The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2021-2022 NHL Season Catch-all

those don't even sound like real years to me lol....

Anyway, as the biggest surprise to no one...the Wild bought out Parise and Suter's remaining 4 years on their insane contract...

Also, Rinne retired!

16 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

What are the chances Bob picks up Parise?

I think its unlikely...it's more likely he tries to join a team like Vegas or something...i dunno...i don't understand why parise would want to come here lol he's gotta be in win-now mode

1 hour ago, Jasoaks said:

I think its unlikely...it's more likely he tries to join a team like Vegas or something...i dunno...i don't understand why parise would want to come here lol he's gotta be in win-now mode

He should follow Patty Maroon. He's turned into a Cup magnet.

Good freaking riddance Rinne. One of the luckiest goalies ever and I swear he banked it all to use against one team. I don't think it's a coincidence how he's been absolutely lit up in every playoff series he's played immediately after sneaking past the Ducks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Depends if we get in on Eichel or others.  If we're aggressive, we can make a case to some of these outliers that they can be a critical 3rd/4th liner.

17 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

What are the chances Bob picks up Parise?

I actually wouldn't be upset if he would go after Suter. Parise not so much. 

SO MUCH IS HAPPENING! wow...I would not have thought a roster freeze at noon would have more activity than the past trade deadline :P 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Nolan Patrick to Vegas....wow!

Yeez. That is some three team trade. Ryan Ellis getting traded to Philly and Cody Glass getting flipped to Nashville,

Arizona also got three draft picks to take Andrew Ladd's contract.

Nolan Patrick to Vegas....wow!

I really don't know how good or bad he is but Vegas doesn't appear to have much cap space. I wonder if he gets an offer sheet.

15 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

I really don't know how good or bad he is but Vegas doesn't appear to have much cap space. I wonder if he gets an offer sheet.

no one does lol...but as a former #2 overall that's a big get...he can still develop...he's only 22

I’m just laughing hysterically at all the so-called “strategy” by the GMs. This league is a clown show. 

11 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Shea Weber’s career is seemingly over according to GMMB. Guy was a monster. Wished he would have gone out on top.

sigh...that's really sad. I know he was a Pred, but man I had a lot of respect...and terror...for him. I'm glad he got a finals appearance even if it was with essentially fractured ankles. I was wondering why he seemed to not be shooting AT ALL.

I remember that PK/Weber trade...and all these analysts being like "wow, what a win for the preds!" and like...all these central/west coast players like Toews saying "thank you thank you thank you Montreal for getting Weber out of this division!!" ....didn't see anyone saying that about Subban :P 

Would have loved to have had him on our team.

4 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Shea Weber’s career is seemingly over according to GMMB. Guy was a monster. Wished he would have gone out on top.

setup to have him sit half the season a la Kucherov?

5 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I really like that Ghostbear trade for Arizona. 

haha arizona is doing well to be getting players and picks and giving up...literally nothing lol

After Boston Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said last week that the team was going to qualify restricted free agents Nick Ritchie and Ondrej Kase, the team surprisingly reversed course on Monday and didn’t tender qualifying offers to restricted free agent wingers. The Bruins signed RFA Nick Wolff to a one-year, two-way contract for an NHL value of $750,000 and tendered qualifying offers to goalie Callum Booth and former first round pick Zach Senyshyn, but both Ritchie and Kase are now essentially free to sign with any other NHL team.

The qualifying offer for Kase would have been $2.6 million, which the oft-injured right winger would have presumably accepted for next season as a larger amount than he’s going to get otherwise. The 25-year-old Kase has been limited to nine games with the Boston Bruins over the last two seasons due to concussion issues, and has posted just five assists, and zero goals, in 20 total games during the regular season and playoffs after being dealt from Anaheim.

“With [Kase] this year, it’s been a lot of wait and see, and that’s what we’re back to again,” said Boston Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy at the start of the playoffs when Kase was basically ruled out from playing after missing the entire season and then suiting up for the final game of the regular season against the Islanders.

