The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
dtsdlaw

Expansion Draft Predictions

Alright Here is my own Ducks Protected List for this Years 2021 Expanison Draft...After some consideration this is what I feel our Ducks will be.

Forwards

Getzlaf

Silfverberg

Terry

Jones

Steel

Rakell

Volkov

Defencemen

Lindholm

Fowler

Manson

Goalie

Gibson

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

why is protecting Silfv so crazy? 'cause he's coming off of surgery? age/contract? 'cause he had a bad season (maybe from an injury?)?

Also, if Fleury is left unprotected and Bob does protect Manson, Lindholm, Fowler....it almost more and more seems like that acquisition was all about protecting Mahura lol and if Mahura gets taken, well, we still have Fleury!

Price apparently is being left exposed.....same with Quick....although I can't imagine Quick gets picked up....

4 hours ago, tommer-1 said:

If this is true, Moron Bob Fiddled while Anaheim burns once again.  I will celebrate the day the organization wakes up (if ever) and dumps this turd

Edited by ChopSuey

3 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

why is protecting Silfv so crazy? 'cause he's coming off of surgery? age/contract? 'cause he had a bad season (maybe from an injury?)?

Also, if Fleury is left unprotected and Bob does protect Manson, Lindholm, Fowler....it almost more and more seems like that acquisition was all about protecting Mahura lol and if Mahura gets taken, well, we still have Fleury!

I wouldn't call it crazy. I do think part of it is his contract and Seattle might try to mirror Vegas and put a roster together with quicker forwards. So maybe protecting the younger players makes a little more sense to some fans. This whole Mahura situation is getting miserably funny. Bob going through all this to protect his unicorn that's played a whole 41 NHL games in 3 seasons.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

I wouldn't call it crazy. I do think part of it is his contract and Seattle might try to mirror Vegas and put a roster together with quicker forwards. So maybe protecting the younger players makes a little more sense to some fans. This whole Mahura situation is getting miserably funny. Bob going through all this to protect his unicorn that's played a whole 41 NHL games in 3 seasons.

Yeah, I see. I was honestly asking. Just thinking about Bob and how he recently extended Silfv and also really do think he views Jakob as a future leader (maybe even captain?) of the team...part of the leadership for sure. So, that's just why I don't find it surprising. Plus, going with 3D he has plenty of space to protect all the young players he wants. You can protect Silfv, Rakell, Terry, Lunderstrom, Jones, Steel, Volkov/Heinen/Milano....although I'd be surprised if he protects Milano or Heinen. And the recent signing of Volkov makes me think he wants to keep Volkov around.

• Like 1

Bob exposed Volkov but protected Deslauriers. :blink:

Edited by dtsdlaw
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

yeah, what????? everything else seems pretty predictable imo

1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

It's not loading for me.

oh weird.... try this maybe?

Edited by Jasoaks

15 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Silf is completely done.

His shot is gone and theres tons of players who would be just as good defensively if not better and would be cheaper. I have no idea why the Ducks would protect him. I doubt anyone in the league would pick him up on waivers, let alone waste an expansion pick on him. 

I dont know the details of his NTC, so perhaps they were forced to protect him. 

Edited by CharlieConway

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

M-NTC

that wouldn't matter here...it's not a trade. It would have to be an NMC if Bob had to protect him...as far as I beleive it is.

14 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I guess thinking about it more...it doesn't REALLY surprise me...and it doens't really change anything if you ask me. Seattle isn't taking Volkov over Mahura or Fleury. Nor would they have taken FrenchyD.

3 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

As I speculated in the other thread, that could be because Seattle is going to take him and they want him to be under contract.  Remember that they can only select 10 free-agents-to-be (restricted or unrestricted).  

The only way this list makes sense is if there is a deal in place for Seattle to take Rico. If that’s the case, then Bob is just acknowledging Deslauriers for being a solid foot soldier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spike1981 said:

Landeskog exposed is maybe the biggest surprise

the more I read up on it the less it surprises me. Rumor is he's asking for $9mil which I don't think colorado would give, especially with MacKinnon needing his raise soon and MacKinnon already talking about how he'd take less to help the team. If Landeskog gets $9mil, MacKinno would essentially have no choice but to ask for at LEAST that and should be more. And then they are just the new Leafs. Just sounded more and more like the Avs were gonna part ways.

Curious to see if Landeskog would want to go to Seattle! Would be a huge get!

1 minute ago, gorbachav5 said:

The Deslauriers thing is absurd.  The only thing I can think is that Murray already has a deal in place and is doing this as some kind of appreciative gesture for being a good organizational soldier.  I have no desire for Deslauriers to be on the team any more, but I've heard he's very well liked in the locker room.

I think you're correct in that Bob has a deal in place. Maybe they take Henrique and there's a trade in the future?

ohhh just looking through...so many interesting names unprotected!

Eberle...Martin Jones...Matt Murray...haha, man, looking back at the Vegas ED and seeing Matt Murray now unprotected lol Also sso funny seeing Ovechkin on the available list...i mean, aint no way he signs with Seattle, but just funny to see

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

https://media.nhl.com/public/news/15205

Protected

Nicolas Deslauriers (F)

Max Jones (F)

Isac Lundestrom (F)

Rickard Rakell (F)

Jakob Silfverberg (F)

Sam Steel (F)

Troy Terry (F)

Cam Fowler (D)

Hampus Lindholm (D)

Josh Manson (D)

John Gibson (G)

I had a nightmare that the protection list would look something like this. My dreams aren’t even safe from Murray. Can’t wait what see what the 5D Chessmaster does to wreck the franchise’s future over the next week.

Edited by BombaysTripleDeke
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

The Deslauriers thing is absurd.  The only thing I can think is that Murray already has a deal in place and is doing this as some kind of appreciative gesture for being a good organizational soldier.  I have no desire for Deslauriers to be on the team any more, but I've heard he's very well liked in the locker room.

22 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

The only way this list makes sense is if there is a deal in place for Seattle to take Rico. If that’s the case, then Bob is just acknowledging Deslauriers for being a solid foot soldier.

I like the way you think, Gorb!!!

:lol:

• Haha 1

Deslauriers being protected over Volkov and Heinen is criminal. I don’t think it’ll matter since I think Seattle will take Fluery/Mahura (unless Murray made a deal for someone else and he can protect whoever he wants no consequences), and I’m fine with that, but it just looks so stupid. 

• Like 1