The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ChopSuey

Seems we are stuck with Bob

I THINK this is where this post should go...  Pretty fair article about questionable trades and the upcoming draft for both the Ducks and Kings.

https://www.sgvtribune.com/2021/07/06/whicker-luke-hughes-could-help-ducks-negotiate-long-road-back/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Belarus said:

I THINK this is where this post should go...  Pretty fair article about questionable trades and the upcoming draft for both the Ducks and Kings.

https://www.sgvtribune.com/2021/07/06/whicker-luke-hughes-could-help-ducks-negotiate-long-road-back/

Just Curious though....IF our Ducks Decide to Draft a D-man....ie LHD. Would this mean one of our D-man who is LHD is expendable or part of Trade?.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Gulls have a new head coach in Joel Bouchard, which is getting a lot of praise and Montreal fans aren’t happy lol. Didn’t even know Dineen was gone. Did I miss an announcement of him not coming back or going somewhere else?

28 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Gulls have a new head coach in Joel Bouchard, which is getting a lot of praise and Montreal fans aren’t happy lol. Didn’t even know Dineen was gone. Did I miss an announcement of him not coming back or going somewhere else?

I don't think Dineen knew, either.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

This is a bit surprising. Bob ticked off the Gulls got bounced by the Condors in the first round of the pseudo-playoffs this past season?

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Read about it...Very happy Ducks Got him....He hone his skills in Q-League with the Armada Hockey Club in Quebec. Welcome to the Ducks Joel.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

If we didn't hire a bunch of new assistants I'd be stoked by this move thinking Dineen is coming up to the big club....but....same....what happened to him?

Yeah, so far it seems like he’s out on his ear. 

For this franchise, this is a bit of a weird release. 

• Like 2

Fun stat...3 years in a row now a team that has fired a coach and put in an interim head coach has made it to the finals.

Also reading more into the Dineen "un-re-sign" ...if BM is looking for the right guy to really develop our prospects to hit their ceiling...does Dineen have any experience with that? I guess Bouchard does in Montreal. I don't know who he has developed though.

Edited by Jasoaks

18 hours ago, Fisix said:

Yeah, so far it seems like he’s out on his ear. 

For this franchise, this is a bit of a weird release. 

Weird...yes but interesting change for the Ducks at their Farm System.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, gotchabari said:

Uh, oh.  BM resigned some Gulls.

Prepare for the incoming thread about these signings not being blockbuster. =(

It's Typical Ducks do this kind of stuff we should not be surprise by these signings.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

2 hours ago, gotchabari said:

If i remember correctly Sam Carrick played pretty well for us for the little bit he was up with the club. He was the Gulls captain right? Or am I thinking of another forward...

22 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

If i remember correctly Sam Carrick played pretty well for us for the little bit he was up with the club. He was the Gulls captain right? Or am I thinking of another forward...

I think so.  And this time it's a one-way contract, so if we need him, he'll stay (or we're trading Grant or something).

56 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

I think so.  And this time it's a one-way contract, so if we need him, he'll stay (or we're trading Grant or something).

This is actually his 3rd consecutive 1-year, 1-way contract. The previous two were for $700K. He apparently got a $50K raise this time to $750K.

Trevor Carrick got the 2-way deal. Guess we know which brother is picking up dinner and drinks tonight for the contract celebration....

Edited by dtsdlaw

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

This is actually his 3rd consecutive 1-year, 1-way contract. The previous two were for $700K. He apparently got a $50K raise this time to $750K.

Trevor Carrick got the 2-way deal. Guess we know which brother is picking up dinner and drinks tonight for the contract celebration....

I guess we know too.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 7/13/2021 at 1:04 PM, gotchabari said:

Yeah, but after Free Agency opens.

Parise, Suter on the open market (or will be July 28). Can’t imagine they’ll be willing to accept post Ducks Perry money, and can’t imagine BM isn’t interested anyway. 

it’s sooooo late, it seems like the Ducks aren’t going to make any acquisitions before the drafts.  I think we’re all just going to wait, except for 1-2 maverick GMs. 