It was a $2 million qualifying offer for Ritchie coming off a career-high 15 goals for the 25-year-old power forward in just 56 games last season, but the 6-foot-2, 230-pound Ritchie had arbitration rights and surely would have been looking at a significant raise based on his numbers. Perhaps it was expansion draft subterfuge from Sweeney when he said he was going to tender his RFAs when it really didn’t make sense to ever tender Kase, but either way it seems to be an admission that Boston’s moves at the trade deadline two seasons ago really didn’t pan out.

looking like MA Fleury is going to Chicago!? for...an AHL player????

oh man, that snafu in the playoffs did not sit well with vegas huh....

Edited by Jasoaks

looking like MA Fleury is going to Chicago!? for...an AHL player????

oh man, that snafu in the playoffs did not sit well with vegas huh....

Or they're clearing cap space for some moves...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gotchabari said:

Or they're clearing cap space for some moves...

i think that has to be the correct take.  otherwise, they're idiots.

55 minutes ago, Fisix said:

i think that has to be the correct take.  otherwise, they're idiots.

just hearing about how it all went down with MAF and Vegas.....with MAF not even getting a phone call-- finding out on twitter. And that the owner told him and his wife he'd be retiring as a golden knight just a few months ago etc.... they very well might be.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

just hearing about how it all went down with MAF and Vegas.....with MAF not even getting a phone call-- finding out on twitter. And that the owner told him and his wife he'd be retiring as a golden knight just a few months ago etc.... they very well might be.

Yeah that's messed up. I'm not a fan of the way Vegas does things, they're too business sided. On one hand it's nice that they don't care/ get attached to any player from a win now perspective but it just doesn't feel right to do things this way. Especially for someone who did so much for your expansion team. 

12 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

Yeah that's messed up. I'm not a fan of the way Vegas does things, they're too business sided. On one hand it's nice that they don't care/ get attached to any player from a win now perspective but it just doesn't feel right to do things this way. Especially for someone who did so much for your expansion team. 

EXACTLY! he was the face....and IMO one of the biggest reasons they made it to the playoffs/finals....he was great for them and embraced something he didn't have to be a part of. Look at how Pittsburgh has been since he left... theyve won 1 playoff series...after winning back to back stanley cups.

I think Lehner is a fantastic guy and a fine goalie...but his positioning is so weird to me. He almost always seems off his angles. So, I dunno how Vegas is gonna fare now... but I think people like to show how Fleury couldnt' close out the back to backs and needed Murray to step in...but clearly Murray (and Jarry) (and Lehner last year) weren't able to get the teams very far.....

Our gm would never have done anything like that…

(I know I needed to stop at “anything”…)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Hoping that Kase and Ritchie can end Toronto’s cup drought now)

My son found this on reddit....  It would be funny, if it were not so true

This is going to sound like sour grapes from a Boston fan but I don't give a Dehydrated Donkey Dung.

Ritchie is one of the worst players I've seen in a Bruins sweater in a long time. He routinely made me question what it meant to be a Boston fan, he tested my patience and my ability to root for my boys on a routine basis.

I can excuse a lot, that's what sports fandom is, right? It's a place to be biased and petty and stupid in a safe little sandbox of biased petty stupidity. But suck me sideways Thick Dick Nick made it a chore. I can handle guys lacking talent but playing with heart, I can handle a lack of heart in crazy talented guys, I can handle the staggering room temperature milk mediocrity of guys like Lee Stempniak, but Thick Dick Nick is none of those things.

He plays the game like someone trying to egg you on into taking a swing at him. He skates with the urgency of an old lady shopping for canned beats, but with half the speed. His hockey IQ is on par with Brett Favre's. I'm assuming Brett Farve has never played hockey, correct me if I'm wrong. Nick constantly skates around like he's surprised he's at an NHL game and then glides back to the bench (probably from the penalty box for a stick infraction) with the dim look of Lenny from Of Mice and Men. Then he sits there like a melting chocolate Santa, with his hair inexplicably sticking up through the vent in his helmet, waiting to be surprised by his next turn to get on the ice.

Consider this: He scored 15 goals last year, found some dangerous ice as a PP scorer, and Bruins fans were debating if he would be a good 4th liner or not this year, because our 4th line was that fraking bad, and Ritchie was the only skater who could conceivably make it worse. He scored 15 goals for us and we weren't sure if he would be a good replacement for Chris fraking Wagner, the surly hobbit of the TD garden.

