The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2021 Playoffs Catch All

14 hours ago, Fisix said:

Sucks for the leafs and Tavares. 

I have to say - it’s such bullDehydrated Donkey Dung that the Tor game requires access to a pay channel. 

Noticed that they’ve decided to see if it’s kosher to have Babcock as a commentator. 

It was available on two channels on my system, NHL Network and USA.  All the other games are NBCSN or CNBC, so not sure what isn't on a pay channel?

11 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Seeing the leafs lose is always funny but you don't want to see that. Tavares was out. Sucks for Perry too because many leafs fans think it's intentional but I really can't believe that. 

Yeah I've been seeing a lot of these takes today. Apparently Perry can slow down time enough while in full stride to anticipate his friend's head dropping to the level of his surgically repaired knees and he still didn't move out of the way because he's just that dirty. 

7 hours ago, gotchabari said:

It was available on two channels on my system, NHL Network and USA.  All the other games are NBCSN or CNBC, so not sure what isn't on a pay channel?

i consider NHL Network pay channel because it isn't in my basic subscription for cable - USA and CNBC and NBCSN (and of course NBC) are.  

i was just upset that while one of the earlier games was on, I couldn't watch the TOR game.  once the USA broadcast cleared, they started broadcasting the TOR game.

what has sucked since then, however, is that they aren't using NBC that much during the week, AND they never replay the games later in the night, not even on the channels otherwise spewing infomercials about sexy girls and impotence.  it's a waste of airtime - not everyone can get away from work early enough to catch the eastern playoff games, and there's only so much you can record at once.  frankly, it's poor planning and not fan friendly.  of course, i'm sure they're replayed on the NHL Network ($$$$).  boooooo.

Hands up if you had the Jets completely shutting down Mario McDavid through 2 or Matt Duchene aka the 8 million dollar a year Derek Grant scoring an OT winner. Kadri getting 8 games might have been the most predictable result from last night. 

• Like 1

alright, gonna try and keep my foul language down...and replace it with more fowl language.... :P

Also, man, the Wild...thought they really had something going...and holy cow! Do the Caps look bad right now....and Boston looks SO good. Their powerplay is LETHAL.

Also, I'm glad Florida won a game...but that series is getting rough...I'd almost rather see it end before they try and take out all the superstars in Tampa....if it coudl just be a LITTLE cleaner this series could end up being so memorable! Game 1 (minus the suspension) was great! Same with Game 3!

So glad Colorado is destroying St Louis....I can't stand Binnington...although I do like ROR.

Kinda hoping the Avs and Bruins play each other at some point...woudl love to see the perfection line vs. perfection line west

On 5/22/2021 at 7:44 AM, PetrSykora said:

Hands up if you had the Jets completely shutting down Mario McDavid through 2 or Matt Duchene aka the 8 million dollar a year Derek Grant scoring an OT winner. Kadri getting 8 games might have been the most predictable result from last night. 

yeah...there goes my Edmonton sweep of Jets prediction lol....looking back...not sure why I thought that haha

Kadri is only surprising to me 'cause it really seemed like he cleaned up his ways! he was pretty fine last year.

Turned on the Carolina game and literally the first thing I see is Josi getting brushed by a stick on the front of his pants and dropping to his knees for the call. Who let this team back into the playoffs?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

yeah...there goes my Edmonton sweep of Jets prediction lol....looking back...not sure why I thought that haha

Kadri is only surprising to me 'cause it really seemed like he cleaned up his ways! he was pretty fine last year.

I seriously thought if there was any year for Edmonton to do damage in the playoffs, this would be it. It's not too late but.. yeah lol. Not looking good right now. 

Kadri is so frustrating. He's exactly the type of player you'd want down the middle come playoff time. He reminds me of a prime Kesler at times except with no IQ at all. This is the time of the year his team needs him the most, it's mind-boggling how he chooses to respond with this kind of behaviour year in and year out.

12 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

I seriously thought if there was any year for Edmonton to do damage in the playoffs, this would be it. It's not too late but.. yeah lol. Not looking good right now. 

Kadri is so frustrating. He's exactly the type of player you'd want down the middle come playoff time. He reminds me of a prime Kesler at times except with no IQ at all. This is the time of the year his team needs him the most, it's mind-boggling how he chooses to respond with this kind of behaviour year in and year out.

same! especially since the whole season was essentially like playoff style...and they're only innerdivisional...thought this would be that year, too. Especially after the jets hardly won any games down the stretch lol McDavid hasn't looked so dangerous...but Helleybuck has looked GREAT

Meanwhile...MacKinnon is becoming one of the best playoff performers we've ever seen in the past 20 years...sooo haha

WOOOWW!!!!! JETS!!!!!!! I gotta say...the Oilers don't look like they have much of a system either lol they just have much better players than we do....their system seems to be "give it to the skilled players and then do stuff"

Gretzky and Kurri, Messier and Anderson, Sather and incompetence, McDavid and blowing 3 goal leads in the 3rd period of a crucial playoff game.. the Oilers have had some legendary duos over the years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every team I have watched so far are SO SO much better with the puck than the ducks.  Especially getting it out of the defensive zone.  It must be coaching.  Right?

Not to mention, the ability to score goals and not fumble away the puck or shoot the puck over the net rather than in it.

The sheer speed of the other teams is crazy.  Colorado looks unstoppable...  Vegas seems like they have the refs in their pocket...

