Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
dtsdlaw

Exit Interviews

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Listening to Eakins I couldnt be more less impressed.....He needs to find another job.....That patter is so dry and uninspired he couldnt motivate me to pick my nose.....Just alot of platitudes....Time to move on

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChopSuey said:

Listening to Eakins I couldnt be more less impressed.....He needs to find another job.....That patter is so dry and uninspired he couldnt motivate me to pick my nose.....Just alot of platitudes....Time to move on

Ya just didn’t seem excited to be there. Ahh, ya, ahhh you know. Buller Buller zzzz

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

Listening to Eakins I couldnt be more less impressed.....He needs to find another job.....That patter is so dry and uninspired he couldnt motivate me to pick my nose.....Just alot of platitudes....Time to move on

Oh my god.  Clarity?  Seriously?  It's clear he nor his coaches  don't have a clue about how to be a winning and effective head coach of a professional team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an exit interview. His reflections on the season. He doesn't have to be hyped up talking about the things that didn't go well this season. It seems like you're just searching for things that help you continue your dislike for him. 

As for the Henrique exit interview, I thought it was interesting that he mentioned signing in Anaheim knowing that there was a rebuild possible. I'm sure waiving him was pretty bad but it seems to me like he's motivated. He mentioned that he's going to play in the worlds. Hopefully, if he's not gone this off season, that he comes back rejuvenated. 

Maybe Eakins was referring to the negativity that surrounded the team for a few weeks was about Henrique. Something was going on that he admits got out of hand and the team had a lot of negative energy surrounding the players. Hopefully that's all passed and I hope the players come ready to play next season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how Eakins mentions they missed the fans. I think he should be glad because it would have rained boo's every night. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Funny how Eakins mentions they missed the fans. I think he should be glad because it would have rained boo's every night. 

LOL. I thought the same thing at first. But 6-18-4 at home and 11-12-5 on the road also says that he may be right. Last season they were 16-15-5 at home and 13-18-4 on the road. And even in RC's final season (2018-19), when we endured those crazy long losing streaks, the Ducks were 19-14-8 at home and 16-23-2 on the road.

Maybe he misses both the cheering and the booing, since booing from the home fans can motivate a team to work harder too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you all make of Eakins comments about how Ducks teams used to beat people up and how that they want to get back to that? Should we anticipate another shift in our "style" for next season back to a heavier game? I'm wondering if that's why we saw Heinen scratched so many times despite being a good (but soft) player, and why the Ducks were pursuing Virtanen in a trade. I'm not opposed to going heavier. I loved the style we played under Boudreau from 2013-2016, and I still think the meaner, heavier game is what wins in the playoffs (although I guess we'll have to wait and see if ROR's guarantee against the Avs works out). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Rakell: https://www.nhl.com/ducks/video/rakell-exit-interview/t-277437084/c-8346930

Raks likes it here and says he wants to stay. He think this team improved from the start of the season and is 1-2 players away from being good again. 

1 or 2 Players Raks say....Offseason Ducks need to focus on trading for some scoring as well as Drafting...Need is very vital. To ensure your Youth have their enhance Development it's important Trade MUST BE MADE.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

What do you all make of Eakins comments about how Ducks teams used to beat people up and how that they want to get back to that? Should we anticipate another shift in our "style" for next season back to a heavier game? I'm wondering if that's why we saw Heinen scratched so many times despite being a good (but soft) player, and why the Ducks were pursuing Virtanen in a trade. I'm not opposed to going heavier. I loved the style we played under Boudreau from 2013-2016, and I still think the meaner, heavier game is what wins in the playoffs (although I guess we'll have to wait and see if ROR's guarantee against the Avs works out). 

The game is still all about high speed but I think it’s slowly shifting to “big and mean” again. Which we like here hahaha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Ducks were pursuing Virtanen in a trade

eek, probably turned out for the best there. 😕

But I also agree, meaner heavier team is the way to go. We need our skilled players, but we need the bigness. I agree with Eakins. But I don't know if BM agrees. And if they aren't on the same page...doesn't matter how good either can or could be...it wont work. If Eakins has been terrible 'cause he's being forced to coach a style he doesn't believe in...it would make a lot of sense as to why his lineups seem so completely and utterly confusing. And why it seems like he doesn't know what he's doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

Maybe Eakins was referring to the negativity that surrounded the team for a few weeks was about Henrique. Something was going on that he admits got out of hand and the team had a lot of negative energy surrounding the players. Hopefully that's all passed and I hope the players come ready to play next season. 

