The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2021 Playoffs Catch All

Such a slow overtime. 

It’s super annoying listening to two announcers each have their own way to pronounce Spezza. Especially the guy who keeps saying it wrong. 

Edited by Fisix

‘nother defensive mistake. They played such a good game up to those last few minutes, and then they overplayed some lines. 

man it's so nice to see Perry score!...he's still got some touch and passion and you can just see it with how he celebrates after every goal. so nice to see :)

• Like 1

At this point I'm thinking whichever team ends up winning the series, the jets probably win. I'm still hoping for a Montreal win. Nice to see Perry score and be in on some key moments for goals and plays. But this has been a meltdown for the leafs. I'm not sure how much confidence they have left after this. Habs need to keep up a physical style and go hard to the dirty areas. 

40 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

At this point I'm thinking whichever team ends up winning the series, the jets probably win. I'm still hoping for a Montreal win. Nice to see Perry score and be in on some key moments for goals and plays. But this has been a meltdown for the leafs. I'm not sure how much confidence they have left after this. Habs need to keep up a physical style and go hard to the dirty areas. 

I still think the leafs come out on top because of offensive firepower but they´re not doing themselves any favors. Questionable move to keep sandin out of the line-up after a costly mistake only to see the guy who draws in for him making the same mistake. Talk about confidence.

I enjoy seeing Perry causing havoc. If toffoli has found his scoring touch back and if Price stands on his head this could go either way but I still think leafs. I gotta say it would be priceless (no pun intended) to see the leafs give this one away.

10 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I still think the leafs come out on top because of offensive firepower but they´re not doing themselves any favors. Questionable move to keep sandin out of the line-up after a costly mistake only to see the guy who draws in for him making the same mistake. Talk about confidence.

I enjoy seeing Perry causing havoc. If toffoli has found his scoring touch back and if Price stands on his head this could go either way but I still think leafs. I gotta say it would be priceless (no pun intended) to see the leafs give this one away.

Could you just imagine leafs nation if they lose?! Lol the media wouldn't let them forget about it, which would really suck for the players. 

58 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Could you just imagine leafs nation if they lose?! Lol the media wouldn't let them forget about it, which would really suck for the players. 

right?!!?

Man, I'd imagine a) they go all in for Seth Jones... b) Sheldon Keefe fired... c) Marner moved... ...I'd usually expect Nylander....but Nylander has been on it this post season! Marner is the one who threw the puck over the glass for NO reason lol

Would have been sweet if Vegas scored a shorty in that 9min power play by CO. 

On the eventual pp goal - it looked Lerner ducked underneath the puck?!  That’s not a good look by a goalie. Doubly so for one so big. 

1 minute ago, Fisix said:

Would have been sweet if Vegas scored a shorty in that 9min power play by CO. 

On the eventual pp goal - it looked Lerner ducked underneath the puck?!  That’s not a good look by a goalie. Doubly so for one so big. 

tha would have been hilarious actually lol

but right now im in a frak vegas mood....despite calling them as the cup champs lol...id rather be wrong on that than see them win. Also, the avs look better and better...wow

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

tha would have been hilarious actually lol

but right now im in a frak vegas mood....despite calling them as the cup champs lol...id rather be wrong on that than see them win. Also, the avs look better and better...wow

7-1 is ridiculous. That top line is ridiculously good. 
I know there's a lot of Boston haters on this forum but I'd love to see an Avs - Bruins final just to see Rantanen - MacKinnon - Landeskog go head to head with Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak. 

3 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

7-1 is ridiculous. That top line is ridiculously good. 
I know there's a lot of Boston haters on this forum but I'd love to see an Avs - Bruins final just to see Rantanen - MacKinnon - Landeskog go head to head with Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak. 

agreed! i said the exact same thing haha perfection line vs. perfection line west....honestly that would be an incredible finals

Note: Vegas has one of the worst radio crews I have ever heard. 

