The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ChopSuey

Seems we are stuck with Bob

3 minutes ago, Fisix said:

don't overthink it.  solomon's a relatively inexpensive hire for what he's going to be asked to do, at least initially, which is replace mcnab.  his so-called mutual split from the kings sounds like the nice way to say that the kings want to move things around in the executive branch a bit as they try to exit their rebuild.  we really need to see who they replace him with.  

i'm not convinced this is a lead into some big shake up with the ducks.  and, i'm not all that optimistic about his performance prospects...  i'm still trying to figure out what sutter did for us for a year.

yeah same lol

I'm much more looking for something that's an obvious shake up...like...firing the assistants....BM stepping aside as GM...ya know, things I can understand haha big things! A giant trade that brings Draisitle and Eichel to us and Oilers and Sabres retain 50% salary lol

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, gorbachav5 said:

I'm not sure why you said "except" there.  I intimated as much in my comment where I said that "we have no idea what kind of GM Madden will be."  I am NOT really in favor of simply handing the job to Madden because we don't know how he'll adapt to that role.  I guess that they made him an assistant GM to teach him some of those aspects of the job, but that doesn't mean he'll be good at them.

I don't want the Ducks looking for outside people just for the sake of it, but I also don't think that things have been so good internally that hiring from within is the best way to go.  All things equal, I'd rather they bring in someone new and break up the insular culture.

Or as i see....Getting out of their Comfort Zone. For the Ducks It should be PART of their Shake Up. Insular Culture?.....more like quasi Cliq if you ask me.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

10 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

In news that should surprise absolutely no one

I also love the announcement of saying "I will return as GM" like...basically saying "after a long a hard thought process and lots of considerations...ive' decided to keep me hired!"

• Haha 2

On 5/17/2021 at 6:35 PM, RobD360 said:

I agree. Bob is ultra conservative and takes no risks. He can only see what is in his own cup at the moment but fails to see  the potential in making moves to achieve the optimum results. My assumption is that He shrivels up when another GM counters his initial proposals. He lacks the art of the GM deal making.

He is too anxious to make the Trade or Finalize it...Bob is too Stubborn to ensure our Ducks are rejuvenated. His stubborness MAKES HIM not worthy of Ducks General Managership.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

"Top-6 forwards, we have to add to that. [...] there's two ways to do that - trade and draft."

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

"Top-6 forwards, we have to add to that. [...] there's two ways to do that - trade and draft."

WELL DUH there Bob.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

WELL DUH there Bob.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I actually transcribed that comment because I found it shocking that he didn't include the third way you can add a top-6 forward - FREE AGENCY.

I guess that explains why Bob never brought in a decent LW for Getzlaf and Perry to play with for all of those years. Someone needs to tell him that there are top-6 forwards available each and every year in free agency. He doesn't need to just troll the scrap heaps for 4th line grinders and reclamation projects like Dany Heatley. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

I actually transcribed that comment because I found it shocking that he didn't include the third way you can add a top-6 forward - FREE AGENCY.

I guess that explains why Bob never brought in a decent LW for Getzlaf and Perry to play with for all of those years. Someone needs to tell him that there are top-6 forwards available each and every year in free agency. He doesn't need to just troll the scrap heaps for 4th line grinders and reclamation projects like Dany Heatley. 

Or allow some of Ducks Youth to fight up hill battle......Let's be clear the ingredients are needed...Youth(Eagerness) and Experince(Self-Accountablity).

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

7 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I think the bigger takeaway from the clip is that Murray is putting the burden on the players and once again throwing them under the bus for the team's problems. He still doesn't acknowledge that he's the architect of this but I guess he's not going to start taking responsibility now. He talks about a plan and how players the core players need to buy in and embrace it. The 64 million dollar question I've been wanting an answer to is: What is this grand plan? There doesn't seem to be one. The other issue is whether the players that he expects that from are even able to do it. Did he expect Steel, Jones, Terry to have the impact of Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and is frustrated that they aren't those players?

The quote about drafting a defensemen (or BPA) with our first round pick makes sense and would at least signal that he's going to start shipping out the horde of defensemen that he's stockpiled (as much as it probably pains him). Lindholm and/or Manson should be on the block and can be used to try and bring a scoring forward if he wants to go that route. I'll take a Brandt Clarke and be content if that's what he decides to do.