Translation "The GM totally screwed up the chemistry of the team by putting one of the highly respected veterans on waivers, what an absolute clown"

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

eek, probably turned out for the best there. 😕

But I also agree, meaner heavier team is the way to go. We need our skilled players, but we need the bigness. I agree with Eakins. But I don't know if BM agrees. And if they aren't on the same page...doesn't matter how good either can or could be...it wont work. If Eakins has been terrible 'cause he's being forced to coach a style he doesn't believe in...it would make a lot of sense as to why his lineups seem so completely and utterly confusing. And why it seems like he doesn't know what he's doing.

I think its more likely that he is coaching the system he wants to coach, but that the GM may have too much say in which players he gets to use on any given night. Some of the weirdest roster decisions have been due to players being moved on and off the taxi squad by GMBM. For example, probably our best game of the season was the 1-0 win over Vegas on Feb 11th, which had Backes in the lineup. Rather than just leaving the roster alone for the next game, GMBM then sent Backes to the taxi squad the morning of our next game against San Jose on 2/15, which then Ducks lost. That San Jose loss then became the first L of a 9-game losing streak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I think we need a new GM.  I don't think your team needs to be big and heavy to win in the playoffs (Tampa, Pittsburgh), but I honestly don't care at this point as long as our team has an identity and acquires players who fit that identity.  Ideally, that identity should fit with the players who are already here and will be here long-term.  Zegras and Drysdale don't strike me as a heavy players, although Selanne and Niedermayer weren't either, so their presence doesn't preclude that style.  It just means the rest of the team needs to be built that way.

I have a hard time seeing it happen in any real way, though, with the contracts we have and the guys we might want to keep: Zegras, Drysdale, Fowler, Shattenkirk, Terry, Steel, Henrique, Heinen, Milano, even Fleury (he's big but not punishing).  That's a long way to go to get to mean and heavy.

Tampa went meaner last season after being bounced in the first round by Columbus in 2019 when they added Maroon in free agency and Bogosian at the deadline. Those weren't top line players, but they did it to add some meanness and offered "protection" for their skill guys from getting physically beaten up as badly as CBJ beat them up. 

But I think you're right about the state of the current roster. That's a lot of softness in there. Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if players like Heinen and Milano were moved out and replaced with guys that play a meaner game, kind of like what GMBM tried to do with a Heinen-Virtanen trade. I'd assume something like that missed trade will be executed after the ED. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I think its more likely that he is coaching the system he wants to coach, but that the GM may have too much say in which players he gets to use on any given night. Some of the weirdest roster decisions have been due to players being moved on and off the taxi squad by GMBM. For example, probably our best game of the season was the 1-0 win over Vegas on Feb 11th, which had Backes in the lineup. Rather than just leaving the roster alone for the next game, GMBM then sent Backes to the taxi squad the morning of our next game against San Jose on 2/15, which then Ducks lost. That San Jose loss then became the first L of a 9-game losing streak.

Siiiigh....that was pretty bad, yeah. And that was a move forced by Bob? .... 😕 Backes deserved to be in the lineup every game...and it's kinda sad to think if he was, he would have gotten to 1000 games played...he would have hit 1006...i mean, they could have made it so he was scratched for 6 games and make that Blues game his 1000...

i mean, i don't think bob WANTED backes, but when he came over here he said he wanted to prove he still had value. And we just didn't use him right at all. And the moving of Rico to waivers...i don't like the way bob handled some of these things lately 😕

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Siiiigh....that was pretty bad, yeah. And that was a move forced by Bob? .... 😕 Backes deserved to be in the lineup every game...and it's kinda sad to think if he was, he would have gotten to 1000 games played...he would have hit 1006...i mean, they could have made it so he was scratched for 6 games and make that Blues game his 1000...

i mean, i don't think bob WANTED backes, but when he came over here he said he wanted to prove he still had value. And we just didn't use him right at all. And the moving of Rico to waivers...i don't like the way bob handled some of these things lately 😕

No one Did which united all Ducks Fans I certain if it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ducks biggest problem is winning against Vegas. Vegas is big, mean, skilled and fast. The Murray solution is always get more cheap 4th line forwards and act like he just picked up the next Ovi. This organization needs a house cleaning from top to bottom or it will be a lottery team for the next few seasons. The Ducks have a good, young core but also have veteran players that look like they are going through the motions and then say they really want to be here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

The Ducks biggest problem is winning against Vegas. Vegas is big, mean, skilled and fast. The Murray solution is always get more cheap 4th line forwards and act like he just picked up the next Ovi. This organization needs a house cleaning from top to bottom or it will be a lottery team for the next few seasons. The Ducks have a good, young core but also have veteran players that look like they are going through the motions and then say they really want to be here. 