13 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

WOOOWW!!!!! JETS!!!!!!! I gotta say...the Oilers don't look like they have much of a system either lol they just have much better players than we do....their system seems to be "give it to the skilled players and then do stuff"

Their (Oilers)system consists of Mc Jeesus trying to skate fast up the middle into the zone..  They were winning that game until Archibald took out that Jets player by targeting his knees. Entire momentum changed at that point. The Oilers completely choked from that point forward. The look on McDavid's face when the Jets scored in overtime was priceless. It reminded me of something... what was it? Oh Yeah!.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTbWk-fxMIs&ab_channel=NHL

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

Their (Oilers)system consists of Mc Jeesus trying to skate fast up the middle into the zone..  They were winning that game until Archibald took out that Jets player by targeting his knees. Entire momentum changed at that point. The Oilers completely choked from that point forward. The look on McDavid's face when the Jets scored in overtime was priceless. It reminded me of something... what was it? Oh Yeah!.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTbWk-fxMIs&ab_channel=NHL

Thanks for sharing that.  It was so hard to watch for so many reasons - seeing Kesler out there, Perry and of course, Theodore.  Also seeing Paul MacLean behind the bench rather than dumb and dumber back there...

Oh the good old days where the ducks were a hockey team.

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I was watching some of the Avs-Blues with my 11-year-old son, who has watched a decent amount of Ducks hockey with me this season.  He asked, "Why are they going so much faster?  Is this how hockey normally is?"  

Son, this is how hockey is supposed to be.

Sigh, yeah...your son is very observant. Astute observation lol

But I will say I'd still put my money on the immovable object going up against the unstoppable force. The Jets are looking more and more like that immovable object. Teams like Tampa and Vegas (if they can keep their scoring up) look like hybrids of both which is scary. If Girard and Grubauer keep playing this way, Avs will have enough defense to keep Vegas (or the Wild lol) at bay. Vegas' scorers just are way too streaky, especially without Patches.

31 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

oh man, I have that look from McDavid in 2017 just burned into my memory haha the past OT losses for them and they keep cutting to him making that same face haha same, can't help but be reminded of it :P

Interesting to see all 3 times he hasn't been on the ice...I guess not surprising.

Another one i have burned into my mind is MacKinnon's reaction after Dallas beat them last year....

Although this one you really feel for him 'cause, ya know, he shows up to the playoffs and basically carried his team .... 😏

playoff hockey is special, every year.  it always looks much faster and put together than almost any of the regular season games.  

that aside, i will say that this postseason, most of the games look like offense vs. offense (lot of high speed plays that get set up while the defense is flailing) instead of the more typical skilled vs. quagmire (and who has the most durability wins).  i'm going to chalk it up to the defensive pairings that made it to the post season being a tad below par, compared to pre-covid years.  it's just a feeling - i haven't investigated any stats to see if it bears out in the numbers.

i agree with the comment about Vegas.  more so this year than others, their scoring seems streaky - meaning slightly unreliable when needed.  this is all relative to the other teams in the postseason (all the teams look more reliably able to score than, for example, the Ducks during the regular season).

i'm glad TOR was able to turn a win the last game.  Tavares' injury is the scariest one I've seen all year, and for that, plus a bunch of other reasons, i'd really like them to get out of the first round.  sucks that Perry is on the other side, frankly, cause I'd like to root for him.

Blues - i wasn't following closely enough to know that Perron ended up getting Covid and being out.  that sucks.  hope no lasting effects.  fine with the Blues exiting quickly, though.

Caps - good riddance.  they are accumulating bad karma, and it shows.

Boston - they've done all i want them to do this season.  i prefer that whoever wins out of Pitt and NYI beat them next round. 

Go Canes!

Go Panthers!

Go Aves!

Go Jets!

ohhh poor Spencer Knight.....first playoff game, first shot...goal

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

ohhh poor Spencer Knight.....first playoff game, first shot...goal

...annnnd....i don't feel bad for him anymore haha wow! what a game he's been having!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

...annnnd....i don't feel bad for him anymore haha wow! what a game he's been having!

He heard you and then played his first postseason game as a 20-year old like he was Gibson in 2014 lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

He heard you and then played his first postseason game as a 20-year old like he was Gibson in 2014 lol

haha good luck and gooooood Knight Tampa!

• Like 1

It's so weird going from Florida looking like their building is as full as it's been since the 90s to Montreal or Winnipeg with their empty seats and artificial crowd noise. 

Also, Minnesota looks atrocious. Only 1 shot in the second period it's like watching the Ducks all over again.

32 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

It's so weird going from Florida looking like their building is as full as it's been since the 90s to Montreal or Winnipeg with their empty seats and artificial crowd noise. 

Also, Minnesota looks atrocious. Only 1 shot in the second period it's like watching the Ducks all over again.

yeah, i think they were even saying that the florida capacity was 75%.....i don't think they even had 60% attendance once the prior season? lol

Also....can we get the D coach from Winnipeg for next season? WOW!

49 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Imagine the Ducks playing Vegas or Colorado in the playoffs lol.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

yeah, i think they were even saying that the florida capacity was 75%.....i don't think they even had 60% attendance once the prior season? lol

Also....can we get the D coach from Winnipeg for next season? WOW!

This OT has been nuts

I swear if Devin Shore (quite possibly the most generic hockey player to ever wear our sweater) wins this for Edmonton, my remote is going through my television

• Like 2