Definitely sounds like the assistants will be replaced. He hinted at it, especially the powerplay, a number of times. Getting creative to go to the tough areas and draw penalties is a goal as well.

Ducks have missed the playoffs 3 straight years, and haven't won a playoff series in 4. Watching the last Habs/Leafs game, I was struck by the comment Toronto has not won a playoff series in 17 years. We've been really spoiled  imo. I'm as frustrated as anybody with our current situation, but realistically I didn't expect Murray/Eakins to be fired. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dukitup said:

Ducks have missed the playoffs 3 straight years, and haven't won a playoff series in 4. Watching the last Habs/Leafs game, I was struck by the comment Toronto has not won a playoff series in 17 years. We've been really spoiled  imo. I'm as frustrated as anybody with our current situation, but realistically I didn't expect Murray/Eakins to be fired. 

People will go to Toronto games even if the team is 0-82-0.

There's hardly any extreme demand for Ducks tickets, even when they're winning playoff series.

More of the same.  Honda Center is going to be a ghost town next season.  Going from $75 tickets to $25 tickets probably was not wise.  I think that after 25 years, next season will be my last as a SSH.

On 5/28/2021 at 9:09 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Imo, it’s the right strategy and at least he’s not inclined to move our 1st round pick.

Get him on track with another team before he walks in free agency lol.

I can´t stand BM anymore. Talk about throwing players under the bus while you bring in one of the worst coaches in the league. Seems everybody is responsible except him. Best part is him saying I don´t know what´s wrong. You´re the GM, you have to know. Basically he´s saying I don´t know what I´m doing. 

If I were Rakell I´d gladly leave this team. Watch him light it up on any team as long as it´s not The Ducks. 

BM has become a joke. I can handle one extra year of sucking as long as players (Rakell, Gibson) don´t ask to leave because of it and that we end up with a good draft pick.

Then I hope BM finally walks or gets fired. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I can´t stand BM anymore. Talk about throwing players under the bus while you bring in one of the worst coaches in the league. Seems everybody is responsible except him. Best part is him saying I don´t know what´s wrong. You´re the GM, you have to know. Basically he´s saying I don´t know what I´m doing. 

If I were Rakell I´d gladly leave this team. Watch him light it up on any team as long as it´s not The Ducks. 

BM has become a joke. I can handle one extra year of sucking as long as players (Rakell, Gibson) don´t ask to leave because of it and that we end up with a good draft pick.

Every year BM throws this team under the bus. He’s refused to take responsibility for his bad moves or lack of moves. So sick of this guy. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Rakell likely won't ask for a trade since he can just walk at the end of the year but who knows with Gibson since he's signed long-term. Murray sounds like he wants to keep Rakell and thinks he's going to magically find his 30-goal form with this team lol. Given what Murray said, I see Rakell being moved at the deadline for less than what he would get this offseason unless the Ducks noticeably overpay for him. 

The silver lining is that Murray's under the bus throwing days are numbered, imo, with only one more year left on his contract.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Every year BM throws this team under the bus. He’s refused to take responsibility for his bad moves or lack of moves. So sick of this guy. 

We all are including yours truly....All Ducks Fans want to see results plain and simple not all this same old same old Excuses.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

19 hours ago, Maggie said:

NO, Marray MUST Go! He's had Too Much Time to get things Done. Needs to be Replaced. Old broken down System.

I concur!

Bob sugar coat a message every year this year he is looking for an extension I trust that he will NOT get it because we need LEADERSHIP.

There is no accountability, He made the players worse not better the PP in in last place or close to it since the last coach, that is a long time to suffer.

There is no excitement or fun in the players faces look at Carolina they are having a great time.   

In other words, We need a change.

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Rakell likely won't ask for a trade since he can just walk at the end of the year but who knows with Gibson since he's signed long-term. Murray sounds like he wants to keep Rakell and thinks he's going to magically find his 30-goal form with this team lol. Given what Murray said, I see Rakell being moved at the deadline for less than what he would get this offseason unless the Ducks noticeably overpay for him. 

The silver lining is that Murray's under the bus throwing days are numbered, imo, with only one more year left on his contract.

