The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Shadowduck

Draft Lottery

We know Ducks will not pick less than fourth. But knowing Ducks' luck they will get second and Arizona will win first. But because Arizona cannot win first the NHL will redraw the lottery if that happens. Then the Rangers and Hawks will get first and second and the Ducks will get fourth.

Edited by Shadowduck

LOL Dallas' representative's face.

everyone else keeping the poker face.

Stream canceled for me with 4 minutes left.  i hate NBCSN and the NHL.

did someone hand the wrong list to the announcer?  4 and up are 1-1 with odds.

of course.  Ducks the only team to lose position in the lottery.  seriously, frak the NHL.

1 minute ago, WolfgangDuck said:

Murray's face said it all

did you get a screencap?

lol - the NHL twitter account retweeted every team tweet response BUT the ducks, in order of their pick.

seriously, the NHL and the Ducks org are at odds.

I think his order, depending on who is available would be: Power, Beniers, Edvindsson....he basically already said he'd get the BPA even if it's D...so...i imagine that's what he thinks.

Although, I'd rather take Hughes...just thinking ahead...if Hughes likes it here in Anaheim...and becomes a mainstay...we could have another Niedermayer situation where one (or both?????) of his brothers want to sign here to all play together!

I know we are all upset to move down a spot and 'cause it's just very unlikely we're gonna get that C we really need....but we're still gonna get a very very very good player it seems and basically gives way more opportunity to trade someone like Manson.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I think his order, depending on who is available would be: Power, Beniers, Edvindsson....he basically already said he'd get the BPA even if it's D...so...i imagine that's what he thinks.

Although, I'd rather take Hughes...just thinking ahead...if Hughes likes it here in Anaheim...and becomes a mainstay...we could have another Niedermayer situation where one (or both?????) of his brothers want to sign here to all play together!

I know we are all upset to move down a spot and 'cause it's just very unlikely we're gonna get that C we really need....but we're still gonna get a very very very good player it seems and basically gives way more opportunity to trade someone like Manson.

If Murray really wants an offensive defensemen. See if he can trade into the late first round, draft Eklund or Beniers at 3 then draft Scott Morrow. RHD with a lot of similar skills to the guys like Edvinsson or Clarke. 

I’d love to walk away with Eklund and Morrow. Morrow might even be there at our second rounder, but that’s a great haul. Really mirrors the Drysdale/Perrault haul last draft. 

Am I the only one here who wanted Owen Power? I know drafting Ritchie has made us Ducks fans weary of taking a giant teenager who gets by on his superior size to dominate his peers, but this kid can actually skate. I have to admit though, I am not all that familiar with this year's crop of draft hopefuls. Why does everyone think he's going to bust?

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

If Murray really wants an offensive defensemen. See if he can trade into the late first round, draft Eklund or Beniers at 3 then draft Scott Morrow. RHD with a lot of similar skills to the guys like Edvinsson or Clarke. 

I’d love to walk away with Eklund and Morrow. Morrow might even be there at our second rounder, but that’s a great haul. Really mirrors the Drysdale/Perrault haul last draft. 

I agree, we should definitely try to get in more than one first round pick. I mean this draft could be hit or miss but we draft top 3, which should be a great player regardless of who we get,  but also we might hit on someone who could have been a  great pick but because of this season won't get noticed.... or... or just pick up someone who normally would go in the third round or something...🤔🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

I agree, we should definitely try to get in more than one first round pick. I mean this draft could be hit or miss but we draft top 3, which should be a great player regardless of who we get,  but also we might hit on someone who could have been a  great pick but because of this season won't get noticed.... or... or just pick up someone who normally would go in the third round or something...🤔🤷‍♂️

I do wonder now that Murray is “serious” about rebuilding and not in denial, how well he can actually maneuver. I don’t have much confidence in him. 

I also do not like the idea of trading down from a Top 3 position. We should be looking to trade up I think. I really like Scott Morrow and I think he could he had late in the first, potentially early second. 

Oh no we keep our pick at 3. I meant we should try to get in more than one first round pick but I'm not sure how we'd be able to do that though. 

13 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Yeah, Morrow is pretty good? I guess I'm still not sure what the appeal of Eklund is over Guenther.

19 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Am I the only one here who wanted Owen Power? I know drafting Ritchie has made us Ducks fans weary of taking a giant teenager who gets by on his superior size to dominate his peers, but this kid can actually skate. I have to admit though, I am not all that familiar with this year's crop of draft hopefuls. Why does everyone think he's going to bust?

I just don’t trust this organization to give him the development he needs. He’s a much different player than he seems to get a rap for. He’s really, really raw and I just don’t trust many organizations to give him the support he needs. He’s very talented, and has a very high ceiling. I wouldn’t scoff at him. I just think I want other players. 

7 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Yeah, Morrow is pretty good? I guess I'm still not sure what the appeal of Eklund is over Guenther.

I like what he has. He played in prep a year longer than he should’ve, so he’s a bit harder to track, but I’ll take a chance for sure.

Eklund has a blazing start and was on Backstrom level paces for awhile. He cooled down, but still played well. He played against men in the SHL. So while his numbers aren’t as eye popping, he wasn’t dominating kids. He was holding his own in the 3rd best league in the world. I tend to value that personally. 

22 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

There’s still a pretty good chance Power is there at #3. Buffalo just drafted Dahlin in 2018 and Power is basically the same guy as Dahlin. If they plan to move Reinhart and/or Eichel, they’ll be looking for offense too. I also think Luke Hughes fits the profile of where Ron Francis probably wants to go in Seattle. He’s going to have a bevy of bigger, less skilled SAH type defenders to choose from in the ED, and I think he’s going to want to nab that high-skill PMD early in the draft to build around long term (see: Theodore, Shea) because that type of guy is not going to be available this time around in the ED or UFA. I think there’s a solid chance you’ll get your wish and that Power will be there. And if he’s there, I’d be shocked if Bob passes on him.

What if Power is available at #3 - and we know Bob will take him if he is - and he turns into the next Eric Gudbranson or Zach Bogosian or Luke Schenn or Adam Larsson or Ryan Murray or Griffin Reinhart or Noah Hanifan or Olli Juolevi?

Yikes.

3 hours ago, tommer-1 said:

What if Power is available at #3 - and we know Bob will take him if he is - and he turns into the next Eric Gudbranson or Zach Bogosian or Luke Schenn or Adam Larsson or Ryan Murray or Griffin Reinhart or Noah Hanifan or Olli Juolevi?

Yikes.

it only sucks if the player picked 4th ends up a Getz, Perry, Gretz, Sid, Matthews, McDavid, etc.  it sucks a bit less if such player is picked later.

i guess it would suck more if all picks 1-4 EXCEPT 3 ended up a Palmeri/Fowler (or better) player.

realistically, most of the top 10 are going to end up a Nick Ritchie, so don't get yer panties in a bunch over worst case scenarios.  

12 minutes ago, Fisix said:

it only sucks if the player picked 4th ends up a Getz, Perry, Gretz, Sid, Matthews, McDavid, etc.  it sucks a bit less if such player is picked later.

i guess it would suck more if all picks 1-4 EXCEPT 3 ended up a Palmeri/Fowler (or better) player.

realistically, most of the top 10 are going to end up a Nick Ritchie, so don't get yer panties in a bunch over worst case scenarios.  

Palmieri, Fowler, Ritchie...

Not exactly the bright side, is it?