting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CharlieConway said:

I was talking about the later first round pick when Artie fell.

 

Zegras and Artie were awesome together in the world jrs too. 

 

 

Sorry about that.....I am perfectly find with Z-man I can understand what you wanted our Ducks to do.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Haydn Fleury is slated to skate on Seattle’s top pair with Giordano to start the season. [sigh]

Well, at least we didn’t lose Sam Steel in the expansion draft! <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Looks like Haydn Fleury is slated to skate on Seattle’s top pair with Giordano to start the season. [sigh]

Well, at least we didn’t lose Sam Steel in the expansion draft! <_<

And thank God we exposed Fleury, otherwise Seattle might have selected Volkov or Milano.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gorbachav55 said:

And thank God we exposed Fleury, otherwise Seattle might have selected Volkov or Milano.

hahaha oh so good...so good......

12 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Well, at least we didn’t lose Sam Steel in the expansion draft! 

i would absolutely still bet that if/when the Ducks get rid of Steel...he absolutely flourishes on his new team....as long as he's still on the right side of 26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2021 at 2:11 AM, Gorbachav55 said:

And thank God we exposed Fleury, otherwise Seattle might have selected Volkov or Milano.

Still Beleive Ducks should have send Volkov and Milano to Seattle in exchange for a Higher Pick.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2021 at 8:20 AM, Jasoaks said:

hahaha oh so good...so good......

i would absolutely still bet that if/when the Ducks get rid of Steel...he absolutely flourishes on his new team....as long as he's still on the right side of 26

I agree. I do see something in him that hasn’t been tapped into yet. I feel like he will become a player similar to Marchant or Cogs. He just has t figured it out yet. He never will if he is in the press box. Play him in the 4th line or send him down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...