The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Fisix

2021 - Final 4

Vas has made a couple of attempts to give the puck away to the Habs...so...he's trying... :P 

No but seriously, even with the Bolts "throwing" the game...theyre too good and still basically don't make any mistakes haha

Even the hockey gods were trying to give this to the Habs...but Tampa is too good the hockey gods can't even stop them lol

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Vas has made a couple of attempts to give the puck away to the Habs...so...he's trying... :P 

No but seriously, even with the Bolts "throwing" the game...theyre too good and still basically don't make any mistakes haha

Even on the one mistake Hedman made all game (all series?) when he flubbed the puck at the point on that last powerplay, he still managed to force the Montreal player all the way wide to the boards where the only play was a rushed cross-crease pass (which, to be fair to Montreal, almost worked)

I don't understand why he doesn't just get the Lidstrom treatment at this point as the de facto Norris winner every year even when his offensive numbers aren't quite at the top. There's nobody on his level. The fact that Tampa is allowed to have this guy on the same team as Vasilevskiy, Kucherov & Point is borderline criminal.

Say what you will about the quality of this series but at least Montreal didn't pull up to their first finals appearance since 1993 wearing some god-awful gradient shirt with THE MOUNTAIN written over a cheesy checkerboard pattern. I fear that's the future Nike has in mind for the NHL. They really know to make the most important games of the year look like a bogus Saturday afternoon in November.

Edited by PetrSykora

On 7/5/2021 at 9:53 PM, PetrSykora said:

Even on the one mistake Hedman made all game (all series?) when he flubbed the puck at the point on that last powerplay, he still managed to force the Montreal player all the way wide to the boards where the only play was a rushed cross-crease pass (which, to be fair to Montreal, almost worked)

I don't understand why he doesn't just get the Lidstrom treatment at this point as the de facto Norris winner every year even when his offensive numbers aren't quite at the top. There's nobody on his level. The fact that Tampa is allowed to have this guy on the same team as Vasilevskiy, Kucherov & Point is borderline criminal.

I found the comments this year about how Cale Makar is the best defenseman in the league to be comical. Hedman is clearly better, and I would say Josi is too.

• Like 1

I love how they put up the record for facing elimination...and I was like "ohhh 4 and OH!"....then realized...wait, I'd only ever see a stat that ends in 0 lol ...otherwise they wouldn't be in the playoffs :P

On 7/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, PetrSykora said:

Yep, exactly. I don't get it either. I mean, I thought Fox had a fantastic season...I'm ok with Fox winning it.

But yes! I mean, that's not even mentioning Stamkos! lol even get rid of the iffy cap circumvention...they still are incredibly solid! i mean, last year without Stamkos they looked insane.

if i'm reading this right, and the NHL website stats are correct, there are 33 + 43 hits through the second period?  that seems like a LOT.

man...the Habs have to come out and do so many things that havent happedn yet lol...win after allowing the first goal...tampa loses after scoring first...and have Tampa lose 2 games in a row in the last 2 playoffs...

At least it's only 1 goal...but wow...come on guys!!!

• Like 1

i have to say, i find the camera selection in the playoffs to be SUPER generous to the referees and to the players that rough it up after the play is blown dead, to a fault.  they do some some nasty hits, but they also omit a ton of questionable call replays and conversations between the refs and players and between the opponents.  maybe i'm just jonesing to be at the area, but i feel like it's been a pretty sterile broadcast game after game.  we see more in manual clips posted to twitter etc.

12 minutes ago, Fisix said:

i have to say, i find the camera selection in the playoffs to be SUPER generous to the referees and to the players that rough it up after the play is blown dead, to a fault.  they do some some nasty hits, but they also omit a ton of questionable call replays and conversations between the refs and players and between the opponents.  maybe i'm just jonesing to be at the area, but i feel like it's been a pretty sterile broadcast game after game.  we see more in manual clips posted to twitter etc.

maybe...

but man were they (nbc) just ripping apart Cirelli in that first period lol wouldn't stop talking about all the things he did wrong and replaying it lol

12 minutes ago, Fisix said:

good riddance to an abysmal season.

Thought we all said this after the last Ducks’ game lol

May we one day be the Lightning. Team is an absolute unit. Congrats to Big Rig Maroon for the three-peat.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Thought we all said this after the last Ducks’ game lol

May we one day be the Lightning. Team is an absolute unit. Congrats to Big Rig Maroon for the three-peat.

I can’t really envision the Ducks ever having a $98 million payroll. :P 

It sure would be awesome if the Ducks could draft one of the best players in the world in the 3rd round though. Sign me up for that!

• Like 1

sigh......

they couldn't just get ONE goal tonight?? man...honestly, both teams looked kinda sloppy...I missed the 3rd though, so maybe the bolts tightened it up

Welp, it's done. The best team in the league won. over the cap, sure...but let's be real, they could have done it under the cap, too. Maybe it just would have gone to 6 games instead :P

That Habs team has a future. And WOW did CPrice look SO good these last 2 games. So sad we may not see him in the finals again. Looking forward to see what disappointing team (Avs, Knights, Leafs, Oilers) goes after CPerry this off season :) 

2 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I can’t really envision the Ducks ever having a $98 million payroll. :P 

It sure would be awesome if the Ducks could draft one of the best players in the world in the 3rd round though. Sign me up for that!

You're right. As a compromise, I'll settle for a $90 million payroll and only one cup.

If the Ducks start adding more futures and picks by actually rebuilding, then our odds to do that only improve. It's like playing the lottery: the more tickets you have, the more chances to win! Or maybe we can at least just do better than Deven Siederoff and Keaton Thompson.

Hats off to the lightning.  I can't say "bolts" because Hacksaw Hamilton used to say that in his broadcast "Show me your lightning bolt!!!!"  Ha Ha

Hats further off to the goalkeeper posting yet ANOTHER shutout in the elimination game.  Dude is amazing.  Come to think of it, so are the Tampa Bay team.

Pat Maroon is Mr. Stanley Cup!  He is truly blessed.

Congrats to the Lightning. I wanted the habs to win it but the bolts deserve it. Cap circumvention or not, they're a great team.

Congrats to Tampa Bay on Winning their 3rd Stanley Cup and becoming 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions respect from this Ducks Fan in Canada.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

9 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

sigh......

they couldn't just get ONE goal tonight?? man...honestly, both teams looked kinda sloppy...I missed the 3rd though, so maybe the bolts tightened it up

Welp, it's done. The best team in the league won. over the cap, sure...but let's be real, they could have done it under the cap, too. Maybe it just would have gone to 6 games instead :P

That Habs team has a future. And WOW did CPrice look SO good these last 2 games. So sad we may not see him in the finals again. Looking forward to see what disappointing team (Avs, Knights, Leafs, Oilers) goes after CPerry this off season :) 

Crazy to think that the Habs will be in the same division as the Lightning, Leafs, Bruins, and Panthers next season (assuming they go back to the normal divisions). Do they even get in the playoffs in that division?

5 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Crazy to think that the Habs will be in the same division as the Lightning, Leafs, Bruins, and Panthers next season (assuming they go back to the normal divisions). Do they even get in the playoffs in that division?

I mean...eventually? lol Although, maybe not during Weber/Price times. This whole finals had such a similar "Lundvquist/Rangers 2014" vibe to it. All-world amazing goalie making his token finals appearance. Thornton 2016, too. Could still make the wild card

Excited to see Habs v Lightning next season in the regular season. So cool to see that 2 years in a row the teams that played in the finals will be divisional rivals the following season lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I mean...eventually? lol Although, maybe not during Weber/Price times. This whole finals had such a similar "Lundvquist/Rangers 2014" vibe to it. All-world amazing goalie making his token finals appearance. Thornton 2016, too. Could still make the wild card

Excited to see Habs v Lightning next season in the regular season. So cool to see that 2 years in a row the teams that played in the finals will be divisional rivals the following season lol

Haven't checked to see if it's true, but I heard that Price had a 12-game losing streak against Vasilevskiy prior to game 4. I fully expect Tampa to make it a point to beat the crap out of the Habs next regular season, just because.

7 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Haven't checked to see if it's true, but I heard that Price had a 12-game losing streak against Vasilevskiy prior to game 4. I fully expect Tampa to make it a point to beat the crap out of the Habs next regular season, just because.

yeah, but that was before having a finals against each other lol...and especially after Kuch's comments about the Habs fans...I fully expect the Habs -- especially in Montreal -- to really bring it against the bolts...

16 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

sigh......

they couldn't just get ONE goal tonight??

They could have, but the refs chose to inexplicably call an embellishment in order to avoid the 5-on-3 that Montreal earned.  Heck, it was minutes after Joseph drew the hooking call with feathered fall.  

It is beyond suspicious that more egregious uncalled examples were missed (per usual), but they call it then?  When it would have put Tampa in peril?  Of course they'd help them out. 

1 hour ago, gotchabari said:

They could have, but the refs chose to inexplicably call an embellishment in order to avoid the 5-on-3 that Montreal earned.  Heck, it was minutes after Joseph drew the hooking call with feathered fall.  

It is beyond suspicious that more egregious uncalled examples were missed (per usual), but they call it then?  When it would have put Tampa in peril?  Of course they'd help them out. 

Yeah, I dunno, I mean, I'm never one who subscribes to those theories, I think the refs were just BAD at their job. Like, what tf is Perry supposed to do? He gets essentially tripped on a break away but doesn't fall down in a previous game, no call. The refs basically taught him "if you don't dive, we wont call that"...ugh ti's annoying. And then something similar happens in Game 5 for the Bolts and the Habs get called. It was dumb. Not conspiring....just bad at what they do.