The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ChopSuey

Isac Lundestrom & Sam Steel signed

10 hours ago, ChopSuey said:

Bob doesnt do contracts the new guy (former Kings) handles contracts if I read his introduction correctly.

Also once Kesler is moved to LTIR we should have $16,066,084 Cap Space Available.

For that amount BM can sign a lot of overpriced - soon to be or already over the hill - former 1st round picks. joe Thornton, Travis Zajac, Eric Staal,... Make your picks.

2 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

For that amount BM can sign a lot of overpriced - soon to be or already over the hill - former 1st round picks. joe Thornton, Travis Zajac, Eric Staal,... Make your picks.

Each of the former 1st Round Picks had contributed so much to their respected teams.....btw in regards to Moving Kesler Contract I was strong advocate of moving it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

17 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Capfriendly now reporting the second year is one way @ $750K, so that would explain everything.

I still don't get why Mahura would sign an extra year at $750K when his QO next season would be $787.5K. Just to guarantee a one-way deal next season I guess? I am not sure if his next QO would have been one-way or two-way. If that is the reason he signed the extra year then it's some savvy negotiating from Solomon. Super low risk for Anaheim for a guy that could potentially emerge as an NHL regular. If he doesn't then its no big deal, he's cheap.

Edited by nieder

1 hour ago, nieder said:

I still don't get why Mahura would sign an extra year at $750K when his QO next season would be $787.5K. Just to guarantee a one-way deal next season I guess? I am not sure if his next QO would have been one-way or two-way. If that is the reason he signed the extra year then it's some savvy negotiating from Solomon. Super low risk for Anaheim for a guy that could potentially emerge as an NHL regular. If he doesn't then its no big deal, he's cheap.

The more I think about it, the more I like it for the Ducks and I can see how it makes sense for Mahura.  He's guaranteeing himself NHL ice time by next season, or at least an NHL payday.  The Ducks are telling him that they want to get him integrated into the NHL lineup by next season.  And it's super cheap.  Now if we could just get Josh an actual coach to teach him better defensive zone positioning, we'd have a solid player on our hands.

2 minutes ago, Gorbachav55 said:

The more I think about it, the more I like it for the Ducks and I can see how it makes sense for Mahura.  He's guaranteeing himself NHL ice time by next season, or at least an NHL payday.  The Ducks are telling him that they want to get him integrated into the NHL lineup by next season.  And it's super cheap.  Now if we could just get Josh an actual coach to teach him better defensive zone positioning, we'd have a solid player on our hands.

It's good Ducks Re-signed Mahura...I am very eager to see what he and others will do.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1