The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ChopSuey

Seems we are stuck with Bob

2 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

not to the Ducks, hopefully. 

Just curious, what would it take to lure Alexander Barkov from Florida?

Why would anyone pay top dollar for a guy with a herniated disk in his neck,  Give me Sam Reinhart for a 1/3 the price 

p.s. Bring on Barkov  love him  Just researched this.  Barkov has a NTC with contract ending 2021.  He wouldn't want to come to a rebuild.  He will want a Stanley Cup before his career is over and it wouldn't be with the Ducks in our time frame.

Edited by ChopSuey

15 minutes ago, ChopSuey said:

Why would anyone pay top dollar for a guy with a herniated disk in his neck,  Give me Sam Reinhart for a 1/3 the price 

p.s. Bring on Barkov  love him

I would be targeting Reinhart as well, but he's currently on $5.2M and is arbitration eligible so he's not 1/3 the price. Maybe 2/3 the price if you're lucky.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

not to the Ducks, hopefully. 

Just curious, what would it take to lure Alexander Barkov from Florida?

Expensive and perhaps Kings ransom.......IF you ask there are Pros and Cons IF our Ducks decide to pull off a Trade to Get Jack.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

19 minutes ago, MooseDuck said:

Expensive and perhaps Kings ransom.......IF you ask there are Pros and Cons IF our Ducks decide to pull off a Trade to Get Jack.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Moose why in the world would you trade top assets for a guy with a herniated disk in his neck?  Foolish move the team cant afford to chance

Edited by ChopSuey

3 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

Moose why in the world would you trade top assets for a guy with a herniated disk in his neck?  Foolish move the team cant afford to chance

Reason I did this  and create a Vid is dicuss the Pros and Cons of the Ducks Trading for Jack Eichel...YES I am aware of his Health Status and I am very much aware the debate among Ducks Fans on whether or not top assets is important and more then a guy with Herniated Disk in his Neck....i understand the skepticism.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Confused 1

On 6/18/2021 at 10:28 AM, ChopSuey said:

You’re going on and on about this injury like the dude snapped his neck in half. Eichel is a TOP TIER athlete and he’s young. Look at when McDavid broke his leg and it was literally a career threatening injury that he had a new type of surgery on. Have some damn faith. Chances are it doesn’t even happen anyway. And if it does , being bitter about it isn’t going to change anything. If we get Eichel , there isn’t any way anyone should be upset about it. Chances are he’s going to be fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, yeaitsme said:

You’re going on and on about this injury like the dude snapped his neck in half. Eichel is a TOP TIER athlete and he’s young. Look at when McDavid broke his leg and it was literally a career threatening injury that he had a new type of surgery on. Have some damn faith. Chances are it doesn’t even happen anyway. And if it does , being bitter about it isn’t going to change anything. If we get Eichel , there isn’t any way anyone should be upset about it. Chances are he’s going to be fine.

Or it could go badly and we have another Kesler/Eaves type situation where we are paying a player not to play. This team can not afford to do that unlike some teams. People are saying if we make this happen it could shed 2-3 years off the rebuild. BUT if he continues to have issues or becomes a lesser player because of it, we could be adding 2-3 more years to the rebuild due to loss of assists and money being tied up.

Having said that, I am still for it to give this team some spark and excitement to the fans. It’s just risky is what I am saying.

Side note, because I haven’t seen anyone say this. For all we know, we COULD get an Eichel like talent with the #3 pick. Unknown true draft positions  and scouting analysis. We Could end up with an absolute gem. Or a dud for the same reasons. Just saying.

2 hours ago, ike8228 said:

Or it could go badly and we have another Kesler/Eaves type situation where we are paying a player not to play. This team can not afford to do that unlike some teams. People are saying if we make this happen it could shed 2-3 years off the rebuild. BUT if he continues to have issues or becomes a lesser player because of it, we could be adding 2-3 more years to the rebuild due to loss of assists and money being tied up.

Having said that, I am still for it to give this team some spark and excitement to the fans. It’s just risky is what I am saying.

Side note, because I haven’t seen anyone say this. For all we know, we COULD get an Eichel like talent with the #3 pick. Unknown true draft positions  and scouting analysis. We Could end up with an absolute gem. Or a dud for the same reasons. Just saying.

