Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2021 Playoffs Catch All

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

This has been a vintage Fleury series. Great start, shaky middle, straight up swimming without a lifejacket these last two starts. Watch him get a 40 save shutout next game just for the hell of it.

haha right??? I mean, you look at his last 2 cups...he started the run and then Murray finished it. You think Fleury in net tomorrow? I think they go Lehner...not 'cause I don't think Fleury could bounce back, but I think DeBoer looks at it as "if we lose Game 7 with Fleury in net, I didn't take full advantage of the amazing goaltending depth we have..." you're not using all of your tools. You didn't overreact with a bad game 5...but 2 games in a row now ...this is looking too much like their 2019 flounder and the reason they got Lehner was 'cause they didn't have any goalie depth in 2019 lol

Like, this is basically EXACTLY why they got Lehner!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Wow, I just saw the replay.  Yeah, Vegas got completely screwed on that no goal call.

I think it's 50-50 honestly. He shouldn't have been in the blue paint and he was completely in it at one point. Goalie should have free range of motion inside the blue paint and was prevented for being able to do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g20topdogg said:

I think it's 50-50 honestly. He shouldn't have been in the blue paint and he was completely in it at one point. Goalie should have free range of motion inside the blue paint and was prevented for being able to do that. 

My issue was with Dumba's leg being wedged between Tuch's legs, which interfered with Tuch being able to vacate Talbot's space. When Foligno made contact with MAF in game 4, there wasn't a Vegas defender within 6 feet of Foligno, so its on Foligno to make sure he stays away from MAF. That was still an iffy call, but I understand why they made it given that Foligno had no defenders around him. But in this instance, Dumba had Tuch boxed in and was pushing him towards Talbot throughout the entire sequence. If a defender pushes a player towards his own goalie and then the player contacts the goalie, the goal should count IMO. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, what a start for Perry! It's hilarious hearing these Sportsnet guys gush about his playoff experience when they spent his prime years talking about how he needs to get whooped. What a difference playing in Canada will make.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

haha right??? I mean, you look at his last 2 cups...he started the run and then Murray finished it. You think Fleury in net tomorrow? I think they go Lehner...not 'cause I don't think Fleury could bounce back, but I think DeBoer looks at it as "if we lose Game 7 with Fleury in net, I didn't take full advantage of the amazing goaltending depth we have..." you're not using all of your tools. You didn't overreact with a bad game 5...but 2 games in a row now ...this is looking too much like their 2019 flounder and the reason they got Lehner was 'cause they didn't have any goalie depth in 2019 lol

Like, this is basically EXACTLY why they got Lehner!

They alternated between them all year too. I know 1A 1B situations can be tricky come playoff time (hello Freddie/Johnny) but usually that means a much shorter leash when things go sideways. Maybe give your other guy a shot after your goalie gets lit up on like 10 shots in a game your team has dominated. Hard to imagine them moving away from Fleury now though. I'd jokingly ask which Fleury will show up but good Fleury/bad Fleury has a habit of showing up in the same game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Wow, I just saw the replay.  Yeah, Vegas got completely screwed on that no goal call.

link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

They alternated between them all year too. I know 1A 1B situations can be tricky come playoff time (hello Freddie/Johnny) but usually that means a much shorter leash when things go sideways. Maybe give your other guy a shot after your goalie gets lit up on like 10 shots in a game your team has dominated. Hard to imagine them moving away from Fleury now though. I'd jokingly ask which Fleury will show up but good Fleury/bad Fleury has a habit of showing up in the same game.

agreed - the game they should have put L in was last night's game.  for a game 7, unless there's an injury or just obvious exhaustion, i think you go with option A, and that's still Fleury.  

really... i think it was a bad call to ice F and sit L in last night's game.  let L spell F and hopefully win the series, but have another game to try if L sucks it.  all this does is put immense pressure on F, after a rocky few years of who's lead and backup, contract issues... it's not a great choice by Vegas if they expect to get deep in the postseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oof.  TOR loses on a huge defensive mistake.  by a player that's helped them win the last two games.  that's gonna sting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

My issue was with Dumba's leg being wedged between Tuch's legs, which interfered with Tuch being able to vacate Talbot's space. When Foligno made contact with MAF in game 4, there wasn't a Vegas defender within 6 feet of Foligno, so its on Foligno to make sure he stays away from MAF. That was still an iffy call, but I understand why they made it given that Foligno had no defenders around him. But in this instance, Dumba had Tuch boxed in and was pushing him towards Talbot throughout the entire sequence. If a defender pushes a player towards his own goalie and then the player contacts the goalie, the goal should count IMO. 

 

 

But it also looked like he didn't make much of an attempt to move out either. Like I said it looks 50-50 for that reason. But had he made a bigger effort to move and was still pushed toward the goalie it would probably count. But he was skating around in the blue paint and though he might have been tied up he didn't fight for position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed fans in the building but I 100% did not miss that sea of mustard booing at the top of their lungs because they still don't understand how icing works

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

go canes go!!

