The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sexlaf15

Ducks Prospect Catch All

25 minutes ago, yeaitsme said:

I had to rub my eyes afterwards to make sure I wasn’t just imagining things. Seems like the power play units have really been focusing on opening up opportunities for the one-timer . It’s a sight for sore eyes. Hoping the big club takes the same approach.

thats so great to hear!! who has been coaching this? has this been Eakins with the new assistants? or is this the Gulls staff?

Just now, Jasoaks said:

thats so great to hear!! who has been coaching this? has this been Eakins with the new assistants? or is this the Gulls staff?

I believe it’s our new gulls HC hire Bouchard. Not a chance It’s Eakins lol. 

1 minute ago, yeaitsme said:

I believe it’s our new gulls HC hire Bouchard. Not a chance It’s Eakins lol. 

that's....fortunate and unfortunate at the same time lol

Welp, nice to see the Eakins replacement is looking good!

• Like 1

Pasta2.0 looked pretty good out there. Even though it’s just a rookie tournament, that pick looks even more promising after that display.

1 hour ago, yeaitsme said:

Will today’s rookie game be streamed as well? 

Yeah, it should be streamed through the Ducks website. Gonna miss it but hopefully it's more of the same result as Friday's game.

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Oh dear lord. Hope it’s not serious

He's going to be fine per the announcement made later in the game.

One thing that most prospect guys noted about the Ducks' pool is that there aren't a lot of guys with above average speed.  While I like the skill and vision and hockey sense I've seen, the lack of skating speed I've seen has been obvious.  Hopefully some of these guys can improve or can at least be POWERFUL skaters, if not fleet of foot.

Badini's name has been called a lot.  He and Limoges have been surprises in terms of guys who have stood out.  You can't read too much into weekend tournaments, but it would be nice to have a couple players who blossom into solid contributors from lower in the prospect pool.

Wow, that was an absolutely terrible sequence for the Ducks to give up the tying goal.  An awful turnover at the blueline and the Ducks' D just got skated around and there was no one in front to defend TWO wide open Arizona players.  That was some Eakins-level defending right there.

And then the Ducks take advantage of a terrible defensive breakdown by the Coyotes to score with 1 second left.  Limoges with the steal at the defensive blueline and eventually makes a nice play to set up a tap in goal.  

Certainly not as great a game as Friday, and this one was a penalty-fest, so I don't know how much to take away.  Zellweger was the only d-man who impressed me.  

Overall, though, I'm happy with the prospect pool, and I hope Bouchard proves it's in good hands with him.  

I had to make sure that Wilford and Morrison didn't get demoted to San Diego because that defense was pretty bad. Found out that Max Talbot is an assistant in San Diego.

Good tournament for the kids and I'm glad to see they fought down to the last second against the Yotes.

Ducks Training Camp Roster for  "Gathering of the Ducks" is out.....Like what I see in Prospects ready to prove themselves tommorow with Five 1st Round Picks and other young talent..

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Speaking of Ducks Prospects...anyone see how well they did in Ducks Training Camp...I have seen some photos and happy Ducks Fans were able to attend.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Well, apparently Benoit and Hutton are on the Gulls roster.  Which leaves Fowler, Lindholm, Drysdale, Shattenkirk, Manson, Mahura, and Pateryn on the D roster.  7.

Meaning 14 F's.  Sounds like Groulx and McTavish made the cut.  Congrats to those two!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tommer-1 said:

Well, apparently Benoit and Hutton are on the Gulls roster.  Which leaves Fowler, Lindholm, Drysdale, Shattenkirk, Manson, Mahura, and Pateryn on the D roster.  7.

Meaning 14 F's.  Sounds like Groulx and McTavish made the cut.  Congrats to those two!

Good for them!  I'm skeptical that McTavish is ready, but they might try the 9-game tryout and see what happens.  He didn't look overmatched, but he also didn't seem like an impact player out there.  But we'll see how it goes.

It seems like the roster is set.  I can't argue too much with this other than to wonder why Carrick got sent down over Grant.  I think a 4th line of Jones - Groulx - Carrick is significantly more interesting than anything with Grant in it.  Or Sam Steel.