Insurance would pay him, and the salary would go on LTIR and be available once the season starts. Ideal? No. But not crippling from a financial standpoint. 

My more immediate concern with the neck issue is how it will effect his play going forward. 

2 hours ago, ike8228 said:

For all we know, we COULD get an Eichel like talent with the #3 pick. Unknown true draft positions  and scouting analysis. We Could end up with an absolute gem. Or a dud for the same reasons. Just saying.

Very true! But it's all a risk. Drafting will almost always be a risk inherently...but that is almost why an Eichel trade makes the most sense if you're looking at it from a risk stand point. Our #3 pick could either be a dud or a superstar...could also either be very injury prone or the next cogliano. ....Eichel IS a superstar. But could continue to be injury prone or never again. So, you have a player of mostly unknown (especially with THIS draft) how it'll turn out....and then you have Eichel who, when not injured, is a known entity and that he's VERY good.

To get Eichel, we'll have to give up our best prospects/young players for him. If Eichel gets injured while playing for Ducks, we'll have AHL team on ice. As I stated before, we are a small market team and I don't want ANY $10 mil player on our roster, no matter how good he is.

P.S. Just checked his stats from last season: 2 goals, 16 assists in 21 games, -9 +/- ratio. Not impressive at all. I guess his injury is more serious than Buffalo medical staff claiming.

6 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

To get Eichel, we'll have to give up our best prospects/young players for him. If Eichel gets injured while playing for Ducks, we'll have AHL team on ice. As I stated before, we are a small market team and I don't want ANY $10 mil player on our roster, no matter how good he is.

P.S. Just checked his stats from last season: 2 goals, 16 assists in 21 games, -9 +/- ratio. Not impressive at all. I guess his injury is more serious than Buffalo medical staff claiming.

Ummm...  you do realize you're looking at a guys stats on the BUFFALO SABRES?! Lol show me someone on the ducks even close to that production.... and buffalo was last and we were second to last. I'd give a guy 10 mil if he's that good to earn it. It's like saying, I don't want McDavid. Lol

10 hours ago, ike8228 said:

That's the thing that it is hard to see, IMO. How likely is it to actually shave time off the rebuild? If Zegras, Drysdale, Perreault et were already high end producers in the NHL then it's a different situation. Hockey isn't like the NBA where if you get a star player you can go from awful being in a playoff spot immediately. Look at Eichel's current team or the Oilers who have two players that are better than Eichel and are either missing the playoffs or getting bounced in the first round at best because they can't put a supporting cast around them. GMBM is going to do that lol? Look at the results of the roster that he's constructed, but more importantly his assessment and expectations of it.

I get fans wanting a spark and to be excited but Zegras and Drysdale should give us optimism for the future. I'm not going to feel better about the Ducks missing the playoffs or not being close to winning a Cup because Eichel is on the team.

7 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Very true! But it's all a risk. Drafting will almost always be a risk inherently...but that is almost why an Eichel trade makes the most sense if you're looking at it from a risk stand point. Our #3 pick could either be a dud or a superstar...could also either be very injury prone or the next cogliano. ....Eichel IS a superstar. But could continue to be injury prone or never again. So, you have a player of mostly unknown (especially with THIS draft) how it'll turn out....and then you have Eichel who, when not injured, is a known entity and that he's VERY good.

Agree. Drafting is risky but there's also no way getting around it. If you do not draft well then it doesn't matter if you bring in an Eichel. If the goal is to be a perennial contender then I'm building the Ducks around Zegras, Drysdale, 2021 pick and 2022 pick as giving the best odds of doing that.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2021 at 9:55 PM, yeaitsme said:

And you are a Doctor and you studied where?  BS  Wake up.  If you throw assets around like you talk, Ill bet you have none.

2 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

And you are a Doctor and you studied where?  BS  Wake up.  If you throw assets around like you talk, Ill bet you have none.

Okay, Dr. Gatekeeper.

I think we're gonna need to see your credentials.

Well Bob is working on getting Jack Eichel.....still no news on whether our Ducks will Trade for him or not.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

$10M player is a situation begging to turn into a Kane-Toews, or a McDavid-Draisaitl situation, or our very own Corey Perry who is happily playing in the Stanley Cup Semifinal right this now all the while Ducks are paying him $6.

