The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

2021 - Final 4

4 hours ago, nieder said:

I can't remember where this was, it may have been on a podcast or something, but they were talking about how maybe instead of having biased media vote for NHL awards, that the players should vote for all of the awards. But the counterpoint was that the players had just done some informal voting and had decided Price was still the best goalie in the league, and this was evidence that even NHL players have no idea what they are talking about.

Price still looks pretty damn good to me, lol.

haha yeah, I mean....these past 2 post seasons Price has looked phenomenal...and yeah, I'd trust the players opinions on this way more than the media. The players understand way more details and nuance that go into being good at your position than any media or fan could know. Even ex-players...if you're not in the trenches with them, you still can't get the whole story.

Montreal looking a little shell shocked. Glad they lucked into 1 before the 2nd ended. 

Perrys line looks just a bit not fast enough. 

Edited by Fisix

Montreal making mistakes they didn’t make against Vegas. 

tampa looking just a tiny bit better . Maybe more brutal. 

Ouch. They got routed AND came away pretty bloody. 

Can’t help but wonder if not having head coach there for the first few games is going to be harder than we might have guessed. 

sigh. Boooooooo 

Tampa bay is the Connor McDavid of NHL teams....there's just no other team in this league that can hold a candle to them...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fisix said:

Every point Kucherov gets in the post season has an asterisk, for me. 

That's 30 asterisks already. Dude's incredible.
hopefully Montreal can rebound from this and make it a series. 

also....what is happening in Montreal?!

Corey Perry's bloody mouth/nose.... Petry's blood red eyes.... Gallagher's gushing blood from the forehead....

Weber fined for his slash...I'm pretty sure even the DoPS is genuinely terrified of that man...I wouldn't be shocked if they tried to suspend him...and Weber just walked up and looked at them...and they made it a fine lol

...actually if that happened id be shocked if they didn't fine THEMSELVES and give it to Weber lol

wow what a missed opportunity for the Habs....really did not play that 4 on 3 well....still have some time 5 on 4 though!

ug - Montreal had so many chances, but give one up.  they need to figure out Vas.

maaaan what a bad goal for Vas lol

also, losing so much respect for the bolts fans....theyve had 2 penalties...and not even like....borderline calls...like....really, really obvious, very dangerous calls....and they chant refs you suck for each of them?! come on guys....grow up....you're making your fan base look dumb

well, Montreal still needs to figure out Vas.  that's a ton of shots on goal...

7 hours ago, Fisix said:

Not looking good. I sincerely hope the habs can make it a series but I'm afraid it'll be over in 5. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Fisix said:

it's kinda crazy that the only 2 goals he's given up so far in the series have been a CRAZY bounce....and just a RARE bad read....

Man, when the bolts scored that buzzer beater in the 2nd...the energy...it felt like it was the final seconds of the 3rd in game 7...that goal felt like it won the cup...similar to that Holtby save in 2018.

• Like 1

at least they got a second.

they look soooo out of rhythm.  a step behind in all their scoring chances.

5 minutes ago, Fisix said:

at least they got a second.

they look soooo out of rhythm.  a step behind in all their scoring chances.

yep, exactly. Although they don't seem to go that desperate route of just holding onto the pucks too long or try to do it all themselves. I was worried with so many young, future star players....that they would turn to what worked in the AHL (which doesn't work in NHL). So, that's nice to see. But, they are all sorts out of sync 

also, i don't know what you're supposed to call with that perry breakaway thing....but like....NOTHING being called there is WHY diving exists....that needs to be called without having to dive....

8 minutes ago, Fisix said:

dagger:done

all Montreal has to do is make NHL history if they want to win the cup......

ugh...the thing that made them so hard to play against -- great D coverage -- just went out the window games 1 and 3....especially this last one. Im sure Leafs, Jets, Knights fans/players are like....where was this montreal!?!?

Edited by Jasoaks

The families of Lightning players have been denied entry into Canada to see a potential Cup clinching game. I know the reality of the situation but I like to imagine this was some top secret underhanded tactic by the Canadian government to get Tampa to throw game 4 and give Montreal a pulse. Watch the Lighting still win 9-0.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

The families of Lightning players have been denied entry into Canada to see a potential Cup clinching game. I know the reality of the situation but I like to imagine this was some top secret underhanded tactic by the Canadian government to get Tampa to throw game 4 and give Montreal a pulse. Watch the Lighting still win 9-0.

I hope they do throw game 4. Back-to-back Cups is an amazing accomplishment, and since they didn’t get to celebrate with fans last season in the bubble, it would be awesome if they could do it this season after a game 5 clincher. They should make it obvious too. Like, let the first shot from Montreal go in easy and then just play keep-away from the Habs for the rest of the game so they can get no satisfaction or momentum out of a 1-0 Price shutout.

36 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I hope they do throw game 4. Back-to-back Cups is an amazing accomplishment, and since they didn’t get to celebrate with fans last season in the bubble, it would be awesome if they could do it this season after a game 5 clincher. They should make it obvious too. Like, let the first shot from Montreal go in easy and then just play keep-away from the Habs for the rest of the game so they can get no satisfaction or momentum out of a 1-0 Price shutout.

yeah, like, throw it into their own net even haha put McBackup in "undisclosed" Vas injury

like...man...I'm sure they wont admit it, but yeah, it would be great for everyone if tampa loses tonight. Although...if somehow Montreal wins tonight AND wed......well at that point I'd have to imagine tampa aint throwing game 6 lol