The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

Ducks Prospect Catch All

I’m gonna dump some impressions from Felix a Ducks writer.

Pastujov can really shoot it

PerrAult has a nasty one timer

Zellweger has some silky mitts 

Ducks seem committed to Steel as a Center

Drysdale said he’s fine with being on his off hand side but feels more comfortable on the right 

Comtois-Zegras-Terry line getting some love from Eakins 

On 9/3/2021 at 8:00 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

I’m gonna dump some impressions from Felix a Ducks writer.

Pastujov can really shoot it

PerrAult has a nasty one timer

Zellweger has some silky mitts 

Ducks seem committed to Steel as a Center

Drysdale said he’s fine with being on his off hand side but feels more comfortable on the right 

Comtois-Zegras-Terry line getting some love from Eakins 

Did you attend Ducks Rookie/Development Camp?...IF YOU did I am happy. Sounds to me the Kids have improve and doing well.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I really like Lundestrom’s development. He could be a really solid 3rd line center behind Z and McTavish in the future. 

19 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I really like Lundestrom’s development. He could be a really solid 3rd line center behind Z and McTavish in the future. 

I have also been a fan of Lundestrom, despite his uneven offensive production.  If you put a couple of big wingers around him, I could see him centering a third line that harkens back to the Pahlsson line from the glory days.

25 minutes ago, Gorbachav55 said:

I have also been a fan of Lundestrom, despite his uneven offensive production.  If you put a couple of big wingers around him, I could see him centering a third line that harkens back to the Pahlsson line from the glory days.

Cool makes me understand why Anaheim Ducks were invested in Him.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Was seeing that Z most recently has the best odds of winning the Calder next year. Would LOVE to see it. Although it's gonna be a competitive season for rookies! Caufield, Seider, Raymond, Drysdale even...maybe even Byfield? Rossi might be back in the mix...Byram...I guess Spencer Knight is still a rookie. 

I got it figured out.  I think I needed to turn off my adblocker.  I missed Zegras' goal in the first minute, but I saw Pastujov score on a nice forechecking play by Tracey where he got the puck out of the corner and into the middle. 

The ice is tilted in the Ducks' favor.  They're playing with a ton of speed and forechecking pressure.  Ducks going on the power play.

Ducks goal!  Here's what we want to see - McTavish wins the draw back to Drysdale who moves it across the blueline to Zegras who skates in, opens a passing lane, and fires a cross-ice pass to McTavish who buries the one-timer.

Sorry, edited - blueline, not goalline.

Edited by Gorbachav55

2 minutes ago, Gorbachav55 said:

Ducks goal!  Here's what we want to see - McTavish wins the draw back to Drysdale who moves it across the blueline to Zegras who skates in, opens a passing lane, and fires a cross-ice pass to McTavish who buries the one-timer.

Sorry, edited - blueline, not goalline.

That pass was NASTY. What a great shot to finish it off as well. 

1 minute ago, yeaitsme said:

That pass was NASTY. What a great shot to finish it off as well. 

I feel like it's been 5 years since Ducks fans have seen a play like that.

The Ducks' ability to get a clean breakout of their own zone has been wonderful.  They haven't always been able to get clean entries the other way, but I love their patience and vision on the breakouts.

I don't know much about Tyson Hinds, but he's been all over the place (mostly in a good way).  He just stood a guy up at the blueline to force a turnover and get a counterattack.

There's Perreault with a one-timer from the slot on the power play.  I think it was Tracey with the nice feed.  5 - 1 Ducks.

Edited by Gorbachav55

58 minutes ago, Gorbachav55 said:

I don't know much about Tyson Hinds, but he's been all over the place (mostly in a good way).  He just stood a guy up at the blueline to force a turnover and get a counterattack.

I see what you are saying. He's been breaking up plays really well so far.

Zegras is clearly the best player on the ice, and it's not close.  The Ducks have been dominant through two periods.

The only thing that I haven't been super impressed with is the defensive positioning without the puck.  I feel like there has been a lot of chasing it around, and they've gotten lucky at times that San Jose couldn't find the open man (or that the open man shot the puck wide).  But they've had possession for so long that it's really a minor issue, a nitpick really.

1 hour ago, Gorbachav55 said:

I feel like it's been 5 years since Ducks fans have seen a play like that.

I had to rub my eyes afterwards to make sure I wasn’t just imagining things. Seems like the power play units have really been focusing on opening up opportunities for the one-timer . It’s a sight for sore eyes. Hoping the big club takes the same approach.