But then...how do you make star players stay or lure them onto your small-market team? I'd seriously hate to be Bob this off-season. It's a nightmare of a job.

Draft well and develop them well. Shultz is gonna Shultz. Improve, adapt, overcome. A few Niedermayers won't hurt as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aksun said:

$10M player is a situation begging to turn into a Kane-Toews, or a McDavid-Draisaitl situation, or our very own Corey Perry who is happily playing in the Stanley Cup Semifinal right this now all the while Ducks are paying him $6.

But then...how do you make star players stay or lure them onto your small-market team? I'd seriously hate to be Bob this off-season. It's a nightmare of a job.

Draft well and develop them well. Shultz is gonna Shultz. Improve, adapt, overcome. A few Niedermayers won't hurt as well.

We're not paying him 6 mil. It's 6 mill counted against the cap. 

6 hours ago, Aksun said:

It IS a nightmare of a job...but I feel especially bad for Kevyn Adams (sabres GM). His job depends on what happens with Eichel. He hasn't done well so far, even coming in just last year...that Hall signing/trade was pretty bad. If he doesn't get a kings ransom for Eichel... OR if he holds on to Eichel too long and then Eichel stays and doens't pan out with injuries or whatever or then dictates where he can go and they get even LESS...I mean...he's screwed lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChopSuey said:

Actually according to Puckpedia we are only paying him 2 Million (not worth 2 imo)perry.png.5a233af1c7f1df8123f004fff1ead00e.png

That’s next season. He’s still playing in the 2020-21 season. Though, from capfriendly, the cost to us salary wise this year was also $2M. 

Edited by Fisix

1 hour ago, g20topdogg said:

It’s complicated. 

Edited by Fisix

4 hours ago, Fisix said:

That’s next season. He’s still playing in the 2020-21 season. Though, from capfriendly, the cost to us salary wise this year was also $2M. 

Obviously but why would I be concerned about a year that is past (Financially) for the Ducks  Looking ahead

The Perry buyout is pretty simple.

They agreed to pay him $2 mil a season for 4 seasons and made him a free man. So, $8 mil total.

Had he stayed, they only would have paid him last season and this season.  But they would have paid him $8 mil last season and $7 mil this season. $15 mil. So they saved $7 mil in actual money.

He also would have been a $8.625 mil cap hit last season and this season. So he was a $6.265 mil cap hit this season, a $2.625 cap hit last season, and a $2 mil cap hit next season and the following season.

He had built a legacy for himself in ANA, and was having a hard time not living up to it. Murray also didn't make it easier on the twins by finding their replacements, so they could age gracefully.

Perry is still a gamer, and was able to fill a role with DAL and now with MON.  Really, everybody wins in his buyout. It made sense for him as a player, for the Ducks financially and cap-wise. He lost out on some money at the end of his deal, but they still paid a guy $90.4 million over 14 years to bust his ass for the team. Everybody came out on top.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

Obviously but why would I be concerned about a year that is past (Financially) for the Ducks  Looking ahead

because the post you were replying to was about what we are paying him this year to be in the semifinals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

18 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

Actually according to Puckpedia we are only paying him 2 Million (not worth 2 imo)

11 hours ago, tommer-1 said:

The Perry buyout is pretty simple.

They agreed to pay him $2 mil a season for 4 seasons and made him a free man. So, $8 mil total.

Had he stayed, they only would have paid him last season and this season.  But they would have paid him $8 mil last season and $7 mil this season. $15 mil. So they saved $7 mil in actual money.

He also would have been a $8.625 mil cap hit last season and this season. So he was a $6.265 mil cap hit this season, a $2.625 cap hit last season, and a $2 mil cap hit next season and the following season.

He had built a legacy for himself in ANA, and was having a hard time not living up to it. Murray also didn't make it easier on the twins by finding their replacements, so they could age gracefully.

Perry is still a gamer, and was able to fill a role with DAL and now with MON.  Really, everybody wins in his buyout. It made sense for him as a player, for the Ducks financially and cap-wise. He lost out on some money at the end of his deal, but they still paid a guy $90.4 million over 14 years to bust his ass for the team. Everybody came out on top.

I stand corrected then. I was indeed looking at the whale cap hit instead of the real money, thanks for the heads up people! A well-executed hockey buyout and look how well it's turned out for the guy, great to see, and now the end is in sight - just 2 more seasons it's costing us 2 rookies or a 3d-liner roster player, which is manageable. Hope that Kings guy they hired to help in office will help with that too going forward.

