The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
dtsdlaw

Expansion Draft Predictions

1 minute ago, Spike1981 said:

what are they doing? they could have a very strong team

i dunno....we'll see if any more deals happen today...maybe more tomorrow from what i keep hearing "tomorrow is gonna be crazy" .... but they seem to be really setting themselves up to be ok competitive now, but possibly stronger later...unlike Vegas which basically went for "be competitive now!" and especially did that as the season went on after they started so well!

hahahahaha ohhh man they just did the whole highlights for whats wrong with anaheim lol

"not much to pick from"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Nice that Fleury said Anaheim helped him a lot. 

yeah, he seems like a cool guy....sad to have lost him, but so far, it seems like we got out rather unscathed.

not sure when we see the side deals? i feel like by now we've seen most of them for Vegas....

41 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

haha ohhh im sure it's gonna be like "well a team that can really score so they protected forwards" or something i dunno...it's gonna be hilarious though 

they were pretty easy on us, just saying we're in a rebuild.  they were pretty harsh with the Kings...  :)

7 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

10 defensemen. They have some trades brewing.

there's got to be soooo much more going on.  hopefully there'll be a bunch of leaks this evening.

i have to say, i'm a bit sad ESPN's show was screwed because of the timing of the selections and the leaks.  some of the skits were actually pretty cool!

like i said above, Fleury is probably going to sting a bit going forward, but that's what happens when the Shatt and Larsson are your hopes and dreams.

i am NOT looking forward to the career threatening mayhem from Giordano and f-ing MacDermid. 

16 minutes ago, Fisix said:

they were pretty easy on us, just saying we're in a rebuild.  they were pretty harsh with the Kings...  :)

i mean they just stated facts so at least it wasn't like opinions like we're struggling....but they did just list the whole "2nd to last place, worst team in the pacific, last in goal scoring" but yeah in a rebuild and have some young players to develop. that was nice lol

It’s pretty lame the side deals aren’t announced along with the picks. I suppose it’s possible teams have agreements with Seattle that require more time to play out, but I think the NHL should have placed a rule that everything has to be completed at the time their selections were due. Maybe that handcuffs Seattle more and takes some of the leverage off other teams and they didn’t want to do that to Seattle. I don’t know. I just know it’s lame that all the fans are sitting around waiting for who knows how long to see what really happened. 

Edited by Spencer_12
  • Like 2

i dunno....I don't think there were any side deals or trades...wouldn't they have had to have been announced by now? Maybe there were unofficial ones...like Bob being told "hey, if you can get fleury, we'd take him instead of Mahura" or whatever....but nothing like...nothing else.

14 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

It’s pretty lame the side deals aren’t announced along with the picks. I suppose it’s possible teams have agreements with Seattle that require more time to play out, but I think the NHL should have placed a rule that everything has to be completed at the time their selections were due. Maybe that handcuffs Seattle more and takes some of the leverage off other teams and they didn’t want to do that to Seattle. I don’t know. I just know it’s lame that all the fans are sitting around waiting for who knows how long to see what really happened. 

edit: to clarify, not saying there wont be trades to come...come as soon as tomorrow...just saying things like we did with theo and tohers did with vegas to have them select whomever or not select whoever....i don't believe any of those happened.

Edited by Jasoaks

9 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

i dunno....I don't think there were any side deals or trades...wouldn't they have had to have been announced by now? Maybe there were unofficial ones...like Bob being told "hey, if you can get fleury, we'd take him instead of Mahura" or whatever....but nothing like...nothing else.

edit: to clarify, not saying there wont be trades to come...come as soon as tomorrow...just saying things like we did with theo and tohers did with vegas to have them select whomever or not select whoever....i don't believe any of those happened.

If that’s true then there’s definitely some questionable picks by Seattle. It sure looked like a few teams got to keep a player or two that they wouldn’t want to lose in exchange for some assets going to Seattle.

13 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

If that’s true then there’s definitely some questionable picks by Seattle. It sure looked like a few teams got to keep a player or two that they wouldn’t want to lose in exchange for some assets going to Seattle.

I think Francis looked at it as teams trying to dump salary on Seattle and he's not interested without getting something to do so -- while also picking a player from the roster? So, I think Seattle sees it as they are going to use the crazy amount of cap they have left to maybe take on salaries while also getting picks...similar to what Arizona did. While picking players that have brighter futures than necessarily being big right now.

I dunno, i don't understand it, just trying to make sense of what ive been reading/hearing lol

EDIT: i guess the NHL said that any trades announced tomorrow could have been agreed upon at any point but weren't submitted this morning with the list. And Francis is saying there aren't many from him at this point. Apparently the price to not take Giordano was too much for the Flames to pay.

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

I think Francis looked at it as teams trying to dump salary on Seattle and he's not interested without getting something to do so -- while also picking a player from the roster? So, I think Seattle sees it as they are going to use the crazy amount of cap they have left to maybe take on salaries while also getting picks...similar to what Arizona did. While picking players that have brighter futures than necessarily being big right now.

I dunno, i don't understand it, just trying to make sense of what ive been reading/hearing lol

EDIT: i guess the NHL said that any trades announced tomorrow could have been agreed upon at any point but weren't submitted this morning with the list. And Francis is saying there aren't many from him at this point. Apparently the price to not take Giordano was too much for the Flames to pay.

I think the only trades tomorrow are players that they picked today that they will flip for assets, for example, Team A agrees to send SEA a 2nd overall and a 3rd overall if they pick Adam Larsson and then trade him to Team A.

There are some of those deals in place, from what Francis said.

ANY deals to not take player A from Team A would have to have been made and announced today. There were none of those deals.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

10 defensemen. They have some trades brewing.

TWELVE D. And quite a few NHL ready guys. So a few of those guys are getting flipped, is my guess.

Eight guys are established NHL D men.

As "bleh" as I was early on looking at their roster, I can see some similarities to VGK first year.

And I have a feeling they will be a better team than the Ducks.  And Sharks. And maybe Canucks. We'll see.

36 minutes ago, tommer-1 said:

I think the only trades tomorrow are players that they picked today that they will flip for assets, for example, Team A agrees to send SEA a 2nd overall and a 3rd overall if they pick Adam Larsson and then trade him to Team A.

There are some of those deals in place, from what Francis said.

ANY deals to not take player A from Team A would have to have been made and announced today. There were none of those deals.

ahh yeah yeah that's what I think too...or....salary cap usage deals like the one Arizona did...which I guess are just normal roster changing trades. I think the rosters unfreeze tomorrow....so....all these GMs saying "well, we'll wait till after the ED" for whatever they wanted to do **cough**Eichel**cough**...well...that's TOMORROW

Edited by Jasoaks
  • Like 1

Few things to look at after the Squidheads Expansion Draft is 1. Majority of the Players selected are under age of 27 or 25 2.Vets they took have either Won  2 Stanley Cup or where enforcers. 3.They are starting from Scratch which I hope the Seattle Fans understand it's going to be a Bumpy Ride when this team Hites the ground Running.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1