The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Jasoaks

2021-2022 NHL Season Catch-all

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

LOL at Manson brining back a 1st. He'll need a MAJOR bounce-back season for that to happen.

Arizona had a better roster than us last season, but they also had a bunch of pending UFAs that made them better. Imagine if they had sold off guys like Goligoski and Hjalmarsson at the TDL instead of trying to make the playoffs. They're also going with a scorched earth rebuild and trading useful players that they had retained rights to for a long time. Dvorak and Garland are both only 25, can play in the top-6, and would have been under team control for several more seasons. We don't really have a useful 24/25/26-year-old in that skill range, but the closest would be Terry. Should we trade Terry for just picks as part of our rebuild? Didn't think so. Their trade of OEL would also be the equivalent of trading Fowler which, outside of one particular fan on this board, I haven't really seen anyone talking about as an important part of the rebuild. Are you all in on trading Fowler too? 

That said, I do think the Ducks missed out on landing any bad contracts in exchange for assets. With all of our cap space, if the Ducks weren't going to add any GOOD players to the roster, they should have been in on garbage contracts like Stralman, Ghostbear, or Andrew Ladd. Those three players got the Yotes four 2nds and a 3rd. Apparently the Ducks originally didn't plan on taking any bad contracts this season in exchange for assets and have since come around on the idea, but I frankly don't see many bad contracts left around the league for them to do that. So far, it's just a totally wasted offseason.

If Ristolainen didn't bring back the 14 OA, 2nd and a depth defender then I'd agree. If he's worth that then Manson is worth at least a first, IMO. Murray's bromance for Manson might have him overvaluing him.

With Arizona, they brought in a new GM in Armstrong who is changing course and building the team he wants. Arizona wasn't going to compete for a Cup whether they kept Garland, Dvorak or not. Garland was due a significant raise and they shed OEL's contract, so I can see why Arizona is going scorched earth in shedding salary and loading up assets in a deep draft. At least they have a clear direction and logic for what they are doing.

As far as Fowler, I would want to keep him but not both him and Lindholm. If you can move Fowler and re-sign Lindholm, then I am fine with that. 

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Crosby is 34 and Malkin is 35 and in the final year of his contract, and their team has major goaltending issues. Watch the Penguins sell off Malkin, miss the playoffs, and then win the Shayne Wright sweepstakes. You know its coming. Wright is the Next Next One. They'll screw Arizona and Anaheim every day of the week and twice on Sundays to make that story line work.

The Penguins will say that they are financially distressed in 2023 and they'll land Bedard, just like they did Lemieux and Crosby. Maybe if the Samuelis plead poverty then then Gary will but some loaded ping pong balls in our favor!

I'm more surprised that the Red Wings haven't won a draft lottery or had a top-3 pick given their recent history.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pazonator said:

Hello! Kraken just announced that they will require proof of vax to attend games.  Have the Ducks made any kind of announcement like this? I hope they don’t 👎🏽 

The info is on the Honda Center website. Proof of vax required (or negative test 72 hrs prior to event) and goes into effect Sept. 20.

Edited by dukitup
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dukitup said:

The info is on the Honda Center website. Proof of vax required (or negative test 72 hrs prior to event) and goes into effect Sept. 20.

Cool.  I have a new ticket guy (Scottish dude) and after I transacted the partial season ticket plan, I haven't heard a peep.  He didn't even confirm that my purchase went through or thanked me for it.  I finally saw my first payment charge, and that's how I knew it worked out okay.

4 hours ago, dukitup said:

Fair enough IMO, they want to be able to fill the stadiums all season long, and if there are tons of outbreaks linked back to games this could affect capacity restrictions, which affects their bottom line. Seems reasonable.

I was planning a trip to Anaheim for October to see some games but with the travel restrictions currently in place between the USA and Canada I think I will have to cancel unfortunately. The pre-departure test is the sticking point. The likelihood is low, but I can't afford to be stuck in the US for 2 additional weeks at the end of my trip if I happen to test positive right before my flight back to Canada. It sucks but it is what it is. All you peeps in Anaheim should just be grateful to get to go to games, even if there are extra requirements to get in.

• Thanks 1

Connor McDavid: "the time is now for the Oilers"

lol nothing funnier than a 24 year-old hockey phenom thinking the terrible team he's on needs to win NOW. especially when the current team has some of the worst goaltending, D, and scoring depth in the NHL.... Makes me think he's starting to think/feel on a subconscious level he needs to get out.... dude has another 5 years on his contract lol

Coyotes are going back to their 90s look full time now. Great news, I never liked any of those decapitated tooth-baring animal head logos in this league. Minnesota is corny, Florida needs to re-brand again, and Nashville needs to just relocate and burn all ties to what's currently the worst brand in sports cause there's no saving what they've got. 

34 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Coyotes are going back to their 90s look full time now. Great news, I never liked any of those decapitated tooth-baring animal head logos in this league. Minnesota is corny, Florida needs to re-brand again, and Nashville needs to just relocate and burn all ties to what's currently the worst brand in sports cause there's no saving what they've got. 

....and how about Anaheim Ducks? How are they doing?

5 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

....and how about Anaheim Ducks? How are they doing?

I'm talking about the uniforms. Our Duck foot logo is generic and the black sweaters are boring but hooooly, I'd take them over some beady eyed robo-cat with a horrible case of periodontal disease every single time. That's just their weird jagged logo, don't even get me started on that awful shade of yellow and how it clashes with white ice, or how lazy and unfortunate of a name Predators is for a team. 

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

I'm talking about the uniforms. Our Duck foot logo is generic and the black sweaters are boring but hooooly, I'd take them over some beady eyed robo-cat with a horrible case of periodontal disease every single time. That's just their weird jagged logo, don't even get me started on that awful shade of yellow and how it clashes with white ice, or how lazy and unfortunate of a name Predators is for a team. 

the preds logo is just....disgusting. which is fitting.

I don't hate the Ducks webbed-foot as much as others -- as it's certainly better than just saying "Ducks" across the chest lol...but still meh. I do like the Wild logo though!

to me, I would add in CBJ that just really needs to re-work their logo.