And about that nightmare job...

18 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

It IS a nightmare of a job...but I feel especially bad for Kevyn Adams (sabres GM). His job depends on what happens with Eichel. He hasn't done well so far, even coming in just last year...that Hall signing/trade was pretty bad. If he doesn't get a kings ransom for Eichel... OR if he holds on to Eichel too long and then Eichel stays and doens't pan out with injuries or whatever or then dictates where he can go and they get even LESS...I mean...he's screwed lol

A damaged player no matter the talent is not likely to fetch a king's ransom, no? Bergevin got lucky with Perry and his talents because the player was a Hab fan growing up and out of a job to boot, so the price is really nice, but Adams now has a disgruntled player who happens to be the de-facto star of the franchise who is broken, is in disagreement with the management over the injury and likely won't allow the GM to fetch a good deal. As if Buffalo wasn't in a world of hurt already. Our GM may not take a gamble at that asking price - bargain bin only, remember? Top dollar - top chances for GMBM.

Speaking of Worlds and Hurt, all these cap-sites have the current Ducks' roster @ just 6 regular NHLers (Rico, Silf, Raks, Terry, Grant, Des), sure we also have Zegras who's a lock and the D is full on paper (Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Shattenkirk, Fleury, Larsson) not to mention Drysdale as well, but imagine having to negotiate a future-number-retiree contract in Getzlaf and another two full lines of hockey forwards. Yikes. Good luck, Bob.

Thinking of the money Comtois will ask... Lundestrom and Heinen - i'd like to see back. Volkov and Jones - on the fence, but leaning positively. Steel - meh. This summer is likely setting up the next decade for us.

19 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Unless he's dealing with a dumb GM Adams is screwed either way. He can demand all he wants but at the end of the day Eichel's value isn't that high. He's an amazing talent but he's damaged goods. Disgruntled and injured and gets paid 10 mil. Because of the salary a lot of teams are already out. From the moment he said he wanted out, his value went down considerably. And adams probably doesn't want to see Eichel in the east. I can realistically see The Ducks, kings and blue jackets (though they're in the east) in the mix. 

Adams only wins the trade if Eichel can't recover from his injury or when the picks he receives turn out to be some great NHL'ers. There's also the option (the dumb GM option) that somebody overpays. BM offering Zegras + 3rd for example but I can't imagine somebody being that stupid. 

Not to mention he has a dissatisfied Reinhart on the team and perhaps the worst contract in the NHL with skinner.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Unless he's dealing with a dumb GM Adams is screwed either way. He can demand all he wants but at the end of the day Eichel's value isn't that high. He's an amazing talent but he's damaged goods. Disgruntled and injured and gets paid 10 mil. Because of the salary a lot of teams are already out. From the moment he said he wanted out, his value went down considerably. And adams probably doesn't want to see Eichel in the east. I can realistically see The Ducks, kings and blue jackets (though they're in the east) in the mix. 

Adams only wins the trade if Eichel can't recover from his injury or when the picks he receives turn out to be some great NHL'ers. There's also the option (the dumb GM option) that somebody overpays. BM offering Zegras + 3rd for example but I can't imagine somebody being that stupid. 

Not to mention he has a dissatisfied Reinhart on the team and perhaps the worst contract in the NHL with skinner.

Buf is Imploding Slowly and Ducks should do what is needed to ensure the Trade is smart and not give what Adams wants....we know he is desperate GM.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

According to the Athletic, there’s mutual interest for the Ducks to extend Josh Manson. I hope that this is BS but Bob Murray quadrupling down on a terrible, aging roster would be so on brand even without Manson’s recent injury history and decline.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

According to the Athletic, there’s mutual interest for the Ducks to extend Josh Manson. I hope that this is BS but Bob Murray quadrupling down on a terrible, aging roster would be so on brand even without Manson’s recent injury history and decline.

Well the quote from an offseason or two ago, from another NHL GM, was that Bob Murray "loves Manson more than you love your wife."

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tommer-1 said:

Well the quote from an offseason or two ago, from another NHL GM, was that Bob Murray "loves Manson more than you love your wife."

Murray’s love is this team’s pain.

• Confused 1