Edited by Fisix

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

Parise, Suter on the open market (or will be July 28). Can’t imagine they’ll be willing to accept post Ducks Perry money, and can’t imagine BM isn’t interested anyway. 

it’s sooooo late, it seems like the Ducks aren’t going to make any acquisitions before the drafts.  I think we’re all just going to wait, except for 1-2 maverick GMs. 

It's the Ducks M.O to Wait There is nothing new.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

15 hours ago, Fisix said:

Parise I'm sure will take close to league minimum to try and win a cup, much like Thornton or Spezza.

16 hours ago, Fisix said:

I would say no moves before the ED. We don't have any room to protect a player, nor does any other team. There could be moves before the NHL draft. 

1 hour ago, dukitup said:

I would say no moves before the ED. We don't have any room to protect a player, nor does any other team. There could be moves before the NHL draft. 

I agree it would not surprise me IF Ducks Don't make any moves before they submitt their Protected List.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

my guess is buyouts would continue haha

• Like 1

The way I see it, we have one forward spot available if someone offers a better forward than what we currently have on our roster. The player would have to be better than Max Jones and Sam Steel to make it worthwhile.

Protection list - Fowards: Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Player X ; D-men: Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Fleury

A few months ago I would have put Silfverberg on the protected list, but I think his hip injury + contract means that he can be exposed with almost no risk of being chosen by Seattle. Rico should definitely be exposed, since he likely doesn't ever want to wear a Ducks jersey again. The question mark is Shattenkirk, who was GMBM's prized FA signing last summer. Does Bob bail on him after one season? Or could we possibly even see Bob protect him as a 5th D-man and then only protect 3 forwards? Or, does it even matter because Bob likely already has a deal in place with Seattle and this is all just noise?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

The way I see it, we have one forward spot available if someone offers a better forward than what we currently have on our roster. The player would have to be better than Max Jones and Sam Steel to make it worthwhile.

Protection list - Fowards: Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Player X ; D-men: Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Fleury

A few months ago I would have put Silfverberg on the protected list, but I think his hip injury + contract means that he can be exposed with almost no risk of being chosen by Seattle. Rico should definitely be exposed, since he likely doesn't ever want to wear a Ducks jersey again. The question mark is Shattenkirk, who was GMBM's prized FA signing last summer. Does Bob bail on him after one season? Or could we possibly even see Bob protect him as a 5th D-man and then only protect 3 forwards? Or, does it even matter because Bob likely already has a deal in place with Seattle and this is all just noise?

I can't imagine Shatt gets protected nor that he gets picked up with someone like Steel or Jones being available. Or even Silfv. Although I think Rico wants to stay in Anaheim. I mean, he didn't waive his NTC...even after last season I think he wants to be here.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I can't imagine Shatt gets protected nor that he gets picked up with someone like Steel or Jones being available. Or even Silfv. Although I think Rico wants to stay in Anaheim. I mean, he didn't waive his NTC...even after last season I think he wants to be here.

I dunno about this. I think Seattle could easily pick him and then flip him for an asset. He could still help a good team, and I betcha Seattle will easily have the cap space to retain half his $3.9M cap hit. What does a contender in a flat cap world give you for Shattenkirk at $1.95M? A 2nd rounder maybe? That's probably more than you could get if you traded Steel or Jones straight up for a pick.

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

I dunno about this. I think Seattle could easily pick him and then flip him for an asset. He could still help a good team, and I betcha Seattle will easily have the cap space to retain half his $3.9M cap hit. What does a contender in a flat cap world give you for Shattenkirk at $1.95M? A 2nd rounder maybe? That's probably more than you could get if you traded Steel or Jones straight up for a pick.

Ngl It's going to be very intriguing when Protected List for our Ducks and other teams will be revealed at end of the week.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck