The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ChopSuey

Volkov Extension via TSN

28 minutes ago, perry_mvp said:

True but they are also a playoff team looking to shed salary while the Ducks are dead last in the Western Conference. Rico's contract isn't hampering the Ducks unless a big move is in the works.

Obviously

18 hours ago, Fisix said:

Definitely this. They just spread the love with the protection list. No reason to protect who they did without a deal in place. 

I’m still hoping the Shatt is part of the deal. Not an entirely rational hope. 

Wouldn't it be something if the deal is Rico (salary retained) + a pick in exchange for the agreement that Seattle takes Shattenkirk? Talk about hitting the reset button! That'd give the Ducks another $6.8M in cap space and move out the two oldest players (besides Getzlaf). I'm not opposed to that at all.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Wouldn't it be something if the deal is Rico (salary retained) + a pick in exchange for the agreement that Seattle takes Shattenkirk? Talk about hitting the reset button! That'd give the Ducks another $6.8M in cap space and move out the two oldest players (besides Getzlaf). I'm not opposed to that at all.

It's a scary thought what BM would do. He seems obsessed with getting older defensemen that used to be good.

1 hour ago, perry_mvp said:

It's a scary thought what BM would do. He seems obsessed with getting older defensemen that used to be good.

Like Bieksa 6 years ago?  And... the guy that averaged 0.5 pts per game in both the regular season and the playoffs on his way to a Cup?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, perry_mvp said:

Well Protecting Fowler,Lindholm and Manson speaks volume. He has left Larsson exposed in the ED this week.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

22 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Well Protecting Fowler,Lindholm and Manson speaks volume. He has left Larsson exposed in the ED this week.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Watch them take Larsson and he turns into Theo 2.0.... lol at that point I think it would be truly confirmed we have no idea how to develop players....

I've been seeing a lot of people saying Seattle probably takes Fleury and then saying that's Seattle's "Theo" ...not necessarily in pts....but in he'll turn into a stud D

4 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

Watch them take Larsson and he turns into Theo 2.0.... lol at that point I think it would be truly confirmed we have no idea how to develop players....

I've been seeing a lot of people saying Seattle probably takes Fleury and then saying that's Seattle's "Theo" ...not necessarily in pts....but in he'll turn into a stud D

I don’t want to hear all this right now…but I think it’s valid 

On 7/18/2021 at 7:05 PM, Jasoaks said:

yeah honestly, I have nothing against ND, fine to have him and let him play less minutes........maybe don't put him out there when we need to score a goal to tie it in the final minutes.........

It's just more there truly was no risk of him getting plucked. So I' think im on the same side as a couple others here that it was more of a show to FrenchyD that his work ethic etc.... is appreciated. Probably 'cause it doesn't matter who is protected since there will be a deal.

I wish this same type of courtesy could've been extended to Cogliano before BM decided to trade him for the hell of it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Crack on me if this is too simplistic.  Are teams allowed to make trades with the Kracken for players from other teams.  ( I know the Golden Knights aren't in the ED)  Could BM package 2 players for a trade that required the Kracken to get some player from another team.  For example, Kracken asking the Golden Knights for Shea Theodore and then trading with the Ducks for Volkov and Fleury?

Edited by AyeEye

19 minutes ago, AyeEye said:

Crack on me if this is too simplistic.  Are teams allowed to make trades with the Kracken for players from other teams.  ( I know the Golden Knights aren't in the ED)  Could BM package 2 players for a trade that required the Kracken to get some player from another team.  For example, Kracken asking the Golden Knights for Shea Theodore and then trading with the Ducks for Volkov and Fleury?

Yes, that's actually some of the rumors on what some teams might do. 

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

I would rather much have the Ducks trade him in a Deal to get something in return BUT if Squidheads want him Go ahead.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Eh. The day is here, let's see if Bob is actually any worth in ED's. His last shot, likely, 32 teams is enough. I hope it's dts' idea of a Shattenkirk deal. Dump all the old, go all young, makes perfect sense for Anaheim...but it's not them picking, Octopussies have all the cards, sadly.

Most likely, with the Volkov sign and expose, its a sad and straightforward Rico dump. All the talk of Bob finally trading for a Russian...

51 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Eh. The day is here, let's see if Bob is actually any worth in ED's. His last shot, likely, 32 teams is enough. I hope it's dts' idea of a Shattenkirk deal. Dump all the old, go all young, makes perfect sense for Anaheim...but it's not them picking, Octopussies have all the cards, sadly.

Most likely, with the Volkov sign and expose, its a sad and straightforward Rico dump. All the talk of Bob finally trading for a Russian...

Today's ED Day(Expansion Draft Day) Whoever the Ducks Lose I am sure it will be debatable however I hope this week starts of REAL Reforms for our team.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

If he turns into Theo 2.0, I can't wait for everyone to say how they always liked him and it was stupid to leave him unprotected.  

If Seattle takes ONLY Fleury, that would be pretty good on GMBM's part.  If he then also signs Hakanpaa in FA, then we basically would have lost no one in the ED.  Heads would explode.  

1 minute ago, gotchabari said:

If he turns into Theo 2.0, I can't wait for everyone to say how they always liked him and it was stupid to leave him unprotected.  

If Seattle takes ONLY Fleury, that would be pretty good on GMBM's part.  If he then also signs Hakanpaa in FA, then we basically would have lost no one in the ED.  Heads would explode.  

man I didn't even think about resigning Hawk! haha

9 minutes ago, gotchabari said:

I wouldn’t doubt it if GMBM acquired Fluery from Carolina knowing he would expose him in a prearranged deal with Ron Francis.  

Edited by Fowl