The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Joker8

Ducks hire Mike Stothers and Geoff

58 minutes ago, Joker8 said:

New guys behind the bench, Thoughts?

Now we only have 2 guys in way over their heads (Murray and Eakins)  Use to be 4

Edited by ChopSuey
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

Ahh oh the Thread monitor is here

👮‍♂️🚨

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like Dineen is out in San Diego.  Joel Bouchard hired as Gulls HC.

Replacing Dineen makes no sense does it?  Especially when the coach of the ducks was the mastermind of the worst ducks in history and he keeps his job?  He must have blackmail material to keep from getting fired?  He just doesn't show himself to be any sort of effective, winning professional coach.  I just don't see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

This organization seems like it's allergic to good coaches.

I've heard Bouchard is good? or well, that Montreal fans seem pretty upset by this. As far as us getting him in this organization it sounds like a win...but where is Dineen going?? This seems very upsetting....

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

Replacing Dineen makes no sense does it?  Especially when the coach of the ducks was the mastermind of the worst ducks in history and he keeps his job?  He must have blackmail material to keep from getting fired?  He just doesn't show himself to be any sort of effective, winning professional coach.  I just don't see it.

I read someone said nhl teams were talking to him about an assistant position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I've heard Bouchard is good? or well, that Montreal fans seem pretty upset by this. As far as us getting him in this organization it sounds like a win...but where is Dineen going?? This seems very upsetting....

Bouchard is good. Montreal are really upset to lose him - he was a potential future NHL head coach. But they are Ducharme now that is likely going to lose the interim tag so who knows how long he would have to wait. He could get to the NHL quicker in Anaheim.

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

This organization seems like it's allergic to good coaches.

The Curse of the Bam-Boudreau? :ph34r:

On 7/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, Jasoaks said:

Bookending this on Dineen. He's been hired as the new head coach of the Utica Comets, which is the Devils AHL affiliate. The Devils have some good young forwards in their system that he'll likely get to work with. Lucky them. Still bummed Dineen wasn't retained. Seems like he was doing great with the Gulls this past season despite all the challenges. Groulx had some good things to say about Dineen in his recent Athletic interview.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Bookending this on Dineen. He's been hired as the new head coach of the Utica Comets, which is the Devils AHL affiliate. The Devils have some good young forwards in their system that he'll likely get to work with. Lucky them. Still bummed Dineen wasn't retained. Seems like he was doing great with the Gulls this past season despite all the challenges. Groulx had some good things to say about Dineen in his recent Athletic interview.

yeah a little bummed, too. i guess we have someone good with Bouchard. I wonder why we wouldn't have at least extended his contract...or have offered him one of the assistant spots...especially with his history of good special teams coaching...

7 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

yeah a little bummed, too. i guess we have someone good with Bouchard. I wonder why we wouldn't have at least extended his contract...or have offered him one of the assistant spots...especially with his history of good special teams coaching...

My Guess he wanted a change of scenery.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Hopefully Ward takes over from Dallas this season as an intern. He's not amazing but the Flames at least played decent for him in the bubble a year ago. 

I can't imagine it would be great for the young Ducks to play for one of the worst coaches in league history for yet another year. 

Well with Hiring of these Coaches got to wait and see what they can do for our Ducks so...On ice result is IMPORTANT.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 8/16/2021 at 1:11 AM, CharlieConway said:

Hopefully Ward takes over from Dallas this season as an intern. He's not amazing but the Flames at least played decent for him in the bubble a year ago. 

I can't imagine it would be great for the young Ducks to play for one of the worst coaches in league history for yet another year. 

When you have the worst GM in the NHL it can happen

9 hours ago, Joker8 said:

When you have the worst GM in the NHL it can happen

That I agree....especailly one that is stubborn.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck