The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

2021 - Final 4

Imagine telling someone in 2019 that Montreal would defeat Vegas to win the Clarence Campbell Trophy

• Like 2

Got home just in time to see the winner! Hell yea  Montreal! The Hockey Gods work in straaaannge ways. 

Vegas is the new San Jose! Yay!

CHOO-CHOO! The Perry Hype Train Continues! Guy is money in the playoffs! MTL first time since 1993, good for them.

• Like 1

Officials get let off the hook by the result in Montreal again. Not that it matters now but it's plain inexcusable to rule an icing when the puck clearly banked off Lehner's pad. Luckily Vegas didn't capitalize on such an egregious error in OT.

• Thanks 2

Perry has as many conference championships since leaving the Ducks than the Ducks whole organization has in its history. He’s batting a thousand actually.

Really want to see the worm gets his second ring.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

Imagine telling someone in 2019 that Montreal would defeat Vegas to win the Clarence Campbell Trophy

right?  they'd put you in the looney bin.

21 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Perry has as many conference championships since leaving the Ducks than the Ducks whole organization has in its history. He’s batting a thousand actually.

Really want to see the worm gets his second ring.

i do wonder if he gets snapped up by Toronto next season.  or (gulp) the Oilers?

5 minutes ago, Fisix said:

i do wonder if he gets snapped up by Toronto next season.  or (gulp) the Oilers?

If Murray is serious about making the playoffs then he just needs to bring him back

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Nah, he probably will resign with the Habs. He seems to work well and I'm sure there will be mutual interest in bringing him back. Unless he decides to help every underdog get a chance to go to the finals and win before he retires. But I think he'll retire a duck, if only on a one day contract. Go Habs!

• Like 3

I never root for Canndian teams over American teams on principle. But I have to admit I was cheering for the Habs. I'm hoping they can pull it off and get Perry his second Cup. It would even the scales a little bit when we live in a world where Justin Penner, Patrick Maroon and the dirtbag Justin Schultze all have two Cups and players like Perry, Getzlaf and Selanne only have one.

Edited by Shadowduck

YEESS!!! THEY DID IT!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

Price in the Finals!! Love to see that. And Perry back in the finals AGAIN! Oh man he's the new Pronger...get this guy...you make the finals that same year lol

woooooo!!!!

• Like 1

Watching a replay now. Vegas played pretty dirty. De Boer is a coach I’ve never liked. Gallant would have gotten to game 7. ;)

• Like 2

This is great. I really hope the habs and Perry go all the way but again I can't see them beating the lightning (whom I think will beat the isles). But I've said the same thing when they played the leafs, jets and golden knights 😁

• Haha 2

just feel like there are a lot of therapy sessions that have been caused by the Habs this playoffs lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Officials get let off the hook by the result in Montreal again. Not that it matters now but it's plain inexcusable to rule an icing when the puck clearly banked off Lehner's pad. Luckily Vegas didn't capitalize on such an egregious error in OT.

The refs did their best to get Vegas to the Finals this year, yet they still couldn't do it. Choke!

Vegas are the new San Jose.

• Like 1

ug.  don't like that Tampa scored first.  at least they haven't scored second, at least not yet.

Price vs. Vasilevsky in the Final is going to be sight to behold. Now Im torn...who to root for...is the the MTL Perrys or the TBL Maroons? (Patty is going for a 3d straight cup, no less)

1 minute ago, Aksun said:

Price vs. Vasilevsky in the Final is going to be sight to behold. Now Im torn...who to root for...is the the MTL Perrys or the TBL Maroons? (Patty is going for a 3d straight cup, no less)

Montreal 

• Like 2

100% montreal...would love to see Price get a cup too

Also, yeah, Vasilevsky vs. Price is gonna be AWESOME! I believe just last year Price was voted best goalie by the NHLPA and this year it was Vasilevsky.

I mean....i guess don't underestimate Montreal? but....also.... this could easily be a sweep haha

I feel like Tampa has been going into these finals like ... "oh, this is gonna be a crazy finals, probably gonna be Colo-...oh...the...the stars? Huh...ok fine by us!"

And this year "well, if we make the finals it's gonna be a crazy epic heavyweight match up with Ve-....oh...the....the Habs? ...huh...ok! Fine by us!"

Perry vs Tampa again lol

Also, if the Habs win the cup....I've only ever twice put money on a team... I put money on the Cubs to win 2015....and the Habs to win 2020 lol......so.....that would be crazy haha

On 6/26/2021 at 10:23 AM, Jasoaks said:

100% montreal...would love to see Price get a cup too

Also, yeah, Vasilevsky vs. Price is gonna be AWESOME! I believe just last year Price was voted best goalie by the NHLPA and this year it was Vasilevsky.

I mean....i guess don't underestimate Montreal? but....also.... this could easily be a sweep haha

I can't remember where this was, it may have been on a podcast or something, but they were talking about how maybe instead of having biased media vote for NHL awards, that the players should vote for all of the awards. But the counterpoint was that the players had just done some informal voting and had decided Price was still the best goalie in the league, and this was evidence that even NHL players have no idea what they are talking about.

Price still looks pretty damn good to me, lol.

• Haha 2