The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
dtsdlaw

Expansion Draft Predictions

Roster freeze is tomorrow (Saturday) at noon PST and the exposure lists are due by 2pm PST. Exposure lists will be distributed by the NHL at 7am PST on Sunday. Seattle will then announce it's selections by 7am PST on Wednesday, July 21st.

Since we're down to the wire, let's see some predictions from everyone!

1. Who would you protect?

2. Who do think the Ducks will protect?

3. Who do you think gets selected from the Ducks?

Edited by dtsdlaw

1. I'd Protect: Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Fleury, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Heinen, Gibson

2. Ducks protect: Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Shattenkirk, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Steel, Gibson

3. Seattle selects: Henrique (with assets sent as an incentive)

11 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

1. I'd Protect: Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Fleury, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Heinen, Gibson

2. Ducks protect: Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Shattenkirk, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Steel, Gibson

3. Seattle selects: Henrique (with assets sent as an incentive)

Good Prediction....I am not going to put my out but I will do a reaction vid to the Ducks Protection List.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1. I'd Protect: Lindholm, Fowler, Fleury, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Heinen, Steel, Jones, Volkov, Gibson

2. Ducks protect: Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Fleury, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Jones, Gibson

3. Seattle selects: Steel

• Like 2

1. Fizix protects: Lindholm, Fowler, Mahura, Fleury, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, MaxJ, Gibson

2. Ducks protect: Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Fleury, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Heinen, Gibson

3. Seattle selects: (ranked in order) Mahura (no sweetener deals in place), Stolarz (no sweetener deals in place), Hank (with Mahura or Fleury as sweetener), Shatt (with Mahura or Fleury as sweetener).

• Like 1

1. I will protect: Rakell, Milano, Terry, Lundestrom, Steel, Jones, Volkov, Lindholhm, Fluery, Mahura, Gibson

2. Ducks Protect: Henrique, Silvferberg, Terry, Jones, Steel, Lundestrom, Milano, Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Gibson

3. Kraken selects: Shattenkirk

Expansion draft rules state 7 forwards, 3 defensemen, 1 goalie or 8 skaters, 1 goalie

20 minutes ago, tommer-1 said:

What will really happen?

Bob trades Perreault to SEA

SEA agrees to draft Shattenkirk

4-D Chess...

Perreault is not eligible for the draft

Just now, perry_mvp said:

Perreault is not eligible for the draft

Which is why I said trade him.  He's definitely eligible to be traded.

Theodore wasn't eligible for the Expansion Draft in 2017 for Vegas, either.  Yet, there he is.

Classic Bob move, I'm telling ya.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Roster freeze is tomorrow (Saturday) at noon PST and the exposure lists are due by 2pm PST. Exposure lists will be distributed by the NHL at 7am PST on Sunday. Seattle will then announce it's selections by 7am PST on Wednesday, July 21st.

Since we're down to the wire, let's see some predictions from everyone!

1. Who would you protect?

2. Who do think the Ducks will protect?

3. Who do you think gets selected from the Ducks?

wow, so soooon!!! So 7am sunday we will all know who we protected??

Me: Silfv, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Fleury, Gibson (I think Mahura would be taken here)

Ducks: Silfv, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Steel, Jones, Volkov, Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Gibson

Seattle takes: Rico + Perrault (if there's a deal) / Mahura (if no deal)

38 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

wow, so soooon!!! So 7am sunday we will all know who we protected??

Me: Silfv, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Fleury, Gibson (I think Mahura would be taken here)

Ducks: Silfv, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Steel, Jones, Volkov, Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, Gibson

Seattle takes: Rico + Perrault (if there's a deal) / Mahura (if no deal)

If Murray gives up Perreault just to get rid of Henrique’s contract on a team that’s going nowhere soon anyway I will absolutely lose my ****.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Me: Lindholm, Manson, Fowler, Fleury, Rakell, Lundestrom, Terry, Jones, Gibson

Ducks: Same (lol)

Seattle takes Mahura, Shattenkirk or Henrique. They need to hit the cap floor, and Shattenkirk/Henrique would be good mentors for the younger players.

I don't think Fleury is left exposed. Murray traded for him, and since Ron Francis originally drafted him, I don't think he's going anywhere.

46 minutes ago, dukitup said:

Me: Lindholm, Manson, Fowler, Fleury, Rakell, Lundestrom, Terry, Jones, Gibson

Ducks: Same (lol)

Seattle takes Mahura, Shattenkirk or Henrique. They need to hit the cap floor, and Shattenkirk/Henrique would be good mentors for the younger players.

I don't think Fleury is left exposed. Murray traded for him, and since Ron Francis originally drafted him, I don't think he's going anywhere.

