The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Not sure if we could get him because of same Div but for the right price could be a good add.  Has a high motor and could be a good second liner.  I also think he was used poorly in AZ this last season.  I live in AZ and watched a ton of games.  He has more to offer then what AZ get get out of him.

Edited by ChopSuey

They’ll be in different divisions this season. Coyotes get moved to the Central and Seattle takes their spot in the Pacific. Garland or Dvorak would both be interesting trade options, since Arizona looks like they’re probably going with a scorched earth rebuild plan and we could use the skill sets both bring to the table. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

I'd hate rooting for a D-bag, though.

Right! Garland was a thorn! We do need a pest tho lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Garland was a diving punk.  No thanks.

Maybe so, but he was T-2 with McDavid for most penalties drawn (29) last season, behind only Brady Tkachuk's 34. The Ducks two highest players were Max Jones (19) and Troy Terry (13). If the Ducks can get their PP sorted out, they'll need someone to draw penalties so they can actually use it.

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

Garland was a diving punk.  No thanks.

1 hour ago, ChopSuey said:

How many times did you watch him play? twice?  incorrect assessment 

He's definitely a diver. I don't mind if he plays with an edge and plays that same annoying style that Perry used to play, but I don't really want a bunch of floppers on our team.

Getzlaf would probably beat it out of him.

4 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

How many times did you watch him play? twice?  incorrect assessment 

8 plus the articles, tweets, and highlights of him being a guy who couldn't finish what he starts.  

Thank you for your non-binding statement of opinion on our assessment.  I'm going to go ahead and bypass that input for now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

I don't care.  I have no desire to watch someone on the Ducks take dives.  Practically speaking, my hope is that the NHL cleans up the diving in the near future and Garland suddenly becomes far less valuable as a guy who draws penalties.

I'm no fan of diving, but I think that's something that can be cleaned up through internal pressure from an organization and the team's leadership. He also may be a bit of a rat, but I don't consider him to be a dangerous rat like a Marchand or Kadri because he doesn't spend half of his shifts looking for head shots on unsuspecting players. And the fact is, Garland can score and he can agitate, and we don't really have any guys with his particular skill set in this current group of Ducks gentlemen players. Garland is also not afraid to out-work his opponent in the corners (like too many of our forwards are) and he gets under the opponents' skin with the best of them. Anyone who can get MacKinnon frustrated enough to be thrown out of a game gets a second look from me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

If you've gotten Nathan MacKinnon to throw a helmet at you because you're an a-hole, I'm not interested in having you on my team.  I don't want divers and agitators.  I want guys who score goals (or pass the puck to guys who can). 

I'm not interested in having rats on my favorite team, if it can be helped.  Corey Perry grew up with the organization and helped win a Cup.  If Garland had done that in his second year with the Ducks, maybe I'd consider thinking about him differently.  But that ship has sailed.

MacKinnon is supremely talented, but he’s also a hothead and a prick on the ice and is known to lose his cool. So I don’t find this to be disqualifying at all. This is like the Millennial version of Pronger stomping Kesler’s leg. And speaking of Kesler, if Garland can live rent free in MacKinnon’s head the way Kesler did in Ryan Johansen’s head, he’s doing his job. 

4 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

If you've gotten Nathan MacKinnon to throw a helmet at you because you're an a-hole, I'm not interested in having you on my team.  I don't want divers and agitators.  I want guys who score goals (or pass the puck to guys who can). 

I'm not interested in having rats on my favorite team, if it can be helped.  Corey Perry grew up with the organization and helped win a Cup.  If Garland had done that in his second year with the Ducks, maybe I'd consider thinking about him differently.  But that ship has sailed.

we have to have something to offset the penalty disparity.  at some point, you have to play the game according to the rules they're forcing upon you, at least a little bit.

4 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Divers no. Agitators, why not? This team needs someone to stir the pot. Not to the level of Garland or someone like Marchand, they make Perry look like a choir boy. Currently, I think Max Jones is doing a pretty good job at that, sometimes to the detriment of his offensive game. If he can balance the sandpaper and scoring, that would be wonderful.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

Divers no. Agitators, why not? This team needs someone to stir the pot. Not to the level of Garland or someone like Marchand, they make Perry look like a choir boy. Currently, I think Max Jones is doing a pretty good job at that, sometimes to the detriment of his offensive game. If he can balance the sandpaper and scoring, that would be wonderful.

Marchand has basically been scoring at around a 40-goal pace these last 6 seasons....id gladly take Marchand. Id be stoked if Max can start producing like that with or without the agitation lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fisix said:

we have to have something to offset the penalty disparity.  at some point, you have to play the game according to the rules they're forcing upon you, at least a little bit.

He would likely increase it.  Right now, he doesn't get called for the penalties he commits in order to draw retaliation.  As a Duck, he most certainly would.