Nick Ritchie is a bigger contributor to the decline in cardiovascular health in Boston fans than smoking and obesity. He's the equivalent of a double bacon cheeseburger on your system. He is hockey diarrhea. The guy takes the stupidest retaliatory penalties you've ever seen. He is complete invisible until you need a momentum swing, goes "Got ya boss" and cross checks someone in the neck and bumbles off the ice like Abbott and/or Costello while simultaneously shrugging and bitching to the refs and the guy he blindsided.

I'm sure he's not a bad guy IRL, I don't mean for this to be a character assassination. I'm sure he has family and besides Brett they probably don't suck. This isn't about kicking a player on their way out; let the record reflect that every Boston fan has a few memories of cursing his name and that we started kicking him long before he was down. (See also the general well wishes for Kuraly upon his departure.)

Nick isn't a goon, he's a bad boyfriend. He'll score a couple of goals one week and you'll think he's turned a corner and then he'll hit on one of your friends and tell you to chill out because he's just being friendly. Don't buy the hype, be fraking aware.

I am ecstatic that Ritchie wasn't held onto as a sunk cost, and that Toronto signed him. There you go, that's your analysis.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

My son found this on reddit....  It would be funny, if it were not so true

This is going to sound like sour grapes from a Boston fan but I don't give a Dehydrated Donkey Dung.

Ritchie is one of the worst players I've seen in a Bruins sweater in a long time. He routinely made me question what it meant to be a Boston fan, he tested my patience and my ability to root for my boys on a routine basis.

I can excuse a lot, that's what sports fandom is, right? It's a place to be biased and petty and stupid in a safe little sandbox of biased petty stupidity. But suck me sideways Thick Dick Nick made it a chore. I can handle guys lacking talent but playing with heart, I can handle a lack of heart in crazy talented guys, I can handle the staggering room temperature milk mediocrity of guys like Lee Stempniak, but Thick Dick Nick is none of those things.

He plays the game like someone trying to egg you on into taking a swing at him. He skates with the urgency of an old lady shopping for canned beats, but with half the speed. His hockey IQ is on par with Brett Favre's. I'm assuming Brett Farve has never played hockey, correct me if I'm wrong. Nick constantly skates around like he's surprised he's at an NHL game and then glides back to the bench (probably from the penalty box for a stick infraction) with the dim look of Lenny from Of Mice and Men. Then he sits there like a melting chocolate Santa, with his hair inexplicably sticking up through the vent in his helmet, waiting to be surprised by his next turn to get on the ice.

Consider this: He scored 15 goals last year, found some dangerous ice as a PP scorer, and Bruins fans were debating if he would be a good 4th liner or not this year, because our 4th line was that fraking bad, and Ritchie was the only skater who could conceivably make it worse. He scored 15 goals for us and we weren't sure if he would be a good replacement for Chris fraking Wagner, the surly hobbit of the TD garden.

Nick Ritchie is a bigger contributor to the decline in cardiovascular health in Boston fans than smoking and obesity. He's the equivalent of a double bacon cheeseburger on your system. He is hockey diarrhea. The guy takes the stupidest retaliatory penalties you've ever seen. He is complete invisible until you need a momentum swing, goes "Got ya boss" and cross checks someone in the neck and bumbles off the ice like Abbott and/or Costello while simultaneously shrugging and bitching to the refs and the guy he blindsided.

I'm sure he's not a bad guy IRL, I don't mean for this to be a character assassination. I'm sure he has family and besides Brett they probably don't suck. This isn't about kicking a player on their way out; let the record reflect that every Boston fan has a few memories of cursing his name and that we started kicking him long before he was down. (See also the general well wishes for Kuraly upon his departure.)

Nick isn't a goon, he's a bad boyfriend. He'll score a couple of goals one week and you'll think he's turned a corner and then he'll hit on one of your friends and tell you to chill out because he's just being friendly. Don't buy the hype, be fraking aware.

I am ecstatic that Ritchie wasn't held onto as a sunk cost, and that Toronto signed him. There you go, that's your analysis.

I think I’ve found my spirit animal. :)

• Like 1