The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2021 Playoffs Catch All

might as well just start this.... and not be on the 2019-2020 thread haha

Man, the goalie performances in this vegas v wild game has been FANTASTIC! Fleury playing out of his mind!

8 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Teams overall look a bit poor to me, but yeah Fleury doing Fleury things. 

I've been disappointed in Vegas more so...Stone has had a bad game for the most part...Karlsson passing on basically a wide open net if he would just one-time it...Wild I feel have been playing pretty good 2nd period on.

3/3 of games going to OT so far!! I've got Bonino or Theo for the GWG lol

• Like 1

I think in the regular season Minnesota only lost 1 game against Vegas in regulation. Something like a 5-1-2 record. Great game #1.

I'm happy with today's game results this far.  Hope Florida can keep it rolling.

LA Kings announcer Faust on the Florida / Tampa game.  I think he does a real good job.

Edited by Fowl

Man, 70 minutes of no scoring punctuated by a puck in off a skate in overtime. 

I watched a lot of recorded content in the middle and didn’t seem to miss much.

the Florida series looks like they’re at least hitting pretty hard.  Lots of clustered fans in the stands, which I’m not all that sure about. 

Nice to see that the Ducks aren't the only team with players who don't want to shoot one-timers...some pretty bad hesitations with Vegas...and already saw twice from Tampa here...

Also, putting Bob in...interesting move....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fisix said:

the Florida series looks like they’re at least hitting pretty hard.  Lots of clustered fans in the stands, which I’m not all that sure about.

yeeeeaaaah.........

58 minutes ago, dukitup said:

I think in the regular season Minnesota only lost 1 game against Vegas in regulation. Something like a 5-1-2 record. Great game #1.

Yeah! That 3rd period I was supposed to be cleaning...I couldn't stop watching haha

wow....i know the nbcsn announcers say it was the right call...but I dunno...I didn't see the reply where they said it was showing the stick push the goalie.... (was cleaning)...

but wow! and then a shorthanded goal by tampa! ohh man....

Edited by Administrator
Language
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gotchabari said:

All my teams won so far except Florida.  Good bracket!

wasn't happy with the TB win, but i guess it seemed earned.  i hope the series stays close.

9 hours ago, Fisix said:

wasn't happy with the TB win, but i guess it seemed earned.  i hope the series stays close.

I feel bad for Florida. They were so bad for so many years and are now finally turning the corner. They play one hell of a season to get rewarded with a match-up against Tampa Bay. If all goes well they'll probably have to go through the Canes. On top of that they lost their best (or one of the best) player(s) to a season ending injury. 

BTW I really hope the NHL walks away from those interdivisional Playoffs one day. I've never liked it. The 3rd best team should play the 6th best team regardless of what division they play in. 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:55 AM, gotchabari said:

All my teams won so far except Florida.  Good bracket!

What a great game though. Lots of goals, back and forth all the way. Hopefully the entire series is played like this.

Poor Florida. I thought I heard a stat last night where they said they had not won a playoff series since 1996. Now they start off 0-2 at home in round 1.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, dukitup said:

Poor Florida. I thought I heard a stat last night where they said they had not won a playoff series since 1996. Now they start off 0-2 at home in round 1.

They were in trouble as soon as Ekblad was lost for the season. You do get the feeling they're building something really good for the future though. Ekblad and Barkov are both 25 and entering their primes. And Joel Quenneville behind the bench... Miami is going to be a desirable destination for a lot of hockey players next season. 

• Like 2

More Capitals slander cause the Predators legitimately suck to the point where they're not even worth getting worked up over and I need a villain: You'd never see Getzlaf or any other captain publicly chew out a teammate for making a mistake like Ovechkin did last night.. let alone a goalie making his first ever playoff start who was the entire reason the game went to 2OTs to begin with. Smith-Pelly should've been first to lift the Cup in 2018.

• Like 1

Sucks for the leafs and Tavares. 

I have to say - it’s such bullDehydrated Donkey Dung that the Tor game requires access to a pay channel. 

Noticed that they’ve decided to see if it’s kosher to have Babcock as a commentator. 

Nicely, shortly after I posted the above, they moved the TOR game to USA, so at least I could watch it. 

It is astounding that they surrendered yet another short handed goal, and then went almost a full 2 minutes 6 on 4 and couldn’t squeeze one past Calgary’s goalie. I know it’s playoffs, but that’s embarrassing. They can’t be any more too heavy than they are now, and they should be a powerhouse even with Tavares out. Crazy. 

Enjoyed seeing Vegas come back in the 2nd. They’re looking strong. 

Glad Fl picked up a game - that series is the best. 

The Capitals can go pound sand. I’m not a Boston fan, but after Ovi’s comments, and all the rest, I just don’t want them to win anything more. Boston can pound sand in the second round. 

4 hours ago, Fisix said:

I have to say - it’s such bullDehydrated Donkey Dung that the Tor game requires access to a pay channel. 

Noticed that they’ve decided to see if it’s kosher to have Babcock as a commentator. 

Use this link - it's free...

http://live-nhl.stream

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fisix said:

Seeing the leafs lose is always funny but you don't want to see that. Tavares was out. Sucks for Perry too because many leafs fans think it's intentional but I really can't believe that. 

4 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Seeing the leafs lose is always funny but you don't want to see that. Tavares was out. Sucks for Perry too because many leafs fans think it's intentional but I really can't believe that. 

Only the most biased, blind Leafs fans could think that. I think most of them realize it was accidental but there are a few that think everything is a conspiracy against the Leafs.

I feel bad for Perry too, I'm sure he felt bad anyway but he and Tavares are friends, so I bet he feels even worse knowing he hurt a friend that badly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fisix said:

I'm in Canada, tried to watch the Florida/Tampa game last night and it's on FX which requires a subscription. I pay for the sports channels to get the sports, dammit. They had the Leafs game on like 5 of the Sportsnet channels.

• Like 1