Time to see if the leafs can get over the hump for once. 

Hahahaha it would be bad enough if Toronto lost this series, let alone blew a 3-1 lead in the process

Again, Toronto defense being way way too passive when the other team enters. Too afraid to body up the guy with the puck. 

I see a coach not willing to do the obvious - if they’ve shut down Marner Matthews, then split them up and see what happens. Bring Spezza up, bring Thornton up. Mix stuff up while you have time. Maybe they’re afraid during the cross ice 2nd period… 

One interesting thing - Nylander is one of the few on Tor looking like his spirit isn’t broken. 

The big risk: Matthews thinking he just has to do it all himself. I see him already getting stingy with passes. 

Montreal is playing a masterful game.  

Price has been great, but the defense in front of him has been a quagmire for Tor. 

Glad Corey is scoring. Cringe for Tor, though. 

Offside, missed shots, bad passes… talk of trading marner for eichel. 

I think they need a new defense coach. And Keefe needs to study some old timey nhl coaching strategies. 

Even losing Tavares and Muzzin, Tor should not be this fragile. 

It’s very much like every time they see some kind of special circumstances, they just fold, like they can’t focus on anything, as if any hint of adversity is their team wide poison pill.  Like when they lost to the Zamboni driver. 

Sooo late to sneak one past Price. 

Reminds me a lot of our game 7 losses, except this one has way fewer justifiable excuses for Tor. 

Lol, should we all just assume Thornton is a powerful powerful jinx?

Edited by Fisix

wwwwwoooooooowwww!!!! MVPerry!!! GWG!!!!!! wow wow wow....love hearing them talk so positive of him

• Like 1

Just now, Fisix said:

Lol, should we all just assume Thornton is a jinx?

oh yes absolutely haha he chokes, so much. I said maaaaannnny years ago I didn't think the Sharks would win a cup till they lost jumbo....but this wasn't his fault.

matthews/marner were the bigger issues here....i can't believe they'll keep their coach. I imagine that will happen first and then maybe Marner if it doesn't get better...

Perry goes to the front of the net

he scores from there

ducks don’t 

hey if the ducks are keeping their coach, author of the worst power play in nhl history and basically the worst team in the league, old Sheldon is all good...

poor leafs

Man, how nice would it be to have either of the coaches in the Boston/Islanders series?  Ducks are stuck with minor league flops...  Loser coaches...

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

Perry goes to the front of the net

he scores from there

ducks don’t 

hey if the ducks are keeping their coach, author of the worst power play in nhl history and basically the worst team in the league, old Sheldon is all good...

poor leafs

i thnk Sheldon goes. The only defense he has (which is more defense than he got in those last 3 games, hey-o!!) is that Muzzin was out for that last game and Tavares being out. But that's not much. Matthews and Marner disappeared. This team was stacked.

They could also take a page out of the Lightning in 2019 and just not overreact and make big changes. But being swept as the presidents trophy team is different than giving up a 3-1 series lead and having lost however many consecutive elimination games now...so many years in a row not being able to win 4 games in the playoffs....

Just did a quick look....

The leafs are 0-10 since the semi-finals in the 2004 playoffs in elimination games (where either them or the other team wins to win the series). The last one they won was the first round of 2004. Basically saying since 2004, when they last won a series, they have never been able to win a series NOR been able to extend a series if they faced elimination.

That's crazy!

5 hours ago, Fisix said:

Price has been great, but the defense in front of him has been a quagmire for Tor. 

Glad Corey is scoring. Cringe for Tor, though. 

Yes Toronto choked in classic Sharks fashion, but you have to give the Habs credit. They clearly wanted it more.  Say what you want about their near collapse in games 5 & 6 but tonight they were the better team. Great to see Perry get some much deserved respect. Carey Price stole some games. Not even a Habs fan I'm just happy that Toronto and Edmonton (the self appointed contenders) are both out.