...unless that was part of the plan all along! Maybe Francis and Murray worked something out before the TDL so that GMBM would acquire Fleury so that Francis could have him, in exchange for Francis taking another contract off the books (Rico?). These GMs are playing 4D chess right now, so anything is possible. :P

Just curious why you would protect Heinen who was regularly a healthy scratch during last season?

Edited by WolfgangDuck

2 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

If Murray gives up Perreault just to get rid of Henrique’s contract on a team that’s going nowhere soon anyway I will absolutely lose my ****.

yeah haha i didn't really give much thought into that...was just thinking of a player Seattle would want to take on Rico's contract. Maybe Perreault wouldn't be it.

39 minutes ago, WolfgangDuck said:

Just curious why you would protect Heinen who was regularly a healthy scratch during last season?

Because he's still a good player. He plays all three forward positions and is a solid defender too. Just because Eakins scratched him doesn't mean he should have been scratched (see: Adam Henrique, David Backes).

1 hour ago, dtsdlaw said:

Because he's still a good player. He plays all three forward positions and is a solid defender too. Just because Eakins scratched him doesn't mean he should have been scratched (see: Adam Henrique, David Backes).

If he's not protected, do you think the Kraken would select him even though he's an RFA eligible for salary arbitration?

5 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

If he's not protected, do you think the Kraken would select him even though he's an RFA eligible for salary arbitration?

In Heinen’s case I don’t think the arb rights really move the needle since his qualifying offer likely exceeds what an arbitrator would give him based on his stats last season. I also don’t think it’s beyond the realm of possibility that he could be selected and then signed by Seattle to a 2-3+ year deal that is lower than his QO, which would be great for the Kraken. Let’s say they could get him at $2M x 3 years. I think that would make him a more attractive selection than Steel or Jones, yes.

13 hours ago, dukitup said:

That was my impression, that Fleury was traded for as.possible ED bait.  There were many comments at the time that if all we lost was Hakanpaa, it would have been a net win.

14 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Yea not seeing Danton Heinen being a protectable player in any way shape or form.  Seattle wants him, they can have him.  I'll even go out on a limb and guarantee Danton Heinen will not be protected (Sonny Milano as well).

Edited by WolfgangDuck
  • Like 1

Ducks Protect: Fowler, Lindholm, Manson Shattenkirk, Rakell, Terry, Silfverberg, Lundestrom 

I’d Protect: Lindholm, Manson, Fowler, Mahura, Rakell, Terry, Lundestrom, Jones

My Seattle Selection Guess: Maura

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke

Even with most of us thinking the Ducks do something a little different here and there...it sounds like most of us think Seattle is taking Mahura...which does remind me of what some said where grabbing Fleury might have been a way to tempt Francis in going after him to protect Mahura...

Mahura WOULD be good in the right system...but is that ever going to happen on the Ducks?

Also, rumor is Max Domi will be exposed...William Karlsson 2.0? lol

4 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Even with most of us thinking the Ducks do something a little different here and there...it sounds like most of us think Seattle is taking Mahura...which does remind me of what some said where grabbing Fleury might have been a way to tempt Francis in going after him to protect Mahura...

Mahura WOULD be good in the right system...but is that ever going to happen on the Ducks?

Domi’s shoulder surgery recovery is supposed to keep him out until December and he’s a UFA next summer. 

1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

Domi’s shoulder surgery recovery is supposed to keep him out until December and he’s a UFA next summer. 

ohhh interesting. I wonder if Seattle would still take him? The idea of exposing someone who will be recovering from injury thinking Seattle wouldn't take them is....risky lol although being a UFA next summer could be risky for Seattle, i dunno!

18 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

If botching the Vegas Ex Draft was not a reason to fire him - and I think it was - doing this would be have to be an automatic.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

If BM covets him so much, as the rumors go I guess, he gets so little time with the Ducks. Just a call up now and again. So if Seattle does pick him, then hurray for Mahura, he'll actually get to play and we can maybe see how Bob mismanaged another player.

8 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

If BM covets him so much, as the rumors go I guess, he gets so little time with the Ducks. Just a call up now and again. So if Seattle does pick him, then hurray for Mahura, he'll actually get to play and we can maybe see how Bob mismanaged another player.

Right? I remember one interview with BM maybe a couple years ago? Hard to tell these days...where he said Mahura is the one he gets the most calls about...and he's been, yeah, so protective over playing him in the NHL....he basically full pendulum swung the other direction from Fowler...

4 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

He has cement boots......If the right system includes Dallas Stars U15 AA team

• Like 1
  • Confused 1