....also...am I the only one who when they hear an crowd chat a team name in their chant....if it's on syllable it ALWAYS sounds like "flames" ....and if it's 2 syllables it ALWAYS sounds like "flyers" (when it ends in es or er)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

They alternated between them all year too. I know 1A 1B situations can be tricky come playoff time (hello Freddie/Johnny) but usually that means a much shorter leash when things go sideways. Maybe give your other guy a shot after your goalie gets lit up on like 10 shots in a game your team has dominated. Hard to imagine them moving away from Fleury now though. I'd jokingly ask which Fleury will show up but good Fleury/bad Fleury has a habit of showing up in the same game.

I do like the confidence Deboer put into Fleury keeping him in Game 6. Honestly, a bad game happens...and it's Fleury. If you have your #1 goalie on such a short leash where you just take him out after one bad game while being up 3-2...I think you create a feeling of uneasy within the room. One bad game, when you're up like they were...no need to overreact. Give your pros...your stars...your highly paid players a chance to come around. If they don't. You can still win the next game, and the series and you have more reason to try something new and go with the your 1B option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CAAAAANEEES!!!!!! oh, man, the SILENCE and shockedness of the home crowd.... BEAUTIFUL!

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hoxxey said:

There is a hockey god.  Nashville is out.

I'm happy. I was already getting nervous. Good job Canes.
Now I'd also like to see toronto go out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2021 at 8:47 PM, dtsdlaw said:

That was a terrible call. Goal should have counted.  Vegas getting screwed again by the refs in the playoffs.

Not sure about that, especially after the interference called in their favor in the previous game.

He maintained contact for the entirety of time Talbot was moving right to left across the crease.  Like, he NEVER released contact until right before the puck was coming.  It wasn't the roughest I've seen, but it did meet the criteria of preventing the goalie from being prepared to stop the shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

CAAAAANEEES!!!!!! oh, man, the SILENCE and shockedness of the home crowd.... BEAUTIFUL!

"CANES YOU SUCK!"
3 seconds pass
Goal

Karma's a wonderful thing.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Not sure about that, especially after the interference called in their favor in the previous game.

He maintained contact for the entirety of time Talbot was moving right to left across the crease.  Like, he NEVER released contact until right before the puck was coming.  It wasn't the roughest I've seen, but it did meet the criteria of preventing the goalie from being prepared to stop the shot. 

Agree to disagree. I just see it differently. To me it looks like the sequence starts with Tuch having every part of his body except his left skate outside the crease, and as he tries to push off and get entirely out of the crease, Dumba just leans on him and won't let him vacate. And Talbot has his glove on Tuch's back the whole time, basically keeping Tuch sandwiched in between the two Wild players. To me this is an active effort by both Wild players to force the interference when the Vegas player is trying to get out of the way. If the actions of the defender causes the offensive player to interfere with the goaltender being prepared to stop a shot, that should be a good goal IMO. That's just how I see it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Agree to disagree. I just see it differently. To me it looks like the sequence starts with Tuch having every part of his body except his left skate outside the crease, and as he tries to push off and get entirely out of the crease, Dumba just leans on him and won't let him vacate. And Talbot has his glove on Tuch's back the whole time, basically keeping Tuch sandwiched in between the two Wild players. To me this is an active effort by both Wild players to force the interference when the Vegas player is trying to get out of the way. If the actions of the defender causes the offensive player to interfere with the goaltender being prepared to stop a shot, that should be a good goal IMO. That's just how I see it. 

 

ok, wow.  i hadn't seen the video.  that looks like a very bad call if the goal wasn't counted.  what is the language of the rule, or has the NHL given a written explanation?  

maybe i need to see the rest of the play build up, but while he was impeding vision, he wasn't impeding movement.  maybe the rule is that you have to be out of the paint if there's contact over a longer period of time, like: you can't hover an inch away from the goalie's mask when the goalie can't retreat back into the crease to get better vision.  so, the attacking player has to exit the space between the defenseman and the goalie when they're sandwiching him inside the paint.  especially over a longer period of time, vs. a mad scramble while the puck is playable by the attacking player and the goalie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fisix said:

ok, wow.  i hadn't seen the video.  that looks like a very bad call if the goal wasn't counted.  what is the language of the rule, or has the NHL given a written explanation?  

maybe i need to see the rest of the play build up, but while he was impeding vision, he wasn't impeding movement.  maybe the rule is that you have to be out of the paint if there's contact over a longer period of time, like: you can't hover an inch away from the goalie's mask when the goalie can't retreat back into the crease to get better vision.  so, the attacking player has to exit the space between the defenseman and the goalie when they're sandwiching him inside the paint.  especially over a longer period of time, vs. a mad scramble while the puck is playable by the attacking player and the goalie.

It does look very deliberate from that point of view. I think it just came down to the fact that he was in the blue paint. Who ultimately made the call? The refs or Toronto?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

It does look very deliberate from that point of view. I think it just came down to the fact that he was in the blue paint. Who ultimately made the call? The refs or Toronto?

toronto i think...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fisix said:

toronto i think...

I'd still say it's a toss up for whichever way the call goes but I'd have to think that teams saw that as a way to possibly negate a goal in that situation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fisix said:

That definitely looked like an uncalled too many men against TOR. 

yeeeep! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the f?  Marner looks like he did that on purpose. Crazy meltdown in progress. And the challenge was pretty stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...