The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
ChopSuey

Fleury gone

Haydn's brother may go Seattle also so it makes even more sense

Report: Cale Fleury will be selected by the Seattle Kraken in the expansion draft

Pretty good job.  We lost a pending UFA and 6th round pick to the Kracken.

We suspected the Fleury deal may have been an ED-related trade, but this seals it up.  I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If he also got them to take another like Shattenkirk, that'd be nice, but not required.

And Hawk is UFA, so is exactly where he would have been had we kept him.  We can sign him if we want, or not if we don't need him.  Zero loss in that capacity.  We basically got a rental to expose.  

4 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

Most of the expansion draft selections are leaked

Seattle will pick Haydn Fleury (D)  *** always subject to last minute change

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/

Ron Francis drafted him originally.  No shock, but disappointing loss.

It should be no surprise.....Ducks were expected to lose a Player...It won't be long till it's made Official.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Looking at the available list across the league, it seems apparent that the GM’s learned their lesson from the Vegas draft.   If all we lose is Fleury and a 6th, I would say we basically got our share of the expansion fee for free. 

Well IT WAS Official last Night best of Luck Haydn Fleury being Selected by the Squidheads all the best in your Career. They even have him wear the Squidheads Uni which was another prove Ducks Lost him in this years Expansion Draft.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Rather play Josh Mahura.  Career stats of the 2 players:

Fleury:  179 NHL games: 7G  20A  -12    Mahura:  41 NHL games: 3G  10A  -3

Mahura is 2 years younger. Even with zero improvement, if you multiply x4 Mahura stats he's the better player imo. Time will tell as they say.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dukitup said:

Rather play Josh Mahura.  Career stats of the 2 players:

Fleury:  179 NHL games: 7G  20A  -12    Mahura:  41 NHL games: 3G  10A  -3

Mahura is 2 years younger. Even with zero improvement, if you multiply x4 Mahura stats he's the better player imo. Time will tell as they say.

Mahura is a not an effective defender and IMO we need a solid SAH defender to play with Drysdale on the 3rd pair. I'd rather pay for a veteran 3rd pair LHD in free agency who can bring Drysdale along. Bring in someone like Hjalmarsson or Jordie Benn. Mahura needs to be traded to give him a fresh start somewhere else.  

9 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Mahura is a not an effective defender and IMO we need a solid SAH defender to play with Drysdale on the 3rd pair. I'd rather pay for a veteran 3rd pair LHD in free agency who can bring Drysdale along. Bring in someone like Hjalmarsson or Jordie Benn. Mahura needs to be traded to give him a fresh start somewhere else.  

The one thing, imo, that is crucial to really develop Drysdale into the best defenseman he can be - and I think he can be really good -, is a partner who will allow him to play the tight gap that he is so good at.  And that, as you say, is a really solid SAH guy on the left side.  Drysdale is VERY effective at disrupting plays and turning over the puck and getting it going the other way in a hurry when he can play in the neutral zone and use his legs and quick stick to defend.

If they try to turn him into a retreating defenseman, he will fail.  He's not big enough/long enough and not strong enough to play that style. As he gets older he will add some muscle and strength, but his best style is as a disruptor, not a gatekeeper.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I would not mind our Ducks to put Mahura in Package Trade to get a D-man of experince in Return.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Help me.  Why did we add a 6th round pick?  was that to the Kraken or to whoever we got Fleury from before?

1 minute ago, AyeEye said:

Help me.  Why did we add a 6th round pick?  was that to the Kraken or to whoever we got Fleury from before?

It was to Carolina when we got Fleury.  Hawk and a 6th to them for Fleury in return.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

super, super judgmental for a 41 game career, and ignores the coaching changes that've happened in the past 2 months.

3 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

I agree with you.  I've seen enough of Mahura to feel the same way you do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fisix said:

super, super judgmental for a 41 game career, and ignores the coaching changes that've happened in the past 2 months.

He is slow on his first three steps.  He cant  get out of his way.  If you dont know that you have not watched him play enough.  a defender that losses his first three steps to a talented forward is an instant liability,.

• Like 1

Simon Benoit imho will seize this chance to shine...take the place left by Fleury.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

17 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Simon Benoit imho will seize this chance to shine...take the place left by Fleury.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I've like him since I saw him play preseason a couple of years ago. Never understood why his name wasn't mentioned before last season.

3 hours ago, tommer-1 said:

I've like him since I saw him play preseason a couple of years ago. Never understood why his name wasn't mentioned before last season.

Perhaps a Darkhorse or People did not notice.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck