The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

2021 - Final 4

jfc....man....these refs are terrible....so their solution to the missed calls last game was....to call NOTHING? wow...

48 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

jfc....man....these refs are terrible....so their solution to the missed calls last game was....to call NOTHING? wow...

It’s insane. They are ridiculously bad. Horrible calls every 5 minutes, when they’re lucky.

I didn’t see the Vegas goal - was it due to a ref f up? 

49 minutes ago, Fisix said:

It’s insane. They are ridiculously bad. Horrible calls every 5 minutes, when they’re lucky.

I didn’t see the Vegas goal - was it due to a ref f up? 

naw, not really. I mean, I feel like the refs kept getting in the way of the Habs in the D zone but nothing that was significant.

Sad to see Vegas win this. I mean, they basically completely control this series. They could EASILY see that minus one mistake from game 3 they have a 3-1 series lead. And that'll give them all the confidence. And I just don't see the Habs winning 2 of the next 3. 1 of the next 3 I definitely saw happening. But, we'll see. I hope I'm wrong!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Man....the end of that Isles/Bolts game! WOW!! what a save from Pulock!!! and also what a move from McDonough! what an ending

This was great. Awesome how his teammates jumped on him after the wistle. 

On 6/20/2021 at 11:39 AM, Jasoaks said:

Man....the end of that Isles/Bolts game! WOW!! what a save from Pulock!!! and also what a move from McDonough! what an ending

I'm not sure if that goes down as one of the greatest playoff goals of all time or one of the dumbest goalie decisions ever if Pulock doesn't come through with the block. Varlamov played that like when you accidentally press the button to take control of the goalie in a video game and skate out the crease.

3 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

I'm not sure if that goes down as one of the greatest playoff goals of all time or one of the dumbest goalie decisions ever if Pulock doesn't come through with the block. Varlamov played that like when you accidentally press the button to take control of the goalie in a video game and skate out the crease.

The Canadiens needed the same block at the end of last night's game - it was perfectly set up almost the same way, but the non-goalie guy went low and the puck went high...  :(

• Sad 2

welp....this is a blood bath in Tampa Bay... although not the same way it was with Perry getting high sticked in the nose lol

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I miss Corey Perry.

yeah...i miss THAT corey perry...but i do overall miss the passion he brought....

he had has instincts and passion...that doesn't change with age.

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

yeah...i miss THAT corey perry...but i do overall miss the passion he brought....

he had has instincts and passion...that doesn't change with age.

Montreal put Perry on waivers back in January and all 30 teams passed on him despite his measly $750K salary. How many teams would love a do-over on that one?!? :lol:

• Haha 2

If the Ducks had kept Perry, I would have been fine with that.

As long as they also found a way to get the 15th overall pick in the 2019 draft from MON (maybe by trading Steel and Jones?) and also found a way to trade Rakell to Vegas for Suzuki and a 2019 2nd round pick.

I would have been good with keeping Perry under those circumstances...

5 minutes ago, tommer-1 said:

If the Ducks had kept Perry, I would have been fine with that.

As long as they also found a way to get the 15th overall pick in the 2019 draft from MON (maybe by trading Steel and Jones?) and also found a way to trade Rakell to Vegas for Suzuki and a 2019 2nd round pick.

I would have been good with keeping Perry under those circumstances...

Well, plus you have to name who you would have dropped to have afforded the salary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

Well, plus you have to name who you would have dropped to have afforded the salary.

Rakell

Steel

Jones

That's $5.415 mil

If Caufield AND Suzuki were in the lineup this season, it would have been $1.743 mil

So, money/cap would not have been an issue.  Don't make the Backes trade, don't re-sign Grant, don't sign Shattenkirk.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

the Isles tied it late!  yay!

woot!  one more to take the lightning out!

6 hours ago, Fisix said:

woot!  one more to take the lightning out!

Color me surprised that they won after that 8-0 whooping. I thought they were toast. And Kucherov left the game. Tampa is deep but losing Kucherov will hurt nonetheless. 

On 6/23/2021 at 1:05 PM, tommer-1 said:

Rakell

Steel

Jones

That's $5.415 mil

If Caufield AND Suzuki were in the lineup this season, it would have been $1.743 mil

So, money/cap would not have been an issue.  Don't make the Backes trade, don't re-sign Grant, don't sign Shattenkirk.

You didn't have Steel and Jones back then, and Rakell was in the middle of great seasons.  

And that still isn't enough.  You're $3M shy, and missing a lot of players!

11 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Color me surprised that they won after that 8-0 whooping. I thought they were toast. And Kucherov left the game. Tampa is deep but losing Kucherov will hurt nonetheless. almost put them under the cap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

You didn't have Steel and Jones back then, and Rakell was in the middle of great seasons.  

And that still isn't enough.  You're $3M shy, and missing a lot of players!

What? In 2018 they didn't have Jones or Steel? Jones and Steel had way more value then than they do right now.

As for Rakell, that's why you trade him to Vegas as the "goal scorer" they need, instead of Pacioretty. He just signed his deal, was way cheaper, and could have easily brought back Suzuki.

I'm not $3 mil shy,  Don't trade for Backes, don't sign Grant, don't sign Shattenkirk. That's over $8 mil right there.

It was me just being silly, but all of those moves DEFINITELY could have been made.  And having Perry and Suzuki and Caufield instead of Rakell, Steel and Jones is a nice fantasy.

1 hour ago, tommer-1 said:

What? In 2018 they didn't have Jones or Steel? Jones and Steel had way more value then than they do right now.

As for Rakell, that's why you trade him to Vegas as the "goal scorer" they need, instead of Pacioretty. He just signed his deal, was way cheaper, and could have easily brought back Suzuki.

I'm not $3 mil shy,  Don't trade for Backes, don't sign Grant, don't sign Shattenkirk. That's over $8 mil right there.

It was me just being silly, but all of those moves DEFINITELY could have been made.  And having Perry and Suzuki and Caufield instead of Rakell, Steel and Jones is a nice fantasy.

Yeah but you're only really saying that because of what Suzuki and Caufield have become. This is a 20/20 hindsight kind of issue. 

• Like 1

well, the Montreal Perrys were up 1, then tied, and have had 2 other PPs to try to get up but haven't scored again.  :(

I think Jim Fox and John Ahlers are the NHL audio stream voices for the Perrys...