Vegas is not the only problem. Have you seen Colorado move the puck on the PP? MacKinnon is an absolute beast. Best contract in the NHL. 
This teams needs an identity. Stop trying to copy what worked the years prior (for other teams). Sure it's a fast skilled game but you still need big bodies who aren't afraid to take a hit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Vegas is not the only problem. Have you seen Colorado move the puck on the PP? MacKinnon is an absolute beast. Best contract in the NHL. 
This teams needs an identity. Stop trying to copy what worked the years prior (for other teams). Sure it's a fast skilled game but you still need big bodies who aren't afraid to take a hit.  

Colorado isn't in our division moving forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Colorado isn't in our division moving forward.

Avs should never have been in our Division in First Place.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Avs should never have been in our Division in First Place.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Well, I mean, we had this whole COVID thing and all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gotchabari said:

Well, I mean, we had this whole COVID thing and all.  

True....As Days turn to weeks and Months......I think must are interested and try to decipher what our Ducks mean in these Exit Interviews.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gotchabari said:

Colorado isn't in our division moving forward.

Slipped my mind. Sometimes you forget there was a normal world out there not so long ago. I can´t say I´m gonna miss them in our division. Although they are fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Slipped my mind. Sometimes you forget there was a normal world out there not so long ago. I can´t say I´m gonna miss them in our division. Although they are fun to watch.

Too bad we couldn't boot Vegas from our division instead of Arizona, lol.

You know what sucks? Every team has to give up a player to Vegas and Seattle, but the teams in the Pacific get really screwed as we have to play them with our former player 5-6 times per year. The teams in the East only play them twice. I feel like the Pacific teams should get more of the expansion money for the trouble.

What also sucks is Vegas being one of the best teams in the league, yet they don't have to give up a player to Seattle.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, nieder said:

Too bad we couldn't boot Vegas from our division instead of Arizona, lol.

You know what sucks? Every team has to give up a player to Vegas and Seattle, but the teams in the Pacific get really screwed as we have to play them with our former player 5-6 times per year. The teams in the East only play them twice. I feel like the Pacific teams should get more of the expansion money for the trouble.

What also sucks is Vegas being one of the best teams in the league, yet they don't have to give up a player to Seattle.

That is what really Annoys me the most...VGK not having player expose is just insult to our Ducks and 30 NHL Teams.....Also if you ask me the Magentos.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 3:45 AM, DucksFan_08 said:

Vegas is not the only problem. Have you seen Colorado move the puck on the PP? MacKinnon is an absolute beast. Best contract in the NHL. 
This teams needs an identity. Stop trying to copy what worked the years prior (for other teams). Sure it's a fast skilled game but you still need big bodies who aren't afraid to take a hit.  

I would say Vegas is the biggest problem in the division. Just as a few years ago the Kings were the biggest hurdle. Matter of fact, since the Ducks were the worst western conference team this season, I would also say every other team is a hurdle..lol. This team will never have an identity with the current management and coaching staff. Just a hodgepodge of lesser skilled players and a few bright, young players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

I would say Vegas is the biggest problem in the division. Just as a few years ago the Kings were the biggest hurdle. Matter of fact, since the Ducks were the worst western conference team this season, I would also say every other team is a hurdle..lol. This team will never have an identity with the current management and coaching staff. Just a hodgepodge of lesser skilled players and a few bright, young players. 

Often our Ducks need the right mixture to create Identity we know and love...past 28 season Ducks have idenity some were great,Bad,Good...So-So....and Meh. For the Ducks to ensure there is Indentity they Need Youth and Experience.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2021 at 1:31 PM, perry_mvp said:

Just a hodgepodge of lesser skilled players and a few bright, young players. 

sounds like you're describing the Mighty Ducks from the movie...or the "Don't Bothers" from the Mighty Ducks TV show....and....the last episode hasn't aired yet....but I have a feeling this team might be going all the way..... ;)  bodes well for the real Ducks......

😂😂😅😐😕😟..... 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Often our Ducks need the right mixture to create Identity we know and love...past 28 season Ducks have idenity some were great,Bad,Good...So-So....and Meh. For the Ducks to ensure there is Indentity they Need Youth and Experience.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I agree you need youth and experience but also, the experience needs to set the example. Henrique was put on waivers. Rakell can't buy a goal. I don't expect big offensive numbers from Silfverberg but he hasn't been the same since Kesler basically retired. Then we have the abundance of fourth line forwards that at one point this season were the leading scorers for the team. The team identity as I see it will come from the young guys. They play a different way than (I guess) management likes. Zegras and Drysdale have a swagger to them that really needs to infect the team. Comtois and Terry are starting to get it. I just don't think current management likes it though. Just my observation and opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...