The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
ike8228

Ads on jerseys 22-23

Fine with me.  They're earning revenue to pay the players and grow the sport and I'm not getting charged for it.  I used to be opposed to this but I've found I no longer care.  Ads are everywhere else now anyway.  I can ignore these ones just like I ignore the other ones.

38 minutes ago, tommer-1 said:

The attire of the SHL teams for the 2019-2020 season: hockey

Gross

It's not going to look like that. From what I heard it's going to be 3x3.5 inches. One ad? Idk but definitely not like those European jerseys. 

55 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

It's not going to look like that. From what I heard it's going to be 3x3.5 inches. One ad? Idk but definitely not like those European jerseys. 

To start.

Just wait.

• Like 2

Boo. At the risk of sounding ignorant, I never really understood what these billion dollar corporations get from blowing the bank on a tiny patch they can stitch onto a sports uniform all while irritating the same fans they're targeting in the process. Obviously there's a profit somewhere otherwise they wouldn't do it, but there's gotta be far more effective ways of advertising that cost a lot less. I have no marketing experience though so what do I know. Whatever I guess, it makes the team money to waste on bad roster decisions. At this point all I can ask for are no wild colour clashes (see: Pittsburgh's helmet, Europe) and none of those god-awful corporate writeups talking about what the Honda logo represents and "the qualities they share with the Anaheim fans" or something dumb along those lines once they're announced as the team's partner.

2 hours ago, tommer-1 said:

The attire of the SHL teams for the 2019-2020 season: hockey

Gross

Yeah, it will probably get there eventually now that they've started down that road.  And somewhere between what they're doing now (a 3x5" ad) and this is where I'll draw the line.  But I'm okay with what they're doing now.

i think i only care a little because i'd want to purchase a jersey without an ad, and so now i'm less inclined to increase the size of my collection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gorbachav55 said:

Yeah, it will probably get there eventually now that they've started down that road.  And somewhere between what they're doing now (a 3x5" ad) and this is where I'll draw the line.  But I'm okay with what they're doing now.

I think it's inevitable, as long as the money is there.  And it will be.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

i think i only care a little because i'd want to purchase a jersey without an ad, and so now i'm less inclined to increase the size of my collection.

THG mentioned that the retail version wasn't supposed to have the ads though. 

54 minutes ago, g20topdogg said:

THG mentioned that the retail version wasn't supposed to have the ads though. 

I know they just talked about this on the PuckPodcast and discovered that NBA jerseys, which now have ads, also have the ads on the retail version (at least the ones that are officially sold by the NBA).

• Like 1

I think it's a shame. Those European jerseys are atrocious. But money makes the world go round so it's not surprising.

I mean, what little kid doesn't dream at night of one day pulling on something like this?  Magical...

nhl jersey sponsor jersey on sale

Edited by tommer-1
  • Haha 2

On 8/18/2021 at 12:41 PM, PetrSykora said:

At the risk of sounding ignorant, I never really understood what these billion dollar corporations get from blowing the bank on a tiny patch they can stitch onto a sports uniform all while irritating the same fans they're targeting in the process.

If their analysis is correct, then what they're making is billions of dollars.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:13 PM, ike8228 said:

It’s official

The good thing is that it's only 3x3 inches. At the same time from my perspective when I watch NHL and European hockey (Swiss League), while the Swiss League has overly colorful jerseys with bunch of ads, the NHL has 6 min of commercial breaks per period. We'll get the annoyance of seeing a 3x3 inch patch here, while a Swiss person gets annoyed to have to watch commercials during a hockey game like it's a tv show. Yea I get that we'll be irritated seeing ads when we buy new jerseys, but at same time we've been accustomed to have commercial breaks during hockey for 30+ years. For me (and when I have guests from Switzerland visiting), it was odd that there were that many commercial breaks in hockey when I moved to SoCal 25 years ago.

On 8/18/2021 at 2:19 PM, Fisix said:

I'm with you. I'm going to get a Zegras or Drysdale jersey this season, and I might never add another one to my collection in my lifetime. I like collecting jerseys and this sucks.

• Like 2