Yeah, but what happens when Executive Vice President Bob Murray decides that General Manager Bob Murray should get a 3-year contract extension? :P

The thing about Rakell is that he is CLEARLY one of the veteran players who has embraced playing with and developing the younger players, which Bob says he wants. Rakell-Comtois was a magical duo at times this season, and Rakell has also busted his hump with Steel and Lundy centering him the past two seasons. The pucks just aren't going in for him, but I get the feeling Bob thinks (rightly so) that's at least partly because the offensive scheme is not getting these guys in the right spots to get the easy goals. I'd be surprised if Rakell is dealt this summer, but I agree that if he's still struggling to pot goals by mid-November with a new PP coach and offensive scheme, then I think he's a mid-season hockey trade in the making.

34 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Yeah, but what happens when Executive Vice President Bob Murray decides that General Manager Bob Murray should get a 3-year contract extension? :P

The thing about Rakell is that he is CLEARLY one of the veteran players who has embraced playing with and developing the younger players, which Bob says he wants. Rakell-Comtois was a magical duo at times this season, and Rakell has also busted his hump with Steel and Lundy centering him the past two seasons. The pucks just aren't going in for him, but I get the feeling Bob thinks (rightly so) that's at least partly because the offensive scheme is not getting these guys in the right spots to get the easy goals. I'd be surprised if Rakell is dealt this summer, but I agree that if he's still struggling to pot goals by mid-November with a new PP coach and offensive scheme, then I think he's a mid-season hockey trade in the making.

Then the Samuelis should just come out and say that Bob really owns the team, not them!

I'm not sure to what extent Rakell embraces that role more than it is him making the best of a bad situation while he's under contract. If Rakell wants to win and contend sooner then that's going to be somewhere else and he's going to get paid more on his next deal regardless of where he signs. I agree that he's not going anywhere this summer after what Murray said but I don't think that's the best move. If he doesn't want to then he should be moved this offseason for more value rather than at deadline. I just can't trust Murray's assessment of this team and want to believe, even though it's probably not true, that he doesn't have full-reign to do what ever he wants with only one year left on his contract lol.

13 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I hope so. He's allowed to throw 2 guys under the bus. Himself and Eakins. Or he should redeem himself by having an extremely solid summer but I seriously doubt that.

why everybody wants BM out? what are your points? Fowlers contract? okay its a very bad contract yes. sign Shatt and think we are a playoff team, maybe too hopefull, but if Steel, Jones, Lundestrom would make a step, why not... only Comtois and Terry made a step forward from the youngs.

handling with Henrique I think was a good move waive him to shuttle the team, and Henrique played better after that, almost no risk that an other team take that contract. the Theodore move was nice, we were in the contender window and not wanted to lose Vatanen/Manson. could be why he still stick with Larsson, he may afraid to trade again a young defender...

don't forget the trades he made are at most good trades, especially this season (Hutton, Fleury). the Kase and Montour trade were good moves. Kesler was a good move, Eaves was an unhappy move.

first I was angry why he not traded away some vets, but the draft class 2021 is like a lottery, better to take draft picks for 2022. but he did a lot good things, some bad things in 13 years, but that is business and every GM makes weak moves..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/28/2021 at 3:26 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

In news that should surprise absolutely no one

Reading this shows absolute Stubborness of Bob...personally It did not surprise me one bit. I hope they might right decisons but I will be skeptical this offseason.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Geoff Ward hired by the Ducks. Presumably to take Morrison's spot. Not a bad hire IMO. He has NHL head coaching experience. He previously ran the PPs in New Jersey and Calgary. His PP trademark seems to be varying zone entries as much as possible so as to avoid predictability. The articles I've skimmed indicate that he has used a variety of different set-ups, some with guys shooting from their off-sides for quick one-timers and some with them on their strong sides to increase vertical puck  movement to get the goalie to constantly change his depth in the crease. 

I also like that we now have Ward and Dineen in the organization. Either guy can take over the HC duties if/when Eakins falters (again).   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Geoff Ward hired by the Ducks. Presumably to take Morrison's spot. Not a bad hire IMO. He has NHL head coaching experience. He previously ran the PPs in New Jersey and Calgary. His PP trademark seems to be varying zone entries as much as possible so as to avoid predictability. The articles I've skimmed indicate that he has used a variety of different set-ups, some with guys shooting from their off-sides for quick one-timers and some with them on their strong sides to increase vertical puck  movement to get the goalie to constantly change his depth in the crease. 

I also like that we now have Ward and Dineen in the organization. Either guy can take over the HC duties if/when Eakins falters (again).   

*fingers crossed*

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Looks to me our Ducks have set up temp line of sucession. I am very Pleased Ducks have hired Ward to address the PowerPlay.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck